R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 07:58 AM   #526
Tech Adept

I'm still curious about your racing past, I mean, you were such a good driver who dominated his local club (although you never said you won the A final/main) and then you suddenly give up to buy a micro rs4??

You've had your "stuff" for a few days now, will we see a video now, your obviously a school kid, since it's the summer holidays, you must have loads of time to do stuff like rebuilding your micro.

Remember - put up, or shut up.

(at the moment seems like you've shut up )
Old 08-18-2004, 08:13 AM   #527
Tech Addict

wait a second here guys-it seems like people are offering advice on how ajg can hit the 80mph mark,which is fine. But, i have been going under the assumption that he has already hit(or claims to have) 80mph. therefore he should be teling us how to do it

just wanted to stir the soup a little
Old 08-18-2004, 09:02 AM   #528
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by GundamWZero
Have you tried AA NiMH cells? Not Nicad cells. If you haddn't read I have some that is 2300 mah. You standard NiMH cells you race are 3300 and 3600.
I use NiMH - they still do not put out enough power. Using them on a 540 size motor will quickly kill the batteries.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:05 AM   #529
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by razzo
wow, this thread moves fast...

few questions, GM V12 maxes out at 8 cells. Are there small ESCs that'll go beyond 8? At this point, you can't add anymore cells with out going to a brushless system? Isn't coming up with other cell alternatives kinda moot, since you're stuck at 8 cells anyway? also, may be send your battery pack to a matcher to have it at least zapped for more voltage? Same weight, and even little more voltage will help? Or how about getting rid of the ESC, and going with micro-switch, ala RC dragster? no cell limit, and you can probrably replace the space taken up by the ESC with 2 more cells?

How did you get 64,000 rpm for motor number? didn't think there was a dyno that ran at 9.6V

And how the heck did you spend $1100 already on this micro? It's not like you're using $500 radio and $120 servo? 24K gold plated aluminum parts?
I have a Mamba 8000 brushless motor and ESC combo that is put out by Castle creations. Handles up to 12 cells. Motor puts out 8000 RPM's per volt. So put on 8 1.2 volt 2/3 sub-c cell batteries the motor will turn at 76,800 RPM's.

Now this is a brushless motor that is designed for Micro 1/18 scale cars. Not the modified 540 size motor at all.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:04 AM   #530
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by sean
wait a second here guys-it seems like people are offering advice on how ajg can hit the 80mph mark,which is fine. But, i have been going under the assumption that he has already hit(or claims to have) 80mph. therefore he should be teling us how to do it

just wanted to stir the soup a little
Yeah, he posted a 80+ run already. I don't want to be a "richard cranium" ( if you don't know what that means, ask your parents... ), but he didn't provide proof.

Stirring the soup is a dangerous thing on this particular thread!

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-18-2004, 11:05 AM   #531
Tech Adept

Yesterday I ordered one of the 540 conversion for the Micro RS4 that they have been talking about. On that I will run all brushless since that is all I run.

I am thinking of putting my Lehner 5300 basic brushless motor in it when it arrives and use some high end 2/3 size cells.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:37 AM   #532
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ajg
http://www.neomags.com/magnets.html

This is hilarious! This kid acts like an expert, but yet he avoids answering simple questions, and asks even stupider ones. So, AJG, what type of motor dyno were you using to get to 64000 rpm? I don't think a lot of dynos like spooling up with 9.6 volts. Also, what type of power supply did you use for the dyno? Do you even own one? Also, how often do you cut your comm? I'm sure you had a lathe from your 1/10th days, right? There's no way you would've been a contender for sponsorship without even owning a lathe, I assume. Also, how many battery packs do you own? Sounds like you have only one. I would figure that you would want to spend a little cash on an extra.

btw, showing that you spent 1068 dollars on your car is a total giveaway that you're a kid. Just a thought.

In any case, I'll wait till you get back from summer fun for a response
Old 08-18-2004, 11:48 AM   #533
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Has AJG fix the car yet? I would like to solve one thing at a time.......He needs to find Officer Friendly to get a Trap reading from the existing hardware he has. From there we can see if it is possible or not. He better carry a vid camera when Officer Friendly decides to clock his car.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:48 AM   #534
Tech Adept

I missed something - how did this age thing come into this? I don't understand. There are so many pages, I am sure it came up somewhere, but missed it.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2004, 11:51 AM   #535
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by studysession
I missed something - how did this age thing come into this? I don't understand. There are so many pages, I am sure it came up somewhere, but missed it.

Thanks!
They deducted his age by the way he post his messages. See for yourself.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:53 AM   #536
Tech Adept

GundamWZero - The RC's listed in your sig - How do you like your RC motor cycle? I have never ran one myself.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:57 AM   #537
Tech Elite

It's great!! I want it faster though...... I am looking at the Mamba system for it. It is nothing like driving a car though.....

Old 08-18-2004, 12:01 PM   #538
Tech Adept

Cool - so it is electric? Can you post some pics - some showing the electronics on it as well?
Old 08-18-2004, 12:04 PM   #539
Tech Elite

Here is most of my collection, hope it is big enough:

This is the bike:

I also have 2 Yokomo GT4s , a racer and a test car. Both are in dire need of alumnium!!!! Rolled the racer showing off recently and destroyed the suspension and steering system

Old 08-18-2004, 12:10 PM   #540
Tech Adept

Very nice!
Closed Thread