R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Active Powersports

has anyone ever ordered from them i ordered a car from them before christmas and thus far they have not even shipped my product yet. if anybody has ordered a car from here please let me know so i know if i am out $500 yet, or if they are just taking their time shipping.
BaxterAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Tech Initiate

Bump
Old 01-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have you tried calling them yet? What does it say when you click on 'order status'? What did you order?

Chances are, either you got scammed or what you ordered they didn't have in stock and are waiting to get it in to send out to you or they're a small operation and are simply overwhelmed and haven't gotten to your order yet.

Just because they have a fancy splash page and a large selection does NOT mean that they have a brick and mortar warehouse where it's all located. More and more internet businesses are popping up where most of the stock is drop shipped from the distributors, and the internet store simply acts as a selling agent. That's what accounts for SO MANY of the online places haveing darn near the same selection and similar pricing. Ever notice that there are only 6 or 7 different templates for internet hobby stores? That's why. Besides, that whole "Shipping from 12 warehouses" is a dead give away that they're an internet store front only. The entire staff is likely one or two folks that simply monitor traffic and money flow.

Either way, I'd call and see what's up. If you don't get an answer, I'd cancel the order, alert the bank to deny the charge, and order elsewhere. $500 is a lot of money to have in the wind, and nearly 3 weeks with no contact is TOO long for me.

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

i have tried emailing them and the messaging they offer on the website but they do not have a phone number on the website or the place where they are shipping my car from so far they have yet to reply to any of the messages i have sent them.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaxterAuburn View Post
i have tried emailing them and the messaging they offer on the website but they do not have a phone number on the website or the place where they are shipping my car from so far they have yet to reply to any of the messages i have sent them.
Likely that's all you'll get.......nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
I'd cancel the order, alert the bank to deny the charge, and order elsewhere. $500 is a lot of money to have in the wind, and nearly 3 weeks with no contact is TOO long for me.

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Did you ever get your stuff?

I want to place an order because they have really good prices, but I'm concerned that it may not be legit.
nougat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm curious as well to know if you received your order. I ordered from them before reading this post.... it's only been a few days but my order status just says "waiting for shipment" and no response to email or through the sites message service. No phone number on the site either.
27Ducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27Ducati View Post
I'm curious as well to know if you received your order. I ordered from them before reading this post.... it's only been a few days but my order status just says "waiting for shipment" and no response to email or through the sites message service. No phone number on the site either.
I received an email today from Active Powersports. My items shipped three business days after I placed the order. I have a UPS tracking number for the item. I ordered some Reedy LIPO packs from them and I believe they were out of stock at the manufacturer. Like one of the earlier posts said, it appears that they order product from the distributor after you place an order with them. Communication was a little slow but the price of the items was the best I've seen by far.

Thanks.
27Ducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27Ducati View Post
I received an email today from Active Powersports. My items shipped three business days after I placed the order. I have a UPS tracking number for the item. I ordered some Reedy LIPO packs from them and I believe they were out of stock at the manufacturer. Like one of the earlier posts said, it appears that they order product from the distributor after you place an order with them. Communication was a little slow but the price of the items was the best I've seen by far.

Thanks.
Did you ever get your order?
nougat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here is their address Escondido Powersports
632 Aero Way
Escondido, CA 92029

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
Tech Regular

I guess I should have looked up their name before I ordered from them...

The cheap prices seemed too good to be true..and now it appears that they ARE too good to be true.

Do we know if this guy ever got his parts???? I am now in the same 'boat' so to speak.

I ordered a set of the velvet shocks for my Ultima SC on the 21st. It's now the 28th and the order status is "Awaiting Shipment"

They have no 'phone' to call to get things resolved. Below is their reasoning for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Powersports
In order to keep our prices lower than the competition we do not offer phone assistance. All emails are answered within 24 hours on weekdays. To have staff employed to answer the phones would raise our prices....and nobody want that.
Notice the retarded grammar "Nobody want that"

Also here is another self description...

Quote:
Escondido Powersports was formed in 2001 in Escondido, California. Escondido Powersports ships from locations all over the United States to ensure quick and timely delivery. Most order take between 3-4 days shipping time. All international orders outside of North America will be shipped out of the Escondido, Ca location.
More retarded grammar, "Most order take"

When I emailed them inquiring as to why the 'awaiting shipment' status for so long here is the reply I got...

Quote:
It is marked awaiting shipment until we get your parts consolidated from our different warehouses. We are expecting your items to arrive soon. Thank you for your patience.
At least I got an email back from them. I would think if it was a sham that they would 'take the money and run'. I'll keep this topic updated as to whether or not I get my stuff...
Kyosho Ultima RB5 SP2/Novak Kinetic, Thunder Power 13.5/JR z9100s
Kyosho 1987 Ultima Buggy-frankenstien. <-- Thinking about getting it going again.
Buzz65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #12
Tech Regular

Latest update: I emailed them asking for a 'rough' idea on when it might actually ship. Their response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Powersports
It will ship by early next week, I am actually hoping for today, but I can't guarantee it. The springs are in and we are waiting on the velvet coating,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
It's now nearing the end of the day on Monday. No shipping notice as of yet. I wonder exactly what they consider "Early next week" to mean? Thursday?
Kyosho 1987 Ultima Buggy-frankenstien. <-- Thinking about getting it going again.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

So, what's the deal.

Did any of you receive your stuff???

Just placed order yesterday.
addicted427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:57 AM   #14
Tech Regular

My stuff shipped, a little over two weeks AFTER I ordered it. I had emailed them etc... I DID finally receive everything i ordered...it just took WAY longer than any other online vendor that I've ordered from.

So, if you're not in a hurry to get your stuff...they DO have great prices.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #15
Tech Rookie

I have bought from them probably 3 or 4 times now and had no problems yet. Once they had a couple of my parts on backorder but let me know right away. I have been happy with them so far. Cant beat their prices.
superslick is offline   Reply With Quote