R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOG View Post
Who buys 10 batteries for one car.... not even the sponsered guys at my track do that. we are not runnin 500$ cars they at 200 bucks at my LHS... We only race at our local track no major events. something tells me that this guy is also just gonna be racing his local track!!!

Also takin 2mm off the side of the batter case does not mean immanent explosion
Mate I have more than one car and I have 10 batteries that I use once a time out and never recharge them during the day. Sponsored drivers use brand new stuff all the time unless they are putting stuff thru its paces for testing before the general public can buy them. Your talkin about small time guys that are sponsored. If its a fully sponsored driver he has new stuff all the time and it doesnt matter as if things are stuffed in the bin it goes and he gets replacements....

Rules are in place from governing bodies for a reason and you dont look on youtube for the videos on lipo's huh...... Are you one of these guys that dont think it will happen to you??? Ha ha I feel for all the ppl around you as that is a dumb move thinking your smarter than a battery ready to explode as it doesnt have a brain and a voice to tell you its going to blow up and catch fire now.....

Common sense mate bloody hell. No one is that dumb
Old 01-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Opus, sorry if your first thread lead to a penis comparing contest in here, sometimes it happens, however do not judge rctech by the replies you got in this thread. I apologize for that. To answer your question, I use a Turnigy Hard packs at 4000 mah and 30-40c discharge. They are the ones with the flexible wires coming out of the top of the case, one on each side of the battery. They work great with no cutting or grinding on anything. They last long enough practice for 10 minutes and my esc's lipo cut off never kicked in. I am also running in RCGT and get those run times with a 17.5 non timing.

Hope this helps.
DuckStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckStang View Post
Opus, sorry if your first thread lead to a penis comparing contest in here, sometimes it happens, however do not judge rctech by the replies you got in this thread. I apologize for that. To answer your question, I use a Turnigy Hard packs at 4000 mah and 30-40c discharge. They are the ones with the flexible wires coming out of the top of the case, one on each side of the battery. They work great with no cutting or grinding on anything. They last long enough practice for 10 minutes and my esc's lipo cut off never kicked in. I am also running in RCGT and get those run times with a 17.5 non timing.

Hope this helps.
No it didnt just stating facts...... Trying to help a person is all.....
Old 01-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #19
BOG
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfo80 View Post
No it didnt just stating facts...... Trying to help a person is all.....
You are not just tryin to help someone.... taking off a mm or two to get the battery to fit is fine, no ones gonna get hurt. if it was gonna do major damage they would NOT SELL SOFT PACKS!!! get a grip

JJ get off your soap box and understand not everyone is a fully sponsered driver!!!! its us the common man the average joe that keeps this hobby alive and the sponsered drivers sponsered!!!

Huge Thanx to Chris at "Off-the-HwaL" ~ Custom Painted R/C ~ www.OTHGFX.com
BOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:44 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
You are not just tryin to help someone.... taking off a mm or two to get the battery to fit is fine, no ones gonna get hurt. if it was gonna do major damage they would NOT SELL SOFT PACKS!!! get a grip

JJ get off your soap box and understand not everyone is a fully sponsered driver!!!! its us the common man the average joe that keeps this hobby alive and the sponsered drivers sponsered!!!
They sell soft packs for planes and boats you clown where there is protection from impact.... yeah well I am one of those average joes as you say that keep the hobby alive too.... I had no attack to or against anyone personally but yet you couldnt wait to personally attack me..... You dont even know me or what I am about so you go blow it out your arse. Its dickheads like you that stop anyone with experience trying to help you ppl but you have to carry on like a tool.

I have over 15 years experience in the industry and hobby and been from the top to bottom of it at all levels.
Grow up and wake up to urself and think before you speak.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
I have over 15 years experience in the industry and hobby and been from the top to bottom of it at all levels.
Doesn't sound like it
SchuMi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchuMi2 View Post
Doesn't sound like it

Uh huh and you know.. well done.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #23
BOG
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
They sell soft packs for planes and boats you clown where there is protection from impact.... yeah well I am one of those average joes as you say that keep the hobby alive too.... I had no attack to or against anyone personally but yet you couldnt wait to personally attack me..... You dont even know me or what I am about so you go blow it out your arse. Its dickheads like you that stop anyone with experience trying to help you ppl but you have to carry on like a tool.

Grow up and wake up to urself and think before you speak.
YOU PERONALLY ATTACKED ME "Gee some ppl dont think to much do they."

"Atleast I am not on the same track as you cause my car is worth way to much money to catch on fire with something as silly as doing what you guys are doing.
Anyway good luck"

OR DO U NOT REMEMBER SAYING THAT

When did i personally attack you?? Please quote it from the post where it happened????? if you think anything i said attacked you then you either have no self esteem or just don't know what an personal attack is..... Also you attacked me twice more calling me a Dickhead and calling me a tool. You did get one thing right i do not know you and if i did i would probably kick you arse as you are probably a small guy about 5'5" 160 pound well maybe 5'5" 220 and have little prick syndrome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchuMi2 View Post
Doesn't sound like it

Next you have 15 year experience in the hobby??? why did you sign up for this site 4 months ago?? and to clear this up SHAVING 2MM FROM A HARD PACK WILL BE OK!!! I know hundreds of guys that use soft packs in buggies and truggies SOFT PACKS ARE OK!!

Huge Thanx to Chris at "Off-the-HwaL" ~ Custom Painted R/C ~ www.OTHGFX.com

Last edited by BOG; 01-12-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: adding the original insult from soap box midget
BOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Buggies and truggys good call they are not inline of direct impact and getting hit but most and if not all touring cars can get hit it some if not the whole battery can be hit... So putting a soft pack in them mate it would be just stupid.

Granted I called you a dickhead and a tool so I apologise. now just to lay this size thing to rest I am 6 foot tall and I am 130kilos which I am not sure in pounds lol so kicking arse sounds like fun.

anyway look the reason I never signed up to anything like this before as I never really needed to when I gave up racing years ago I was working 90+ hours a week with indoor sports so didnt have time.. But then left that industry and diagnosed with a brain chemical deficiency and become disabled in a mental capacity so. take it as you will but I have been seriously racing again for over couple of years again and will look to travel in the near future so....

Just dont be to keen to throw out advice from anyone cause you dont know when and where your life can end or just be taken away from you.

If you read where I am from where I live was where the biggest flash flood that has ever happened without warning that is inland and off the coast some 200miles Toowoomba queensland we had what they are calling a inland tsunami that no one will understand unless they saw it with there own eyes so..

I guess I need to apologize as stress levels are high as you would have seen footage of the floods and the lives lost where ever you are in the world. No sympathy just letting you know I do apologize if I stepped on toes.