R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-06-2004, 04:16 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default New again to electric sedan.

I am thinking about getting back into electric. I currently run nitro sedan but would like to run electric just for more track time mostly. we could all use more of it unless we are barry baker right. my ? is what are the hot stock motors and cars? at my local cars the xxxs is doing well but also the pro 4 is doing pretty well. what are the current speed controlers? Last time i raced electric was when the gm v6 came out. probably circa 98 or so. since i am getting divorced now and i will actually have money for a change i would like to get some decent stuff to be somewhat competitive but dont really care about winning since my main focus is nitro. plus it will give me more bodies to paint to support my business and give me a reason to put in some overtime.
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 04:57 AM   #2
Tech Elite

I think the Monster motors are some of the most popular stock motors at the moment. Personally, I do fine with P2K and Green Machine.

I would stick with a a car with good local support and the Pro4 and XXX-S both sounds like good choises.

LRP Quantum and Novak GT-7 are some of the hottest. Personally, I'm more fan of LRP, that's because I've had good luck with them so far. My v7.1 is trusty.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:34 AM   #3

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like the monster stock myself, I've got a fantom monster stock and while I was using and was happy with a P2K, I noticed a huge jump in speed with the monster stock. I was able to gear it properly I think, for some reason no matter what I did it seemed like the P2K was not really reacting to gearing changes other than it running cooler or hotter than the previous setting.

For a ESC at the moment I'm only using a Futaba generic, but it works.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 04:00 PM   #4
Tech Elite

how is the stock esc in the xxxs rtr? is it worth having? I think this is the car i am probably going to get so that wat i can spend a few dollars on batteries.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:29 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

For stock, the speedo should be fine. Cole Trickle is right about the speedos, those are the hot ones and as far as stocks both cole trickle and desolas on the same page that i'm on. If you want to get the rtr for the mean time then it's fine but I know I would rather just pay now rather than later.........
picco007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:22 AM   #6
Tech Elite

The monsters are very popular. Any of the current line of speedos are fine to suit your needs, and any of the cars for electric sedans are competitive. What nitro car are you running? You might want to stick with the brand that closely matches your nitro.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 09:27 AM   #7
Tech Elite

im running mugen. too bad they dont make electric cause i am sure it would be awesome like the rest of their cars. the main reason i wanted to just get the rtr was so i could spend the extra money i save now to invest in batteries. then i can jsut upgrade the electronics at a later date.