R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 09:01 PM   #826
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by Euge
btw.....I am starting an AJG Fan club.......
Anyone want to join?

ajg, I hope you don't mind I modified my sig. I'm your #1 fan!!
I'm in.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:04 PM   #827
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

(clap clap) that's all I wanted to hear.

I'm glad you were joking this whole time.....
Old 08-20-2004, 09:07 PM   #828
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by Euge
(clap clap) that's all I wanted to hear.

I'm glad you were joking this whole time.....
I'm still trying to get a hold of a radar gun for testing though.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:34 PM   #829
Tech Adept

i know of a M18 that has been clocked with a radar gun at 79 kph (around 50mph). that was with 11.6v of li-po power and a mamba brushless (micro sized) on a bit of a downhill. It managed to reach that figure in a very short space & time (probably less than 30m and 2 seconds, hopefully that was long enough to get an accurate reading on the gun). however it was coming very close to liftoff with i think a stratus. the car was mostly stock as far as i know, and not really geared to full potential. braking wasn't a big problem, the guy managed to stop the car in probably 5-10 metres from top speed

so having said all that, with a few li-po cells, a 540 sized brushless, a decent area to drive in, and a well-chosen shell it MIGHT be possible to see something like 80mph, although even then i'd be pretty sure aero, drag, and various other laws of physics would stop that.

Anyways aside from all that it's obvious ajg has no friggin clue what hes talking about and has no chance of getting anywhere near those figures, so all that was just pointless speculation (unless someone else who does know what they're doing feels like going for some insane speed )

oh yeah, AJG, that 1.6305v (or whatever it was) post was possible your dumbest yet. that number is what those of us with a mite of intelligence call PEAK VOLTAGE. it has nothing to do with the cells' output. your cp1300's probably put out about 1.11-1.12v (thats what we call AVERAGE OUTPUT VOLTAGE) with a resistance of say 23, as opposed to decent GP33's at 1.17-1.18v and resistance 13. the peak voltage of the GP's would probably be about 1.5v, which is pretty much an ideal figure. a higher peak voltage usually means higher IR which translates to less top speed and punch. and one last thing, to my knowledge there is no such cell size as mini sub-c. there is sub-c, and the next one down is i believe 2/3A. either way if you really want speed, get yourself li-po's an a brushless system that can handle some real volts!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bunny pancake 2.jpg (29.0 KB, 419 views)
Old 08-20-2004, 10:13 PM   #830
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

i looked at that bunny pic 5 mi ago.. im still laughing..
Old 08-20-2004, 10:25 PM   #831
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rdub202

ill second that one its not the picture its just random "ur wrong, heres a bunny"
_|MRC/Team Academy_|_www.modelrec.com|_
Old 08-20-2004, 10:30 PM   #832
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

with a pancake on its head
Old 08-20-2004, 10:47 PM   #833
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Rory - Nice one. Funniest thing on this thread so far.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:52 PM   #834
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Super Steve

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
When I charge my cells, their volt per cells is 1.6035 volts. What are 3300 sub-c's?

Old 08-20-2004, 11:01 PM   #835
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by Rory
Anyways aside from all that it's obvious ajg has no friggin clue what hes talking about and has no chance of getting anywhere near those figures, so all that was just pointless speculation (unless someone else who does know what they're doing feels like going for some insane speed )

oh yeah, AJG, that 1.6305v (or whatever it was) post was possible your dumbest yet. that number is what those of us with a mite of intelligence call PEAK VOLTAGE. it has nothing to do with the cells' output. your cp1300's probably put out about 1.11-1.12v (thats what we call AVERAGE OUTPUT VOLTAGE) with a resistance of say 23, as opposed to decent GP33's at 1.17-1.18v and resistance 13. the peak voltage of the GP's would probably be about 1.5v, which is pretty much an ideal figure. a higher peak voltage usually means higher IR which translates to less top speed and punch. and one last thing, to my knowledge there is no such cell size as mini sub-c. there is sub-c, and the next one down is i believe 2/3A. either way if you really want speed, get yourself li-po's an a brushless system that can handle some real volts!!
Really? I already knew that cp-1300cs cells put out 1.2+/- volts average, I've seen the charts. Your not proving anything to me that I don't already know.

Also, I will be the only one getting to 80mph for a while.

Well you probably haven't seen a cp-1300/cp-1700 sub-c cell then, because there are a sub-c cell.

Oh, don't cry super steve. j/k. Also, the bunny was pretty funny.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:26 AM   #836
Tech Adept

*leaps well and truly aboard the bandwagon*

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
They can handle all the amps sub-c cells can. They have less mah becuase they are small. So you can use them in different applicatiions. They are sub-c cell in smaller form. The full name of the cells is cp-1300sc, the sc standing for sub-c.

I'll send you an e-mail also.

You said they are sub-c in smaller form... SUB-C IS A DENOMINATION OF SIZE - THEREFORE YOU CANNOT HAVE SUB-C IN SMALLER SIZE

wrecked the shiznit
Old 08-21-2004, 02:45 AM   #837
Tech Adept

INTERNET POLICE - SLOW DOWN - THIS THREAD is moving WAY to FAST!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH wake up this morning and like 4 or 5 more pages! This thread really moves!
Old 08-21-2004, 02:53 AM   #838
Tech Adept

I love the fan club part - I will join.

What's the requirements for membership? j/k
Old 08-21-2004, 09:48 AM   #839
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Cardboard

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
Really? I already knew that cp-1300cs cells put out 1.2+/- volts average, I've seen the charts. Your not proving anything to me that I don't already know.

At least admit your wrong or didn't know something you egoistical twit!
Old 08-21-2004, 10:16 AM   #840
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by Rory
i know of a M18 that has been clocked with a radar gun at 79 kph (around 50mph). that was with 11.6v of li-po power and a mamba brushless (micro sized) on a bit of a downhill. It managed to reach that figure in a very short space & time (probably less than 30m and 2 seconds, hopefully that was long enough to get an accurate reading on the gun). however it was coming very close to liftoff with i think a stratus. the car was mostly stock as far as i know, and not really geared to full potential. braking wasn't a big problem, the guy managed to stop the car in probably 5-10 metres from top speed

so having said all that, with a few li-po cells, a 540 sized brushless, a decent area to drive in, and a well-chosen shell it MIGHT be possible to see something like 80mph, although even then i'd be pretty sure aero, drag, and various other laws of physics would stop that.

You said that you reached 50mph in 30 meters. can you convert meters into feet for the mathematically impaired? (cause I'm one of them, but I can convert khp to mph ) You think he can reach 80 mph in under 300ft.? Since his car won't see 300ft. until he gets a better radio.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Closed Thread