R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #136
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Randy_Pike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs View Post
Hey Jim how long has the RS been out for?
Over 2 years now.

Tekin,Protek,A-Main Hobbies,JConcepts,Avid RC,Yokomo,MIP,SikLidz,FactoryRC, www.randypikerc.com
Randy_Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

134 posts and still no response from The People @ ROAR, makes one wonder?

Tekin, I personally would like to thank you for your contributions to the Hobby we all love and sometimes hate.
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

If you want roar's response, go post on their forum. They seem to be very active there.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #139
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakk View Post
If you want roar's response, go post on their forum. They seem to be very active there.
i have and the thread has been void of any comments by them for a couple of days.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
And it is still Civil. Lets keep it that way everyone so this doesnt get locked. There is a LOT of good information, idea's and opinions coming from all of this. Perhaps everyone can prove ROAR wrong about RC Tech and prove that we can have civil conversations here!

Thanks
EA
No offense, but not that they'll care. At least in my experience through the 90s and into the 2000s, ROAR leadership never gave a damn about the unwashed masses who weren't dues-paid-up-card-carrying-members, and often made no bones about it. Part of what has me on the fence now.

ROAR does not run tracks that are not affiliated with it, and many who are run what brings in customers and pays bills......ROAR rules be damned unless it's a sanctioned event.

They do, however, influence rules at the local level through industry influence on product development. That fact alone gives them more overall power than membership alone would have one believe.

Ultimately, it's those masses of non-member racers/hobbiests who get the final vote on ROAR and their policies with their wallets. If membership goes up, they got it right. If it goes down, or remains unchanged, they got it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairy View Post
Tekin, I personally would like to thank you for your contributions to the Hobby we all love and sometimes hate.
Hairy, with all of the issues you have had with Tekin products......that's a heck of a thing for you to say. My hat is off to you!

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rangerjkb

rangerjkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #142
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

^5 Kevin
Old 01-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #143
Team EAM

Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
134 posts and still no response from The People @ ROAR, makes one wonder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
No offense, but not that they'll care. At least in my experience through the 90s and into the 2000s, ROAR leadership never gave a damn about the unwashed masses who weren't dues-paid-up-card-carrying-members, and often made no bones about it. Part of what has me on the fence now.

ROAR does not run tracks that are not affiliated with it, and many who are run what brings in customers and pays bills......ROAR rules be damned unless it's a sanctioned event.

They do, however, influence rules at the local level through industry influence on product development. That fact alone gives them more overall power than membership alone would have one believe.

Ultimately, it's those masses of non-member racers/hobbiests who get the final vote on ROAR and their policies with their wallets. If membership goes up, they got it right. If it goes down, or remains unchanged, they got it wrong.

Hairy, with all of the issues you have had with Tekin products......that's a heck of a thing for you to say. My hat is off to you!

Actually two ROAR EXCOM members have been posting here....My self (Electric Section Chairman) and Andrew M (Competition Director). We have been quiet but I have read every post on here today and commented on some stuff. We are just two members of the EXCOM though and not the majority and cant speak for the majority other than whats been posted. We each all have our own thoughts and issues toward it as well.

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 01-11-2011 at 06:55 PM.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #144
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Actually Competition**Director has posted and electric commitee chair have both posted today.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #145
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkiy View Post
You can't compare those races unless they were run on the same track with the same layout ...

Regarding the classes ... I can see why ROAR wants to ban boosted ESCs. They take a lot of resources to tech. Even if the ESC has spec class programming, can you be sure it's really at zero timing?

That being said I think there is a place for boosted classes. I think ROAR should run 3 classes. Mod, boosted 17.5 and non boosted 17.5.
It is a difference in laptimes... Not the actual lap time... Then if you want to be more exact figure the percentile difference.... As the tracks are not all the same.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #146
Tech Elite

Quote:
i have and the thread has been void of any comments by them for a couple of days.
Steve Pond posted yesterday.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #147
Team EAM

Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Does anyone else think that because of what happened when Tekin V208 was exposed and outlawed it has lead us all to where we are now? I’m not blaming Tekin it could have been a honest mistake or miscalculation but because of this we are now on a course for taking all this programmability out of the ESC’s? Would this even be an issue had V208 not been banned by ROAR? So whos really to blame? ROAR for not making it clear what they wanted or Tekin for pushing the rules? Either way we are now heading down a road to solve the issue and maybe cause more. Everyone cant have it their way….this isn’t Burger King….some things we just need to accept and adapt to the new rules or take your toys and go play someplace else.
Kevin,

I may take some flak from this but to be honest I put part of the blame on ROAR as well. The software should have been tested before it was ever posted as being legal. If Tekin was told it was legal I am sure they assumed it was tested and passed no further action required. Would you ask any questions if something you submitted was legalized and told its all good? If it would have been tested up front then this whole conversation would have never happened and some people wouldnt have doubts about it.

My opinion as a RACER.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Kevin,

I may take some flak from this but to be honest I put part of the blame on ROAR as well. The software should have been tested before it was ever posted as being legal. If Tekin was told it was legal I am sure they assumed it was tested and passed no further action required. Would you ask any questions if something you submitted was legalized and told its all good? If it would have been tested up front then this whole conversation would have never happened and some people wouldnt have doubts about it.

My opinion as a RACER.

EA
Old 01-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Why is it Snowbirds and the IIC seem to get it right but ROAR as an organized organization doesn't see it? It seems to me that Snowbirds and IIC are 2 of the biggest on-road races of the year and I don't see any complaints about the classes that they offer. They seem to be able to cater to the new guy and the professional. Am I missing something?

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #150
Tech Elite

Quote:
Actually two ROAR EXCOM members have been posting here....My self (Electric Section Chairman) and Andrew M (Competition Director). We have been quiet but I have read every post on here today and commented on some stuff. We are just two members of the EXCOM though and not the majority and cant speak for the majority other than whats been posted. We each all have our own thoughts and issues toward it as well.

EA
o.k. I stand corrected,it is just that I never saw the comments as official statements from R.O.A.R., I guess I was wrong.