R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 11:54 PM   #691
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero
Default I KNOW WHERE HIS TC3 WENT!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this!!!!!!

Take a REAL close look.........at the DIFFS AND SPUR SETUP especially!!!!!

AJG if I was you, I kill your sig. You are going to be picked apart!

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-20-2004, 12:21 AM   #692
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

HA HA HA... this is what he posted on the sale

This is probably the nicest custom 1/18 scale monster truck ever. Feel free to ask me any questions..

ha ha ha ,, number one.. it isnt 1/18th scale.... u use 10th scale parts just cause u changed the wheel base doesnt make it 18th scale.. if it did you micro would use 10th scale sedan parts...

what u have is a hacked up dremeled to heck shortend tc3 with truck tires and bodies..

i tel u what.. after seeing that, i know we are dealing with a rocket scientist....

I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I EVER SAID... i was wrong.. u are the professor of everything.. my eyes have been opened and i now see the light.. HA HA HA HA
Old 08-20-2004, 12:23 AM   #693
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

PS did u see the angle of the steering rods. it must have 12 degrees of bump steer.. u hit a bump, and it turns into itself
Old 08-20-2004, 12:28 AM   #694
Tech Master

Default Re: I KNOW WHERE HIS TC3 WENT!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by GundamWZero

I saw that a while back...I actually think its kinda cool (if its 4wd)

Otherwise...meh

I like the idea though
Old 08-20-2004, 01:34 AM   #695
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

I would have put in battery slots into the chassis, and milled out slots to lightened the radio tray. You know give it a custom, professional feel..............do you smell what I'm cookin'?

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."

Last edited by GundamWZero; 08-20-2004 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:52 AM   #696
Tech Adept

Ajg, I posted a link to your previous thread. In that thread you claimed you could go over pebbles twice the size of the ride height... don't believe me? Look again. Oh no, that would be wasting your time.

How does a car with 2.5mm ride height drive OVER pebbles twice that size? Please enlighten me AJG as I don't know how it does it? Got it bouncin' on hydraulics now?

Actually the hydraulics is coming soon, as well a 50 shot of laughing gas... hey you could take it on a real dyno and see what BHP it's kicking out...
Old 08-20-2004, 02:59 AM   #697
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to DaNieL_KuO

ajg, ur new video u posted, ican barely see ur car all the way in the back...
Old 08-20-2004, 07:02 AM   #698
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs
this guy has an answer for everything we call him on... thats why u know he is lying... he is always right.. and everytime we come up with a FACT that he isnt doing, he says oh i do that.. with your power to weight ratio, u will have tire spin on every run...

every time u hit a bump and the rear end jumps it free spins.. that also will change the speed... but u prolly can see the rear lift when it is going suposedly 60mph and u stop and run it over right???? i guess we can just answer our own questions... from now on. cause we know your answers..
You have an answer for everthing too. so we know your lying. Also, I have my car geared so I won't get tire spin when I start out. Too bad there aren't any bumps for me to hit.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:07 AM   #699
ajg

Default Re: I KNOW WHERE HIS TC3 WENT!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by GundamWZero

Yeah, that's called a 1/18 scale truck. You can't make a monster truck with micro parts, it would just be a lifted micro, you need better suspension, and drivetrain(it's 4wd black kat). Also, the truck turns fine.

Liam_davis: How would I know how it went over it, I saw the rock there after I stop, KNow I wasn't going 60 mph when I hit it. I had just brought my car along with me and drove it on some street for a while.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:51 AM   #700
Tech Adept

Quote:
You have an answer for everthing too. so we know your lying. Also, I have my car geared so I won't get tire spin when I start out. Too bad there aren't any bumps for me to hit.
No... he manages to back his answers up with evidence. You just say "No, you're wrong." Didn't your English teachers ever tell you that you have to back up your claims with facts?

When people do all those mathematical equations to work out ratios you just say "No that's the wrong one." So if you're so good at maths, what's the right one?

I think in the previous thread, someone (Birdman?) used an equation to work out you were doing 45mph (give or take a few mph) which I think Gundam worked out was around 80km/h... you were claiming it did 80mph at that point...

You don't believe me? I've got enough spare time to prove you wrong.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:52 AM   #701
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs
PRS now makes a 60 toth pinion... if u want top speed thats what u should run.. 1 to 1 ratio..... there like 5 bucks

www.lefthander-rc.com has them in stock
Is it 48p? Can only use 48p with the micro RS4.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:02 AM   #702
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Liam_Davies
Ajg, I posted a link to your previous thread. In that thread you claimed you could go over pebbles twice the size of the ride height... don't believe me? Look again. Oh no, that would be wasting your time.

How does a car with 2.5mm ride height drive OVER pebbles twice that size? Please enlighten me AJG as I don't know how it does it? Got it bouncin' on hydraulics now?

Actually the hydraulics is coming soon, as well a 50 shot of laughing gas... hey you could take it on a real dyno and see what BHP it's kicking out...
I have a Micro RS4 - will be upgrading to the 540 conversion in another week or so when it arrives. But right now I am using the Mamba 8000 motor from Castle Creations. The car can do faster than I am running it, but because of losing control so much, I have not put it over 35MPh. I am also using the VSM as stated before to measure my speed.

When I hit pebbles, I lose complete control of the car. Other day because of a pebble, I hit the curb at 35MPh - nothing broke. I was using a cutom aluminum chassis I made out of 0.9mm thick aluminum and it bent. That I can fix - But nothing else broke.

I hate the pebbles.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:14 AM   #703
Tech Adept

Apparenlty Ajg's just goes straight over them, no trouble, and at speeds approaching 70mph, it seems very impressive he keeps it under control!

I was driving my 12th on a pretty bumpy track and it was a nightmare, but I can imagine his micro is heavier as it's running 6 cells, a fat receiver, a VSM and loads of wiring and alloy. So his should be more planted. Although hitting pebbles is going to throw it off the road in reality... as we know Ajg's not living in reality... in his own little bubble of unrealistic, fictitious claims and estimates.

Good luck Keith with your speed runs, it's obvious you've spent a lot of effort and money creating your cars, and your not making complete BS claims! Keep on trying mate!

Liam
Old 08-20-2004, 08:30 AM   #704
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: I KNOW WHERE HIS TC3 WENT!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
Yeah, that's called a 1/18 scale truck. You can't make a monster truck with micro parts, it would just be a lifted micro, you need better suspension, and drivetrain(it's 4wd black kat). Also, the truck turns fine.
I love it. what a loser.

so I guess you could take his hacked up TC3, stretch it out to be the same length as a real monster truck and call it a 1/1 scale monster truck......even though it uses 1/10th scale parts. that's awesome.

He spends his days in school.......obviously it's a 'special' school if you catch my drift.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:31 AM   #705
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Liam_Davies
No... he manages to back his answers up with evidence. You just say "No, you're wrong." Didn't your English teachers ever tell you that you have to back up your claims with facts?

When people do all those mathematical equations to work out ratios you just say "No that's the wrong one." So if you're so good at maths, what's the right one?

I think in the previous thread, someone (Birdman?) used an equation to work out you were doing 45mph (give or take a few mph) which I think Gundam worked out was around 80km/h... you were claiming it did 80mph at that point...

You don't believe me? I've got enough spare time to prove you wrong.
Well Liam, you're just WRONG!!!
Closed Thread