R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 04:04 PM   #466
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dracy69 Send a message via Yahoo to dracy69

the speed record out of all of the r/c cars id clifflets pan car that did 111mph
Old 08-17-2004, 04:11 PM   #467
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by dracy69
the speed record out of all of the r/c cars id clifflets pan car that did 111mph
The article I put the link for:
http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/need_speed.asp

Says just that. 111MPh. So far I got my 1/10 scale up to 93MPh. It was hard to drive and I wrecked and cracked the bulkheads. All the details are on my web site about what i am doing and what all I am using.

I am in the UK and know some of the MOD Police here. Once I get over 100MPh I am going to ask them to use their radar guns on my car to see how acurate the VSM is. Until then I am using the VSM to tell how fast I am going.

A lot of guys in this conversation/arguing (I am not sure which) is making a big deal about using a radar gun. Both the VSM and a radar gun can be very inaccurate. That is why once I feel I am getting in the ball park where I want to be (Above 100MPh), I will ask the MOD to shoot the radar gun. I believe that their radar gun will be more accurate than anything that I can aford.

That is just my opinion. --
Old 08-17-2004, 04:11 PM   #468
Tech Addict

no,you didnt miss anything, we were just ragging this kid who doesnt know about cutting comms,cant solder his own batterys,and uses a El Cheapo AM radio-yet he is trying to convince us that his micro does 80mph. like someone has already stated, your goal seems much more realistic and i too hope you can break it. this kid out to lunch though- join in the fun if you want-its pretty funny when ajg starts posting!
Old 08-17-2004, 04:11 PM   #469
Tech Elite

hey study session can you make us a real quick vid for your sped run car, i just wanna see it go. dont need a radar gun or anything.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:13 PM   #470
Tech Elite

i dont think ajg isnt gonna be posting anytime soon, think we hurt his feelings
Old 08-17-2004, 04:14 PM   #471
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by studysession
The article I put the link for:
http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/need_speed.asp

Says just that. 111MPh. So far I got my 1/10 scale up to 93MPh. It was hard to drive and I wrecked and cracked the bulkheads. All the details are on my web site about what i am doing and what all I am using.

I am in the UK and know some of the MOD Police here. Once I get over 100MPh I am going to ask them to use their radar guns on my car to see how acurate the VSM is. Until then I am using the VSM to tell how fast I am going.

A lot of guys in this conversation/arguing (I am not sure which) is making a big deal about using a radar gun. Both the VSM and a radar gun can be very inaccurate. That is why once I feel I am getting in the ball park where I want to be (Above 100MPh), I will ask the MOD to shoot the radar gun. I believe that their radar gun will be more accurate than anything that I can aford. BTW what is MOD?

That is just my opinion. --
dont the police have laser over there? i dont think the U.S. police even use radar guns anymore-see if they can use a laser speed meter-i would assume they are much more accurate, but i really dont know.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:16 PM   #472
Tech Adept

I work on a military base. I am trying to get approval for using video cameras. It is taking me a while to get an answer from security. They are afraid with me driving the car that fast, and then they approve me using a video camera.

If I run into someone they can get sued (not sure if spelled right). If I don't get permission first they will take my camera, so I want to get permission first.

Reason I told them for wanting to video tape is: If I wreck going that fast again, I want it all on video to watch over and over again. hehehehehhe Hopefully they end up approving me doing it.

They did tell me one area on base where I don't need permission, but it is not long enough to get above 45 - 50MPh. I told my wife, that I might do some video there just to have on my website. If I do them I will post links to them here if you like.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:18 PM   #473
Tech Addict

i just sent ajg a pm -telling him we miss him. he hant posted in a while
Old 08-17-2004, 04:19 PM   #474
Tech Elite

yes plz do that
Old 08-17-2004, 04:19 PM   #475
Tech Elite

hey study session how old ru
Old 08-17-2004, 04:21 PM   #476
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by sean
dont the police have laser over there? i dont think the U.S. police even use radar guns anymore-see if they can use a laser speed meter-i would assume they are much more accurate, but i really dont know.
This I am not sure. I just figure the MOD on base usually have a radar gun in the truck. They sometimes come see what i am doing when i am out with my cars. They are used to me doing it now. So figure when i get fast enough like I said before above 100MPh on the VSM. Then I will ask them.

Getting to 90MPh was not that hard. But getting faster seems to take a lot more effort. Once the car gets above 60 it is hard to control. I lost complete control many times before getting to 60. It take A LOT of practicing.

I do enjoy doing it. And my sponsor is great. I now get to test all of MTroniks new brushless products before they sell them. Give them feed back to help change things before they hit the market. I have brushless motors and ESC's in every electric car/truck I have.

Old 08-17-2004, 04:21 PM   #477
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by dracy69
hey study session how old ru
Funny - I am 32.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:23 PM   #478
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Dang!!!! Is it still hot in herr? The BOSS (my wife) took over the computer for a long while! I am going to go back through the threads since I last posted and try to reply to some of you guys threads. So If I'm late with a comment, sue me. My name is Kobe Bryant, and I live.............

I'll be a member of yourmicro.com shortly cause I bought a Hummingbird Micro Helicopter. However I am not gonna hunt down AJG.......I want to know what I can and can not do with this heli I got.

StudySession......

93 sounds quicker than the posted 89.4 (is that right?) TC3 that was in R/C Car Action. Are you going to the challenge that was put up by the magazine?

and yes.....I too like to see a vid.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-17-2004, 04:25 PM   #479
Tech Adept

It may take a while, but when I do I will post link to the videos. I asked my friend to let me use his camera so i can get 2 angles. I have a nice Sony DV Video Camera and figure if we put them on tripods very low to ground and get 2 angles it will be cool.

I am think late NOV/DEC time frame I might be able to aford a tiny camera to put on the car: http://www.microwireless.net/

Now that would be cool. I spent my RC budget for next couple of months. So cant get the tiny camera right now.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:30 PM   #480
Tech Adept

Quote:
TC3 flying past the radar gun at 96.4mph
I am almost as fast as their TC3 - I did the 93MPh on my Colt 10 supplied by MTroniks / Schulze ESC and AXI brushless motor and with 12 cells.

My gear ratios I do not anouce to anyone because so many people around the world are working towards same goal because of this:
http://www.rccaraction.com/news/car_challenge.asp

The AXI motor was also supplied to me by MTroniks. It is an air plane brushless motor. The Schulze ESC I fried the following day but that was something i bought. Now all my brushless ESC's I also get from MTroniks.

Their brushless car stuff is not out yet. We are testing them right now. Their plane stuff is already out forsale.
Closed Thread