Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
replacing old manual speed control >

replacing old manual speed control

replacing old manual speed control

Old 01-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default replacing old manual speed control

Hey guys, about 5+ years ago I purchased a Tamiya TL-01LA Beams Integra kit. I used it for about a year then put it away and haven't touched it for a number of years and I completely forgot about RC cars. Now I decided to pick it up again. I want to upgrade the old manual speed controller that came with the kit. I actually upgraded the motor to a Team Orion brushed 19 or 21 turn (can't remember, it's been too long) without upgrading to an ESC. Other than that, the car is stock. I am a complete beginner looking to get back in the groove so I just want something simple. I have been thinking about the Traxxas XL-5 or the Associated XP SC-200. I am also looking at replacing the wheels and tires since tires are worn out. Any suggestions as to what wheels and tires I should get? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.