R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 07:10 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Boy, here we go again............

Ajg and that micro of his is gonna get another thread locked.
The guys here want to try to build his car, but don't want to pony up the money for the parts. I am certainly not now: just bought two Helicopters! A gas and electric..............

He had vids up before, but it didn't look like it was going 70 mph....not even his claimed 68mph. But I got to admit, after he bumped his amps up on his speedo, it looked liked it was knocking on 50s door. However I don't know if the foams would even hold up past that. I know capped tires didn't on 1/10th cars @ 80+ mph.

But lets continue on the ISRs.....I want to know when they are going to do it again, and if HPI will bring back that badass chassis they had in R/C Car Action a while back.

Leave it up to Ajg to produce the video, if he can.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-09-2004, 08:04 AM   #77
ajg

The reason hpi isn't making a 540 micro, is becaue they obviosly don't care about it, there is 20+ more people with micros like mine that I know of, so it's not a new thing.

Also, I can upload videos anythime I want, but I'm not going to upload an old video, when I'm going to have a new one in a few days, maybe even today, if I get my stuff.

Oh, and I asked to have the "68mph micro" thread locked.

Last edited by ajg; 08-09-2004 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:35 AM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

you just said 3 posts ago u couldnt uplad the vid.. see now we can see you fibbing a bit...

50 mph i could see but not 70 or 80..

that woven tunnel chassis hpi had for the speed runs was so bas add....

and aj.. i didnt mean hpi make a micro...

what i mean is all these claimed speed.. a company with that king od money backing technology ect ect.. should have a car alot faster then some guys making claims on some websites.. it didnt mean uin particular...
Old 08-09-2004, 12:37 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
Oh, and I asked to have the "68mph micro" thread locked.
Oh no you didn't........ Like he said, the thread was going nowhere, like this one will if this keeps up. You couldn't come up with a proven mph run. I can invite him in on the subject, if you like.

Old 08-09-2004, 12:44 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs
you just said 3 posts ago u couldnt uplad the vid.. see now we can see you fibbing a bit...

50 mph i could see but not 70 or 80..

that woven tunnel chassis hpi had for the speed runs was so bas add....

and aj.. i didnt mean hpi make a micro...

what i mean is all these claimed speed.. a company with that king od money backing technology ect ect.. should have a car alot faster then some guys making claims on some websites.. it didnt mean uin particular...

No, you almost got it right.....I thought you would say that a company like HPI, Associated, or even the XRAY would have made it to RC Car Actions insane speed run reviews with their modified micros. In fact, If you built a micro that ran 68/ 70 mph, it would be in the Homebuilt Projects, or something. Like the Turbine RC Dragster that was shown a while back..........or was it rocket powered?

I seen a Super Nitro RS4 do 100mph, then it took to the air........

Old 08-09-2004, 12:48 PM   #81
ajg

Yes, please invite futureal on here, so he can prove you wrong. And why would my micro be in some kind of homebuilt thing, What are you even talking about?
Old 08-09-2004, 12:51 PM   #82
ajg

Here's the pm I sent him.

...Also, sould you delete the "68 mph micro" thread, so people can stop complaining (pballkid21587) and stop acting dumb, just because they don't believe me...

Thanks, Andrew

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Garage:

Custom 540 micro:
Body: protoform alfa romeo 2.0
electronics: Gm V12 esc, Epic binary 2 10 turn motor, cp-1300 cells, futaba radio, hitec hs-81mg servo, and a venom speed meter.
Upgrades: Aluminum parts: front and rear body posts, front diff, front knuckles, front drive shafts, front shocks, rear vcs shock, front bulkhead. Others: rear ball diff, penguin 3500lm chassis, aktionrc motor plate, large front bumper, etc.
Top speed: 70+ mph

Custom 1/18 monster truck (for sale):
Body: pro-line gmc
Electronics: GM V12 esc, Epic binary 2 10 turn motor, futaba s3004 servo, futaba radio, and cp-1300 cells.
Custom parts: 3mm thick carbon fiber: chassis, motor mount, upper deck, and lower brace. Others: blue aluminum screws, steel outdrives, titanium turnbuckles, etc.
Top speed: 40+ mph
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT

E-maxx:
Body: stock
Electronics: stock
Upgrades: full skid plates, and heat sinks
Top speed: 23 mph (stock)

< Last Message Next Message >

< Contact Us - R/C Tech Webmail - Advertisers - R/C Tech Home >
Old 08-09-2004, 12:54 PM   #83
ajg

My pm was sent: 07-13-2004 08:56 PM Thread was closed: 07-13-2004 at 08:58 PM
Old 08-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #84
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
And why would my micro be in some kind of homebuilt thing, What are you even talking about?
One: you need to READ closely.....I said "Homebuilt Projects or something."

First off, RC Car Action not only shows Homebuilt projects, but has articles of highly modded cars and truckes, like the aforementioned 100 mph Nitro RS4. Not necessarily Homebuilt, is it?
If you built a micro that does 80mph, don't you think any RC magazine would want to do an article about it? Heck I would. Even send my car in for the review and recognition. Obviously yours isn't as fast as you claim.

Hey that is it! sent your car to either RC magazine and prove to us all that you car is indeed fast as you claim.....they do have a radar gun, or access to one. Good video cameras and they know how to use them, so on and so forth. That'll be a good way to shut us all up.

Old 08-09-2004, 01:58 PM   #85
ajg

I'll e-mail them, but I'm not the first to have a 540 micro, there's probably 50 to 100 of them sold before I got mine.

I'm waiting on my mail man to bring my new stuff, it's going by so slow.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
I'll e-mail them, but I'm not the first to have a 540 micro, there's probably 50 to 100 of them sold before I got mine.
But you said that yours go 80+, something no one said so far on this Fourm. So us guys (I can say "us guys", right?)want you to put up, or shut up.

Oh and remove that claimed 70 mph you have on your sig.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:07 PM   #87
ajg

I'll replace it after I top it, when I get more cells for my battery pack.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:40 PM   #88
ajg

I didn't get my new cells today, I don't even know if they shipped them.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:56 PM   #89
Tech Addict

Has anyone done the math on this micro? If I remember right on the SuperNItro they had to have a special drivetrain built that would allow it to get to 100mph. So i am guessing that you have a 80,000 rpm motor to over come the small diameter tires?
Old 08-09-2004, 06:19 PM   #90
Tech Master

Call me stupid but I think getting a micro to 70 mph is possible

I don't know enough to make a call on whether its controllable or if the tires will fall apart or what

Look at that pinion compared to the spur. I know a Binary2 can turn that kind of pinion (10 turn....Quadmag) The final drive hes running is probably close to like 2.5:1

I got a few questions about your Micro

1) What front drive are you using? (ball diff, gear diff, one-way or spool)

2) What amperage do you charge your cells at?

BTW: If you ever have the desire to make an all out speed run (Micro World Record or something) Try going to Green or Red brush springs with maybe a 7x3 wind and some matched cells....that'd be TOASTY!

Check out yourmicro.com or one18th.com....lots of 540 micros there
Closed Thread