R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ordered some more stuff from them. They notified me that they did not have all of the stuff I ordered and offered to ship them separately.
Kyosho Ultima RB5 SP2/Novak Kinetic, Thunder Power 13.5/JR z9100s
Kyosho 1987 Ultima Buggy-frankenstien. <-- Thinking about getting it going again.
Buzz65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Default Buyer Beware

Best Internet Price with shipping, however less than impressed with execution of order fulfillment. Week after I placed my order I shot them an email about the status. It was only after my inquiry that they began working on shipping the order.
I finally received the box yesterday. No shipping invoice was included and it missing 35% of the order (no explanation). I contacted them by email (since they will not list their phone number). They informed me the items were on back order and asked if I still wanted them.
All seems quite shady. I will be lucky if and when I finally receive the rest of my stuff. For these reason I would not buy from them again or recommend others to do the so.
RC Bombshells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A buddy of mine spends plenty of money with them and didnt have much to complain about except for the occoasional backorder. Worth the try considering the savings ..I'll keep everyone posted.
DarkSides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 143 (100%+)
Default Time is Money

Saved a buck or two and gave this company a shot in the dark. Best internet price, never received an invoice, however they did respond promptly to my emails. My order came is (3) shipments spread over a 7 week span. Listed on their site as if in stock. Had I known, like you now know I wouldn't buy from them again. No contact info on their site.

FYI

Best of luck.
RC Bombshells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #20
Tech Rookie

Exclamation My experience from power sports to date not resolved

Okay I see I may not be the only one to the exception of what has happened so far.

I placed an order for a 3G flybarless system for a trex 450 plus other items. Just as everyone else has mentioned the items when checked online never showed shipped. I contacted them and they responded that the items I ordered had been combined and shipped out on the 16th of Sept (actual order date Aug 20th..
Finally the items showed up today 11 Oct.

It gets worse.

First the package when I opened it had two boxes inside the 450 flybarless kit and the 3g link plus other items. I noticed right off that the 450 flybar kit was missing the sleeve (pictures). and the tamper proof tape was cut and in place it had scotch tape over it and the bottom of the box.

I then took it home and proceeded to read the instructions and looked over the contents.
The flybar head was missing the feather shaft and bearings , the linkage rods missing, and the control unit and sensor had evidence they had been removed from a another helicopter as there was leftover adhesive still stuck too the bottom.

I sent out an email with photo today.
Afterwards I discovered this.

I had asked for a tracking number. They responded that they did not get a tracking number because the USPS doesnt give them out to APO addresses which is a lie.
I looked at the box and it had a tracking number but it shows the item didn't ship till the 5th of OCT!!!
Now get this the customs form had a tracking number as well and showed it shipped from UTAH on the 16th but the signature was signed on the sept 21st ??????

LC159986572US
Label number LC159986572US on custom form
Processed through Sort Facility
September 19, 2011, 8:19 pm
PROVO, UT 84605
International Letter
Acceptance
September 19, 2011, 3:20 pm
PROVO, UT 84604

Results 2 9405503699300241685904 click and ship label
Label number 9405503699300241685904 open-close link Hide Details
Priority MailŪ
Processed through Sort Facility
October 06, 2011, 2:45 am
LOS ANGELES, CA 90009
Delivery Confirmation

Electronic Shipping Info Received
October 05, 2011
Acceptance
October 05, 2011, 12:17 pm
ESCONDIDO, CA 92029
Attached Thumbnails
Active Powersports-100_2214.jpg   Active Powersports-100_2211.jpg   Active Powersports-100_2206.jpg   Active Powersports-used-3g.jpg  
user6244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #21
Tech Rookie

Cool Quick Reply, Promptly refunded

Contacted by Active Power Sports today. Very quick response I might add.

They stated they where sorry and also baffled as why the item had been opened as the supplier drop shipped item from Utah.

They promptly posted a refund in full for the item.

Under the circumstances I am glad they posted a full refund but would have been just as happy if they could have called the warehouse in Utah asked them too ship another via express mail direct ship.......

They mentioned they would look into why this happened though I am pretty sure that either someone from inside switched the item or a returned unit was not looked at closely enough prior to being placed back in stock...
user6244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

I was thinking about buying a bunch of parts from them. Anyone else try to buy from them more recently?
GenX69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #23
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenX69 View Post
I was thinking about buying a bunch of parts from them. Anyone else try to buy from them more recently?
I've ordered parts from them a few times the last 2 months.

The communication is slow, parts price is good, shipping price is pretty high.

All in all I got what I ordered, just took time.

If anything is BO, they hold the complete order. Unfortunatley, I wasn't told, so I had numerous e-mails to them finding out what is taking so long. I think 2 out of 12 e-mails actually were responded to.

In a recap...

If you are not in a hurry order from them, if you need something ASAP, go elsewhere.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Placing an order from them today for Shocks , parts etc..I'll keep everyone posted...$25.00 for shipping in the US??
DarkSides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

If you're thinking of buying from activepowersports, don't! They only order the items you purchase from distributors after you order and if their distributor doesn't have stock you either wait and wait and wait or Active Powersports will only partially fill your order, which is what happened to me... the BIG problem was that they refunded less than what I paid for the items that were not shipped and would not respond to emails asking for the additional refund. Shady.

Stay away from these guys.
nougat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have ordered through active powersports twice so far. I was happy with them both times. they are close to me so I can pick up my order. never had to use there shipping.
I would order from them again if needed.
shmit 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been looking at Active Power Sports and reading this thread.....and the savings is not nearly enough......and there are sooo many better sources to justify any of this baloney.
Nitro Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I would not recommend buying from them. Placed a order and after almost 2 weeks still not shipped. Sent plenty of emails and messages through their site and never a reply. FYI they have a number just look on your paypal. Used it to cancel my order and went with a more credible rc dealer. Placed order and was shipped same day!

Last edited by ballnM3; 04-14-2013 at 12:09 PM.
ballnM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #29
Tech Rookie

Default Same deal

I placed a order that said it was in stock about a a week ago and still nothing, no response to the email, well after reading all these posts I'm will be reporting them to PayPal canceling my order, reporting them to eBay, and better business bureau I would advise anyone else having these issues to do the same o these people can't advertise PayPal links or use sites like eBay they only have to be reported a handful of times before they get pulled permentally off off merchant sales of scamming people

FYI- any site ever that doesn't not have a contact number will always give you problems
Realignorent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #30
Tech Rookie

And I did a little digging into there company and believe this would be thre contact number undera. Different company name

Escondido Powersports
Website · Directions

632 Aero Way, Escondido, CA
(760) 746-0600
Realignorent is offline   Reply With Quote