R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 11:55 PM   #406
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

I also have a micro, and i know how low to the ground they sit, and how small they are. So the fact that your claimin gall this makes me even more un convinced. If it hit a rock at all, your car would be toast, if the road wasent flat, your toast. I just think your bs.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:58 PM   #407
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to razzo

Quote:
Have you ever owned a micro? Then, none of you would know much about them, and how they handle and perform or anything. Have any of you owned a 540 micro? Probably not. So, you wouldn't know how they perform. So how would you know how capable they are? Why do you come on here and act like you know all about them, when you really don't?
I've owned enough RC cars in past 19 years to point where it pains me to remember how much $$$ has been flushed down the toilet. And yes, I know how micros perform, handle. What's your micro's center of gravity with a 540 stuffed into it? What's your car's fore/aft balance?

I was arguing about your flawed logic on how you got your speed (spinning tires in air DON'T count). I was trying to figure out how you'd be first person in history of time to overcome various laws of physics. Please, prove your speed, so Newton and I can get some sleep.

There are people here with more experience in RC than you can wave a stick at, perhaps you should listen to them?
Old 08-17-2004, 12:10 AM   #408
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by GundamWZero I know there is a way, aside strapping a couple Class D rockets to it!!!!
Don't give him any ideas! you might get sued over injuries!

Actually I tried this back in 1987 with 1/12 scale Kyosho (can't remember the model name, but it was 4WD chain driven pan car with 380 motor in it)

With 2 Estes D rockets duct taped to it, let's just say duct tape didn't hold, and at launch we had 2 D size engines flying through the air un-controlled. One hit a building next door and exploded, other one came with in 1' of hitting a spectating friend.

Once we made brackets for the rocket and tried again, it was instant flying take off. I guess the engine was too far in the back, and aerodynamics of the body (can-am style) turned it into a flying wedge. Flew for about 50ft, hit the ground and the car totally disentigrated. Lesson learned, along with yelling from parents on wasting of $300 worth of RC equiptment.

Aw.. to be young and clueless. It's a blessing!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:46 AM   #409
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

So no one has any suggestions besides the ones provided? I know he made it hard on himself and all but this is a "catch and release" thread! You can't take him home and cook him, you gotta let him go.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-17-2004, 12:48 AM   #410
Tech Adept

ok for everyone who is ignorant and doesnt believe that a micro could go that fast blah blah blah the speed meter isnt right thats why not used in nhra you are all WRONG. PERIOD. Most pro and semi pro dragcars have a racepack computer. It measures the driveshaft speed but also measures the engine speed. It shows on a graph the driveshaft and engine overlapping and when they become one is where it is true. The only way a speed meter could read right if it took that into play. An onstat can do that so i have heard. OK now the proper match for the micro speed

tire is 1.375 gears are 58/31

the circumfrence of the tire is 4.3175

gear ratio is 1.87

you take the circumfrence of the tire and divide by ratio which comes out to 2.30 inches.

that means every 1 time the motor turns the car moves 2.3 inches

say you use a 40,000 rpm motor you take 40000x2.3 and you get 992000 inches per minute which is 7666 feet per minute or 1.45 miles per minute or 87 mph. That is mathmatically the absolute fastest it could go. that doesnt factor areo difference or anything just plain and simple drive speed. Im sure the motor turns more than 40,000 though and could run alot faster than stated. Quit bashing the guy for saying his micro runs as fast as he claims.. im sure it can no problems
Old 08-17-2004, 12:55 AM   #411
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Seems like we got a new fish.........any takers? My math isn't too well. It'll take some time to crunch the numbers right.

hold up I got this......

Hey Einstien......

How about Weight?

Aerodynamics?

Suspension?

And the most important of all, RADIO RANGE?

you may have crunched some numbers, but your theroies wern't put into practical use........

How about the dumping of the batteries at full throttle?

Wattage used by the ESC?

you should know that you are not gonna maintain 40,000 rpms in 300 ft.

darn it...... the flame suit is comming!!!!!1

Old 08-17-2004, 01:08 AM   #412
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to DaNieL_KuO

ii give up, this thread is like a super hatred online cat fight thread.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:15 AM   #413
Tech Regular

Quote:
Quit bashing the guy for saying his micro runs as fast as he claims.. im sure it can no problems
Hook line and sinker!!

If that's the case, I'm claiming my RC12L3 can do 120mph. Mathmetically, it's beyond easy. So it'll go 120mph. I'm sure I can stuff this 40 teeth pinion with 80 teeth spur, and 6x1 neo magnet motor. I'll run 6 cells, just to make it easy, and hope my R-1 has enough radio range. Oh yea, this LMP body designed for pure downforce will not get in the way!!!

See how dumb above statement sounded. If we can all CLAIM what speed our toy cars go, who's to say some next kid isn't going to claim his 100mph T/E-Maxx?

And why are you comaring 5000hp full scale drag cars to micro RC cars? Did you fail physics class too?
Old 08-17-2004, 05:57 AM   #414
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by DaNieL_KuO
ii give up, this thread is like a super hatred online cat fight thread.

ROFL!!!!!

Daniel,

Like I said before, I am through flaming. Its raining outside and the Human Torch got wet.......

Let me say this one more time...........

There is a way you can make a micro go 80+. With either yours or AJGs current equipment, chances are not likely. I had tried to explain it to AJG, but he wasn't listening, so the suit came on.

Would anyone like to know how?

Old 08-17-2004, 06:54 AM   #415
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon R
ok for everyone who is ignorant and doesnt believe that a micro could go that fast blah blah blah the speed meter isnt right thats why not used in nhra you are all WRONG. PERIOD. Most pro and semi pro dragcars have a racepack computer. It measures the driveshaft speed but also measures the engine speed. It shows on a graph the driveshaft and engine overlapping and when they become one is where it is true. The only way a speed meter could read right if it took that into play. An onstat can do that so i have heard. OK now the proper match for the micro speed

gear ratio is 1.87

you take the circumfrence of the tire and divide by ratio which comes out to 2.30 inches.

say you use a 40,000 rpm motor you take 40000x2.3 and you get 992000 inches per minute which is 7666 feet per minute or 1.45 miles per minute or 87 mph. That is mathmatically the absolute fastest it could go. that doesnt factor areo difference or anything just plain and simple drive speed. Im sure the motor turns more than 40,000 though and could run alot faster than stated. Quit bashing the guy for saying his micro runs as fast as he claims.. im sure it can no problems
Actually, I'm running 64,000 rpms now.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:59 AM   #416
ajg

Also, gundam, thanks for helping me with my radio problems and stuff.

I might get the new connectors today, and I'll try to make another video after school.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:50 AM   #417
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon R

gear ratio is 1.87

The problem is that under load that motor will never see 40,000 or the now 64,000 that it is claimed to handle. These are no load absolutes. Add in the drive train drag, friction, from the tires on the road, and that pesky aerodynamic drag that increases with the square of road speed. That motor "might" see 25,000 - 30,000 RPM which using your rollout figures would be about 54 mph.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:25 AM   #418
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dracy69 Send a message via Yahoo to dracy69

what about gear ratios from the diffs? or thats a direct thing cuz of the belts. his wing and body willl also create alot of drag.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:52 AM   #419
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

That was included in the figures I got from Brandon's post. I did not check his math, I just went based on that and took into consideration drag from drivetrain components, tires, and aerodynamics. I also didnt factor in aero lift that will probably happen before the car hits top speed causing the thing to turn into an airplane.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:53 AM   #420
Tech Adept

AJG, just a question, have you actually seen proof of your micro doing 70+ mph? Or is it just a claim?

I don't just mean on a Venom speed meter, like, have you seen it on professional radar equipment?

Also, if you were such a good driver with touring cars, why did you not try to gain sponsorship and attend more national race meetings?
Closed Thread