Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Need some advice

I have been racing off-road nitro cars now for about 2-3 years.. currently I am running a HPI savage ss and a GS Storm CLX. I have decided that I would like to try out elictric on road.

I have been doing a lot of research deciding what to get. This is currently what I am looking at getting.

Team Assosiated TC6
Speed Passion GT2.0 LPF ESC with 1/10 Citix Motor 4000KV Combo Set
5000mah 40c lipo battery

These are the questions I have:

1) I still need to get Tires and a body what is recomended for outdoor(not carpet)

2) Is the current setup good, ok , bad? What should I change?

3) Is the motor fast enough for racing?

4) I dont want the car run for 5 min -7 min and then be out of battery. I want it to last at least 15-20 min. Is the battery and motor I have selected going to give me these results?

5) What is the most poopular "Turns" on a motor for racing such as in the ifmar finals?

All suggestions are welcome. Please note that I do not wish to make the car cost way too much but if propperly motivated I am willing to spend a lil extra.

Thanks in advance