R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #571
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
apparently MrPond has already made a decision to ban programmable speedo's for all non-mod classes. to me this makes $600 worth of hardware useless. (13.5 boosted 1/12 is my comfort limit), and is an obvious ploy to provide market space for mfg's that are incapable or unwilling to compete with programmable speedo's. the bs arguments of the complexity of programmable speedo's is just that, bs. maybe its just me, but learning to fiddle a tekin/RS with a hotwire was much less difficult than learning to cut a good comm and achieve a good surface (i was never able to do so )

so, i propose that a new thread be formed where 'we' the people identify locals in our regions that we will promote for the next election and undue this stupidity at the next ROAR election.

come to think of it, the banning of programmable ESC's could prove to be a very useful ploy to significantly boosting ROAR membership!!
Good!! its about time those speedos got banned. Stuff got outta control so fast.
__________________
Hotbodies USA
SweepRacing USA
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #572
Team Tekin
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,702
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
apparently MrPond has already made a decision to ban programmable speedo's for all non-mod classes. to me this makes $600 worth of hardware useless. (13.5 boosted 1/12 is my comfort limit), and is an obvious ploy to provide market space for mfg's that are incapable or unwilling to compete with programmable speedo's. the bs arguments of the complexity of programmable speedo's is just that, bs. maybe its just me, but learning to fiddle a tekin/RS with a hotwire was much less difficult than learning to cut a good comm and achieve a good surface (i was never able to do so )

so, i propose that a new thread be formed where 'we' the people identify locals in our regions that we will promote for the next election and undue this stupidity at the next ROAR election.

come to think of it, the banning of programmable ESC's could prove to be a very useful ploy to significantly boosting ROAR membership!!
To the best of my knowledge this has not been made official as of yet. If you have proof this I'd like to see it.
__________________
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #573
Tech Elite
 
hairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the Good ole' U.S.A.
Posts: 2,323
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRESFR View Post
Novice TC - 21.5 non boosted/ Club Race Only / No Regional or Nat. Events

Stock TC - 17.5 non boosted/

Super Stock TC - 17.5 boosted ( boost allows stock TC drivers to move up to Super Stock without needing a different motor and super stock guys to go fast without needing to buy a 13.5 or 10.5. This is the best way to transition back and forth from Stock TC to Super Stock TC depending on the caliber of competition at an event.

Mod TC - Open Motor and Speedo

Foam is dead for TC and should stay that way. Rubber tires in all TC classes but 12th scale is best on foams.

I know this already seems to be the consensus but I wanted to give this class system my vote.


Mark D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
wow i really like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
banned. Good!! its about time those speedos got stuff got outta control so fast.
B18c make up your mind, first you like the idea of a boosted class and then the next you're glad itis banned.
but what do I know Scottrik calls me a "troll"
__________________
MERLIN RACING
"He once ran a marathon because it was on his way"
Logic is a lost art!
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #574
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,045
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

im just a go with the flow kinda guy, whoever is winning im on their side
__________________
Hotbodies USA
SweepRacing USA
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #575
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRESFR View Post
Novice TC - 21.5 non boosted/ Club Race Only / No Regional or Nat. Events

Stock TC - 17.5 non boosted/

Super Stock TC - 17.5 boosted ( boost allows stock TC drivers to move up to Super Stock without needing a different motor and super stock guys to go fast without needing to buy a 13.5 or 10.5. This is the best way to transition back and forth from Stock TC to Super Stock TC depending on the caliber of competition at an event.

Mod TC - Open Motor and Speedo

I know this already seems to be the consensus but I wanted to give this class system my vote.
Mark D.
Best idea yet + 1
__________________
J. Barton
Associated B5M
Associated RC8B3E
smokefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #576
Tech Elite
 
hairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the Good ole' U.S.A.
Posts: 2,323
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
im just a go with the flow kinda guy, whoever is winning im on their side
Now that I can appreciate....cool

but hey what do I know Scottrik says I'm a "troll"
__________________
MERLIN RACING
"He once ran a marathon because it was on his way"
Logic is a lost art!
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #577
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
To the best of my knowledge this has not been made official as of yet. If you have proof this I'd like to see it.
If this affected most manufacturers equally like the elimination of 13.5 motors that might not be so controversial. The wheels are in motion with the carpet nats format. My heart goes out to Tekin because this company stands for everything that I believe in. The process is broken when these poor guys have to find out on the internet like this. tisk tisk

thats 10
A.B.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #578
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.B.R View Post
If this affected most manufacturers equally like the elimination of 13.5 motors that might not be so controversial. The wheels are in motion with the carpet nats format. My heart goes out to Tekin because this company stands for everything that I believe in. The process is broken when these poor guys have to find out on the internet like this. tisk tisk

thats 10
You and Randy are both offpoint. it is the consumer that is getting the shaft. i am certain that Tekin can compete on whatever playing field is presented. that is not the issue. the issue is that consumers will need to buy a different device for each class.

in the end, Tekin will be able to provice a competitive product in that market. but you and i will need to purchase it when they(tekin) until now has supported the RS RS/pro devices with software updates gratis.
__________________
Tony Shimko
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #579
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,000
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

It's real hard biting my tongue..................
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #580
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
It's real hard biting my tongue..................
It's not healthy to keep that anger bottled up inside. Just let it out, you'll be better off.

Either that, or try saying "I was born on a pirate ship" while biting your tongue.

What's so hard about figuring out Tekin ESC setups? Just go to their website and download an ESC setup sheet from one of the team drivers. It's really no different than downloading a touring car setup. Or do racers not know how to use those fancy computers? </sarcasm>
__________________
*** The Gate - Celebrating 8 years at the same location ***
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #581
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
To the best of my knowledge this has not been made official as of yet. If you have proof this I'd like to see it.
Randy, i apologize for not replying directly. my statement is a reaction to the quotation in the originating statement of this thread, the tone of that statement suggests that some people's agenda is set and are just trying to execute.
__________________
Tony Shimko
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:34 AM   #582
Tech Elite
 
EddieO's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
It's not healthy to keep that anger bottled up inside. Just let it out, you'll be better off.

Either that, or try saying "I was born on a pirate ship" while biting your tongue.

What's so hard about figuring out Tekin ESC setups? Just go to their website and download an ESC setup sheet from one of the team drivers. It's really no different than downloading a touring car setup. Or do racers not know how to use those fancy computers? </sarcasm>
Exactly, its stupid easy............big deal you need a laptop, so many people bring them to the track to watch porn anyways, its not like its hard. Funny, I don't remember anyone ever bitching about the Pit Wizard....

That being said, I am bad at touring car setup......I can't figure out all the settings and such, let alone the whole tweak thing.....I demand it all be banned. One shock mount, one link mount.....nothing adjustable....

Tell ya what......let's do a test.

Let's take 5 guys, give them poorly setup touring cars......

Then let's take 5 guys and give them poorly setup tekin speed controls.....

Now, with no help from the internet.......see which 5 can figure out stuff and which 5 quit faster............my money is on former finding a new hobby and the ladder, simply putting the default profile in and having a good time....

Later EddieO
__________________
www.teambrood.com
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #583
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
wow i really like that!
Really? WGT and 12th scale (both foam) were the big classes overall at the biggies last year. Foam is STILL good for TC, just spec it like rubber....
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:36 AM   #584
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti View Post
Na- wouldnt have helped

it was un-drive-able because it "hit" at around 7/8 of the strait... Not too fast..
Nope, a foam car would've carried more speed outta the corners, so you'd have hit about 3/4's down the straight. And that's about right.......
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:05 AM   #585
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Exactly, its stupid easy............big deal you need a laptop, so many people bring them to the track to watch porn anyways,
LOL, quote of the year so far for 2011

I guess they are missing the noise of comm's being trued between races
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's wrong with racing in OZ Craig1 Australian Racing 94 01-21-2003 08:24 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:54 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net