R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 12:05 AM   #196
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default another link?

ya no woek. is there another link??
Old 08-12-2004, 12:22 AM   #197
Tech Master

Right click the link and hit properties and copy and past the link in the window to your browser. You need to have windows media player to view that video.

The ladie does not stand there while passes are in progress.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Old 08-12-2004, 12:38 AM   #198
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

That spoiler is a bit extreme for what you are trying to do......I'd trim it down a bit. You chose a decent body for it though, but with that wing like that a little air under the chasis at high speeds and you can kiss it goodbye! Plus the body should have been brighter, you'll need all the visability you can get once you start to lose sight of the car.

I don't know what to say about solving your battery problem but to find some metal strips that can transfer solder well and fold easily. Solder the tabs to your cells and fold them.

AJG, I don't think you can achieve the magic 80 without destorying your car.........but I am going to try to help you with what ever problems you will come across to get you there. If you can do it (and have proof) I'll concede. But you gotta have proof.

Too bad that there isn't tracks like the veldrome, or whatever it is, everywhere your car might can do it on a track like that, that is if the batteries can last long enough.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-12-2004, 03:12 AM   #199
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

i would recomend a wedge type body also... more down force...

the body pictured will never provide enough downforce or stability......

if u run a wing on the back, i would recomend a small wing on the front...

they used to do this on the speed run cars.. it was an attempt to keep the front end down

also for soldering your cells... it sounds to me like your soldering iron is not getting hot enough... 40 watt minimum with a good tip for batteries,,,, and a good 60/40 solder
Old 08-12-2004, 08:12 AM   #200
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs
also for soldering your cells... it sounds to me like your soldering iron is not getting hot enough... 40 watt minimum with a good tip for batteries,,,, and a good 60/40 solder
burbs.....

he is trying to solder a pack in stick configration, not side by side. He won't be able to get a iron between the positive of one cell and the negitive end of the other cell.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-12-2004, 10:37 AM   #201
ajg

I got the cells together last night. Just had to tin them and it worked. But I forgot to discharge the old cells so when I would charge them, the new ones would only get to a couple hundred mah. So I'm just running my car on 6-cells till they discharge all the way. Then I'm going to go make one of the videos. I don't have a rader gun yet, but this will be a practice run.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:15 PM   #202
ajg

First run: Started off great with tons of traction, but it glitched and went off the road. The two middle cells came apart, so I'm going to my lhs so they can shrink wrap it.

Sorry, no video this time.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #203
Tech Addict

i would like to apologize to AJG for calling him a moron. that was out of line and just plain mean. and as he has pointed out to me, i once had to learn to solder as well. sometimes i am an idiot and dont think before i speak
Old 08-12-2004, 02:40 PM   #204
ajg

Old 08-12-2004, 03:16 PM   #205
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default shrink wrap

dude u can shrink wrap ur cells urself.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:16 PM   #206
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to DaNieL_KuO

if ur soldering end to end, its easier with a hammer head soldering iron If you ur using a regular iron, find a tip thats really thin, find atable with a edge, so you could lay the cells on,andtape one cell down, heat both ends of the cells, and quickly slide them together. Just a way...

As far as 70 mph on a micro. I believe it is really possible. Ive seen a 540 micro with a regular mabuchi RS 540[36turn] on 6 cells [sub c] and it was already balistic, STUPID fast ,it was blowing away all the 10th electrics scales off the line at the track. Now imagine it with like a 10 turn....

http://www.neptune.com/users/danielk...lkuo119317.wmv
thats a micro brushless video at one of the race tracks, its a micro brushless..

iono just my thoughts... i dont wanna be in anypart of arguements...
Old 08-12-2004, 03:39 PM   #207
ajg

Default Re: shrink wrap

Quote:
Originally posted by crACkeD ChaSsiS
dude u can shrink wrap ur cells urself.
I dont' have shrink wrap though, and my lhs will probably do it for free. I'm also going there to get some parts for my e-maxx.

My lhs has a hammerhead iron, so I'll have them do it instead of buying one for just one use. I've used a different end to get the cells together, but they came apart when I went into the bush, since it wasn't shrink wrapped.

Old 08-12-2004, 03:55 PM   #208
Tech Addict

Default ic

okie dokie
Old 08-12-2004, 07:20 PM   #209
Tech Adept

The biggest problem that I see for this car to actually make 70 mph is the tires.

The 1/10 cars that have made the record runs had MASSIVE problems with tires disintegrating as their speeds increased. It took some new innovations in capped tires to come up with a tire that would withstand the RPM required to achieve speeds at or above 100 mph.

Considering the diameter of the tires used on the 1/10 cars as compared to the diameter of the micro tires, the RPM necessary for a micro to hit 70 would be at least double, probably triple what the 1/10 had to endure. Considering that, I can not see how a foam tire would survive.

I'm not sure my math is right, but given the assumption that a 1/10 tire has a diameter of about 2.5 inches and a micro is about 1.25 inches, here are the RPM necessary to achieve the speeds:

70MPH 100MPH
1/10 9400 13450
Micro 18800 26890

So, chuck a micro tire up on your trusty Dremel and fire it up!!! I think they can approach 25000 RPM. See if foam and plastic start flying.

As far as speed records being conducted on oval tracks, that is pretty much necessary for remote controlled vehicles. Since our transmitters have a limited distance they will work in, we can't just let them go in a straight line for a significant distance unless you have a chase vehicle. Not many of us have access to an area like the Salt Flats to do this.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:33 PM   #210
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dracy69 Send a message via Yahoo to dracy69

i wanna see a vid of this car hit 70 or fail to hit 70 (something bad happening ) either way it will be cool to watch
Closed Thread