R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Need a lipo Battery that fits a jrxs type r!!!!

Anybody out there can help me out...... the lipo i bought for my jrxs type r does not fit in ......Help me!!!!!
OpusExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

I need to know what you guys are using in your cars.......my battery is hitting the bulk head and my lipo battery tray can't screw in....What lipo battery are you guys using????
OpusExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusExpress View Post
I need to know what you guys are using in your cars.......my battery is hitting the bulk head and my lipo battery tray can't screw in....What lipo battery are you guys using????
well you need some effort to get high capacity lipos in. THis is a 23mm pack, 5000mah

cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
BOG
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

i dremmeled down the edges of my thunderpower 40c 5000 it was hard but it works GREAT!!

Huge Thanx to Chris at "Off-the-HwaL" ~ Custom Painted R/C ~ www.OTHGFX.com
BOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:24 AM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOG View Post
i dremmeled down the edges of my thunderpower 40c 5000 it was hard but it works GREAT!!
The Thunderpower packs fit with NO MODS. NEVER dremel or modify your packs as that makes them illegal to use as they are effectively damaged. You can dremel a little of the rear bulkheads just under the layshaft to make bigger packs fit if you need to but there is only so much you can do.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

dont spend good money on great packs then start cutting or grinding them to make them fit in a car. Make the car fit the battery and if not use another battery...

You should have a decent pack longer than a car if you look after the pack right.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:45 AM   #7
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfo80 View Post
You should have a decent pack longer than a car if you look after the pack right.
Not if you want to be fast. Packs work for a long time but they lose performance after so many cycles....
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:34 AM   #8
BOG
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
The Thunderpower packs fit with NO MODS. NEVER dremel or modify your packs as that makes them illegal to use as they are effectively damaged. You can dremel a little of the rear bulkheads just under the layshaft to make bigger packs fit if you need to but there is only so much you can do.

tell that to my car it rubbed on the drive pulleys, i ground down my battery pack as did many of the guys at my local track. we are talking about 2 mm not cutting out the entire corner of the pack!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 06:21 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Well think about it this way. You have 10 packs at $100 each and mine cost more I would rather machine my $500 car and the bits that you would have to machine to fit the battery would probably cost only one battery to replace.

But here you are telling me lets grind down all those batteries for what a $500 car. Come on where is the thought process in that?

If you only had cheap batteries and not wanting to compete in anything but small club meets and stuff well go right ahead but you cant compete in anything serious with a battery that has been ground down to fit a car.
But you can compete if the car has something machined.

Gee some ppl dont think to much do they.

Oh and the car in question isnt a car that costs that much anyways.
But if you just want to bash around with mates and not do anything but that go right ahead I still dont understand as soon as that ground down battery cops a hit explosions will happen.

Atleast I am not on the same track as you cause my car is worth way to much money to catch on fire with something as silly as doing what you guys are doing.
Anyway good luck

Last edited by jjfo80; 01-09-2011 at 06:34 AM.
jjfo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:30 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Well think about it this way. You have 10 packs at $100 each and mine cost more I would rather machine my $500 car and the bits that you would have to machine to fit the battery would probably cost only one battery to replace.

But here you are telling me lets grind down all those batteries for what a $500 car. Come on where is the thought process in that?

If you only had cheap batteries and not wanting to compete in anything but small club meets and stuff well go right ahead but you cant compete in anything serious with a battery that has been ground down to fit a car.

But if you just want to bash around with mates and not do anything but that go right ahead I still dont understand as soon as that ground down battery cops a hit explosions will happen.

Atleast I am not on the same track as you cause my car is worth way to much money to catch on fire with something as silly as doing what you guys are doing.
Anyway good luck
Very true, maybe you may want to re-read the user's post's you quoted, he didn't say to grind the batteries.
[[john]] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

shit I am a arse. My apologies to all involved. I didnt mean to attack anyone just making a statement. Sorry again I just have a habit of using the quoting instead of reply.

Sorry again
Fordy

PS thanks John
Old 01-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #12
BOG
Tech Master

Quote:

Anyway good luck
Who buys 10 batteries for one car.... not even the sponsered guys at my track do that. we are not runnin 500$ cars they at 200 bucks at my LHS... We only race at our local track no major events. something tells me that this guy is also just gonna be racing his local track!!!

Also takin 2mm off the side of the batter case does not mean immanent explosion

Old 01-10-2011, 04:24 AM   #13
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOG View Post
tell that to my car it rubbed on the drive pulleys, i ground down my battery pack as did many of the guys at my local track. we are talking about 2 mm not cutting out the entire corner of the pack!!!

Thats because you don't have the FF layshaft. In that case you do need to mod.the.pulleys. Weather you like it or.not, you should not be.usuing packs with a damaged hard case.