Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Team Tekin

The issue is not whether to race blinky or boosted, we NEED both. The issue is to allow esc’s that can do both in the blinky class. Having low cost options and allowing existing products to be used lets the most people participate. Increasing participation and providing an easy entry class is whole point of a non boosted class. Creating entry barriers is counter productive.

We DO need boosted classes as an amature mod class. Gives people the mild mod rip they want and can handle. For many of us it is as fast as we are every going to be able to handle and have fun with. Blinky mode has a place but many need a little more adrenaline and challenge to stay interested.

We have preset suggested boosted setups in the esc that do not need a laptop. Boosted classes are fast enough to be decided by driving skill and not minor adjustments in most cases. Some people just enjoy the tweaking part, it is a hobby not a toy. For those that just want to drive we have an EASY button.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Excellent Post!!!

Very well spoken.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Yang, EA, this is exactly what I posted at the beginning of the thread.
who would listen to you. you guys only run toy cars, we run race cars. lol
Old 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

TOASTY!!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Listen- why are we so worried about the new guy?

the new guy didnt go out and buy the 200.00+ esc. He doesnt NEED to know about it at *this* time. If he wants to progress, he will learn. he will ask questions. he will read threads.

NO BODY held my hand when I was younger. I had to go to the track (way back then- there was no internet) sit down next to the local fast guy and emulate him.

Further more- the new guy has other options-- Mini- F1-- or what ever the track has. They all have some sort of opener class. AND= if he wants to run the touring car- have at it.

Dont restrict everyone else's cars because the new guy has some home work to do.

if you want to slap someone-- or some company for the downfall of touring car-- slap the ones that brought us the new 500.00 kit every calender year..

THEN- slap the fool who feel that they actually need the new car every year (me included- for the most part)

THEN- slap all of the companies producing the RTR off-road stuff that can be ran anywhere- any time.

Tekin= as far as I am concerned, has brought fresh air to Touring car. NO LONGER will anyone whine that they dont have the same horsepower as _______. It is available, it requires no crude cutting tools and or fancy dyno.

I read somewhere in the OP that ROAR was concerned about people needing a laptop. HAHA. Shows who is running ROAR. Who doesnt have a laptop? Or access to some sort of computer?

I think the problem (as usual) is ROAR. Roar needs to be run by racers- not bashers. And I blindly make that comment- I dont know who runs ROAR these days-

Last edited by Keith Billanti; 01-12-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

And further more-- I have two LRP ESC's sitting here.. Theyre useless compared to the Tekin stuff- BUT- you're going to tell me that because they dont blink, they're illegal?

thats- in- sane. how does that help anyone? I mean, i could kinda see banning dynamic timing- but banning existing products that have been in use for years is crazy.

this is more devils advocate than anything as I already have an RS pro on the way and wont be needing the LRP stuff.. but what about the two guys I brought into the hobby who dont need the boosted ESC- who were trying to save a few bucks and bought SPX's or Spheres? Theyre not allowed to compete?
Old 01-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti

I think the problem (as usual) is ROAR. Roar needs to be run by racers- not bashers. And I blindly make that comment- I dont know who runs ROAR these days-

This is the EXCOMM as posted on the Roar site.

President:
Steve Pond
e-mail: [email protected]

Vice President:
Ed Hill
PO Box 608
Bolton, MS 39041
Phone: 601.924.6416

Secretary / Treasurer:
Shawn Palmer

Sanctioning Director:
TBD

Sanctioning Assistant

TBD

Technical Director:
Ron Schuur
email: [email protected]

Technical Assistant
Ling Kang Tong

Promotions Director:

TBD

Promotions Assistant

Competition Director:
Andrew Mowery

Section Chairman:
(non-voting members)

Fuel:
Steve Pond
[email protected]

Electric:
Eric Anderson
[email protected]

ROAR Administrator:
(non-voting member)
Fred Hohwart
30262 Crown Valley Pkwy. # B 454
Laguna Niguel CA 92677

Phone: (949) 494-0515
Fax: (949) 494-3413

Here you go just so you can see. Most now are not bashers and have been involved in RC a while.

EA
Old 01-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

wow! it has been a long time..
Old 01-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
This is the EXCOMM as posted on the Roar site.

President:
Steve Pond

Vice President:
Ed Hill
PO Box 608
Bolton, MS 39041
Phone: 601.924.6416

Secretary / Treasurer:
Shawn Palmer

Sanctioning Director:
TBD

Sanctioning Assistant

TBD

Technical Director:
Ron Schuur

Technical Assistant
Ling Kang Tong

Promotions Director:

TBD

Promotions Assistant

Competition Director:
Andrew Mowery

Section Chairman:
(non-voting members)

Fuel:
Steve Pond
[email protected]

Electric:
Eric Anderson
[email protected]

ROAR Administrator:
(non-voting member)
Fred Hohwart
30262 Crown Valley Pkwy. # B 454
Laguna Niguel CA 92677

Phone: (949) 494-0515
Fax: (949) 494-3413

Here you go just so you can see. Most now are not bashers and have been involved in RC a while.

EA

I've beat a few names on that list
Old 01-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I've beat a few names on that list
And at least one on that list has smoked yo azz! LOL

EA
Old 01-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

All the people feeling so bad for the new guy or saying they don't have time to learn about adjusting or tuning an ESC should sit back and think for a second.

Thats like saying I want to be as good as the pro's at baseball I just don't have the time to figure out which bat I like best. So they should just make one bat that everyone has to use to so I don't have to go to the field more and practice and try new things.

If you didn't get into this hobby to test and tinker with your car and electronics then you are trying to compete in a level far above your interests. The rules should not be catered those that aren't willing to or don't have the drive to obtain the knowledge necessary to be competitive at a regional or national level.

That's why there is club racing..... how hard is that to comprehend, and why are we continuing to try and cater rules to the casual or never raced before guy.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Talking

Okay as a LHS owner I see it all!!
seasoned racers looking for that 1/10th second, and at the other end of the ruler, the 'newbie'

I see the seasoned guy asking for what he KNOWS he wants/needs
The 'newbie' asking me for the same speedo/motor combo/chassis ect as the top guy thinking it will make him the as fast' as Mr. Racer.

Generally [not always] money is no object, they will spend LOTZ more than they need to even after LONG lectures that it will NOT make them as fast as Mr. Racer.

Long story short, people spend money on thier hobbies, and generally more than we should,

You are not gonna keep people from spending money, if they wanta race & be competitive they will buy the best.

The sport is continualy evolving, rules will evole as well, as racers we will have to change also,

Healthy dialog like this is great for the sport

Thankx, Bill
Old 01-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tunerjetta29
All the people feeling so bad for the new guy or saying they don't have time to learn about adjusting or tuning an ESC should sit back and think for a second.

Thats like saying I want to be as good as the pro's at baseball I just don't have the time to figure out which bat I like best. So they should just make one bat that everyone has to use to so I don't have to go to the field more and practice and try new things.

If you didn't get into this hobby to test and tinker with your car and electronics then you are trying to compete in a level far above your interests. The rules should not be catered those that aren't willing to or don't have the drive to obtain the knowledge necessary to be competitive at a regional or national level.

That's why there is club racing..... how hard is that to comprehend, and why are we continuing to try and cater rules to the casual or never raced before guy.
There won't be any more club racing without casual or never raced before guys.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

True= but I dont think catering to them by capping the regular racer is the way to go. Beginner and grass-root (run what you brung') classes are.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

You didn't read, that is exactly the right place for them to race. Club level.

So why are we catering regional and national race rule sets to them, when most of the people that are in that category are not paying a membership or attending the ROAR regional or national events.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.