R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-05-2004, 07:42 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Q: Eagle/Integy 28a power supply?

I was thinking about getting one of the eagle 28a SHE power supplies. Can I run multiple things off this ps at the same time? I currently have the eagle 14a ps and it works great. I would like to be able to run 2 chargers at once or maybe a charger and a lathe at the same time. Is this possible or not recommended and why? I know the output voltage of the ps is still around 12v regardless of amp output, that's why I'm not sure if doing something like this is recommended. If not I'll just stick with the ps I already have. Any feedback is appreciated!
j240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 07:53 AM   #2
Tech Addict

there shoudlnt be any problem with doing this, i have run 2 chargers from my groupner power supply with no problems
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:29 AM   #3
Tech Master

14 Amps should be enough to run 2 chargers or one charger and a lathe. If you plan to run a third item then you'd need more current.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #4
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

j240z,
I have this power supply and have been using it for about 3 months. It works awesome, I run two chargers both charging at 6 amps at the same time, and a GFX running a motor in, AND my Integy Auto lathe. And this thing handles them all fine. I have even dropped the thing, and it stil works .

-Mike
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:24 PM   #5
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

j

i got a similar set up with Mike.. i got the 28amp power supply. i run my yokomo double charger and my yokomo single charger on it along with my team much more racing CTX-m (motor management thingy)

all three chargers are charging batteries at 6amps..and i can use my lathe with the CTX-m.

all with no problems. just dont drop it too many times you should be good with this power supply.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:07 PM   #6
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I use one of these for just about everything, both in the office and for my personal stuff. Runs my Hudy lathe just fine, I've had as many as three Turbo 35s charging off it. Plus it's relatively small and light. Go get it!
Old 08-05-2004, 03:16 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Awesome guys! Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a green light on the 28A PS! I guess for something like this more power is better!
j240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 04:57 PM   #8
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

lol, usually
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote