R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 10:56 PM   #856
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by Rory
ajg: saying sub-c in smaller size is NOT the same as saying 4/5 sub-c. i have never heard of 4/5 sub-c either but am prepared to believe it exists... however next time you might want to use the correct terminology. and yes you were wrong... i said your cp-1300's would put out probably just over 1.1v which i stand by, you said you knew they put out + 1.2v which is completely different to 1.1v. and i can guarantee your cp-1300's don't put out anything like 1.2v average, as both super steve and i have said. you said "steve shouldn't say anything about cp-1300's without proof, at least you had proof..." where the hell is this proof of 1.2v cp-1300's???? you haven't shown us a graph of their output voltage as measured by a t35 or similar yet, so until you have proof, maybe you shouldn't claim 1.2v output. And by the way, if they put out 1.2v at the very start of discharge that is meaningless, we are talking about AVERAGE voltage

however, the difference between the true 1.1v number and your invented 1.2v number wouldn't be nearly enough to get you from your current top speed (which we will say is 60mph, and that's being generous) up to the 80mph you claim, so all of what i said is pretty irrelevant anyway.
Someone else posted the chart, and I said 2.2 +/- volts, because I didn't remember what you or whoever it was said. Go back a few pages and find the chart, there's my proof!

Nova: What was wrong with my video? Also, were was my math off? Also, it more proof than he had in his statment.

Gundam: I found a flat place about half a mile long, that is very smooth for my speed runs. I also have a 500-600 foot area planned out for the runs.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:03 PM   #857
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
I really don't want to read 29 pages so could some one give me the cliff notes
It started out talking about the fastest rc/world record holder. Then I told people about my car, and well, it turned crazy.

We've been talking about my car and how I don't have proof (desent proof, with a radar gun), and how it isn't possible to go 80+ mph with a micro. I had also posted a 82mph run on another site, so I'm trying to get proof of it hitting 80+, but I've been having lots of problems with my car lately, so I haven't got a good run yet (60mph was my best run since I started making videos). Also, there has been alot of posts calling me names and saying I'm stupid and stuff. But it doesn't bother me. I'm just taking my time in getting proof.

I think that's how the thread went, tell me if I missed some parts.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:03 AM   #858
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
I really don't want to read 29 pages so could some one give me the cliff notes
hehehhe-hahahhah
Old 08-22-2004, 05:08 AM   #859
Tech Adept

Later today I am going to post a video - It won't be fast because of where I will be. But I was asked to post it anyway earlier in this post. I got my camera out and will put it on a tripod because I don't have a camera person. So please bare with me.

Will post a link to it when I it is up on the site. Be later this afternoon/evening.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:24 AM   #860
Tech Adept

Quote:
Whoa buddy, all I meant was that here in the US we are more used to mph, I didn't now you used it over there too, and I didn't try to offend you guys. Sorry about that.
IN THE US WE ARE MORE USED TO MPH???

That's the biggest load of BS since you said with 12 cells your micro would do 120mph

How is the US more used to MPH? Is like 30mph in the US only 29mph over in the England because we aren't used to it?

I think that proves how intelligent you are. 70mph micro, whatever... try 20mph. Your motor has probably burnt up by now. Get it skimmed and brushed... oh know, it doesn't need it because it's a super motor which never needs skimming and pulls 64,000rpm...

Get real man.

Liam
AJG 1/18th Fantasy Racing Team
Old 08-22-2004, 07:06 AM   #861
Tech Addict

I AM A TEAM MEMBER! check the sig.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:08 AM   #862
Tech Addict

i just have to say: ajg,you are a good sport
Old 08-22-2004, 07:13 AM   #863
Tech Adept

Funny -

I went out to do a video of me running my TC3. I can't show pics under the hood because everything is custom for my speed runs and don't want to give away my secret setup.

Anyhoo - I have a 1.17:1 gear ratio. The AXI brushless motor I am using spun the spur gear loose from the drive shaft. So I am now using loc-tite to glue the spur gear into place, hoping that helps.

I know that is an EXTREMELY high gear ratio and no it does not take off slow like you may think. This thing takes off like a bullet. Once the sometimes takes a long time for glue to dry. So not sure how long before I have the video done. Wish me luck.

And before anyone says the ESC will burn up or the motor won't last. Personally I am not worried about that. My job is to put the MTroniks ESC and motors through a serious punishment. So I try really hard to put as much stress on them as i can to see if they burn up.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:24 AM   #864
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Super Steve

AJG...

GP3300s have hard time making it to 1.2 average voltage under 30amp discharge. If it did, only facory drivers would receive them!

GP3300's average volts under 30 amp is usually around 1.16~1.18v

ok sanyo 2400s can produce around 1.12~ 1.115ish average voltage.

There is no way 4/5 Sub C cells can produce that much average volts at the 30amp current level.

Heck, if it can make 1.2 avereage volts under 30 amp discharge, i am sure these smaller cells would be alot more popular.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:26 AM   #865
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
Gundam: I found a flat place about half a mile long, that is very smooth for my speed runs. I also have a 500-600 foot area planned out for the runs.
You better give that radio a check up or buy a new one before you screw the car! Remember the radio you have had about 150ft. of range right? In order to regain its range is to replace the antenna, crystals, and batteries. And that will probally give you another 50 to 100 ft.

Test out your range by having someone hold your car at around 250- 300 ft. while you turn the steering wheel to see if your car responds without glitching.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-22-2004, 08:28 AM   #866
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Steve
AJG...

GP3300s have hard time making it to 1.2 average voltage under 30amp discharge. If it did, only facory drivers would receive them!

GP3300's average volts under 30 amp is usually around 1.16~1.18v

ok sanyo 2400s can produce around 1.12~ 1.115ish average voltage.

There is no way 4/5 Sub C cells can produce that much average volts at the 30amp current level.

Heck, if it can make 1.2 avereage volts under 30 amp discharge, i am sure these smaller cells would be alot more popular.
Smaller, lighter, powerful? Heck the R/C racing world will never bee the same.........

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-22-2004, 08:36 AM   #867
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by Liam_Davies
IN THE US WE ARE MORE USED TO MPH???

That's the biggest load of BS since you said with 12 cells your micro would do 120mph

How is the US more used to MPH? Is like 30mph in the US only 29mph over in the England because we aren't used to it?

I think that proves how intelligent you are. 70mph micro, whatever... try 20mph. Your motor has probably burnt up by now. Get it skimmed and brushed... oh know, it doesn't need it because it's a super motor which never needs skimming and pulls 64,000rpm...

Get real man.

Liam
AJG 1/18th Fantasy Racing Team
I didn't know you used mph in England, and yes, we are more used to mph here in America, I didn't say more used to it then you guys. So just stop acting like a retard, and go cry to someone else, becuase that's all your doing.

Also, I do cut the comm and stuff.

Gundam: why do you say all radios have 300 feet of range, but you keep saying mine doesn't. I gave it your "tune up", but you still think it has 150 feet of range, which is it?
Old 08-22-2004, 08:37 AM   #868
ajg

Edit: double post.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:38 AM   #869
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
I didn't know you used mph in England,
FYI - I am in the UK/England - My car displays mph and not kph.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:40 AM   #870
Tech Adept

Correction - i just went out and checked and it has kph in smaller letters.
Closed Thread