R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 08:15 PM   #181
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default vid

i wanna see vid.!
Old 08-11-2004, 09:05 PM   #182
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by sean
your a MORON! you cant even solder batteries!
Dude, It was my second time, And I forgot to "tin the cells" that's why they weren't working. I usually have my packs custom made.

I'm trying to get the vid by tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:34 PM   #183
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by GundamWZero
See, we got to understand that a drag style run (straight line, one run) doesn't really qualify as a fastest car run. You got to maintain your top speed for two laps! Even full scale land speed record runs two times forward then back. If they maintained their top speed between those two runs, then it is considered a qualified run.
This is incorrect. You see how a official landspeed run is supost to be ran is you have your set course and you do two passes. the first pass if you break the record you must break that record again. Then the times of the two passes will be averaged together to form an official speed record. It is done in a STRAIGHT line NOT in an oval. This is the only way landspeed records are officaly ran in modern time.

If you have any questions or douts about what i have stated, I am a Landspeed racer myself and am activly crewing for a team.

And as far as R/C records are concered, Our friend Cliff Lett at Asc. is the offical world record holder of the worlds fastest Radio Controled Car with a time of 111 mph http://popularmechanics.com/automoti...er/print.phtml

The worlds fastest boat is 120.70 MPH. http://www.rumrunnerracing.com Not an official Guiness book record.

If yoiu click on my Sig you will see my R/C Landspeed car.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Old 08-11-2004, 09:43 PM   #184
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Yeah, sean, you was way out of line there......

What are you trying to do Ajg, solder the batteries end to end or side by side? End to end is gonna be hard without using tabs. You may just need a better iron......

Cardboard;

A decent motor in any car, along with proper gearing will make it go 70 mph. What I am looking at is the size of the car. You won't even see the car when it approach 60! Even a nitro car, as shown in the vid you provided, has to have the necessary room to spool up to achieve those speeds. His transmitter, as he stated before, has only a range of 150 ft! He won't even see 50 at that distance! Than if he bought a new radio system, its range will be only 300 ft, still not enough to reach the magic 70. And with a micro, it will be extremely difficult to see it let alone drive it at 200 ft. The videos you provided proves that.

BTW, some Shoo Goo in the rear diff and that nitro would have smoked that micro off the line! You need to get power to the wheels without losing any to either the rear diffs or the clutch.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-11-2004, 09:46 PM   #185
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dracy69 Send a message via Yahoo to dracy69

hey can you give the link where you have your car posted again.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:57 PM   #186
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by Gearhead3
This is incorrect. You see how a official landspeed run is supost to be ran is you have your set course and you do two passes. the first pass if you break the record you must break that record again. Then the times of the two passes will be averaged together to form an official speed record. It is done in a STRAIGHT line NOT in an oval. This is the only way landspeed records are officaly ran in modern time.

If you have any questions or douts about what i have stated, I am a Landspeed racer myself and am activly crewing for a team.

And as far as R/C records are concered, Our friend Cliff Lett at Asc. is the offical world record holder of the worlds fastest Radio Controled Car with a time of 111 mph http://popularmechanics.com/automoti...er/print.phtml

The worlds fastest boat is 120.70 MPH. http://www.rumrunnerracing.com Not an official Guiness book record.

If yoiu click on my Sig you will see my R/C Landspeed car.
I guess you guys are misreading what I am saying, or I didn't say it right. If you make one pass, say from point A to point B is ONE run, right? Then you run from point B back to point A makes your second run, right? I thought I mentioned that........
Now, if you take the end of point B, put it with the beginning of point A, that makes a circle, right? Now tell me if I am wrong but if you run form point a to point b it is considered a lap, right? 'Cause if it does, then in an ISR you need to run two laps in order to qualify a speed run, right?

If I am wrong, explain it clearer, cause after all those years I watched racing those poor saps could have made either made Pole Position, or either qualified to even race, just by doing one lap.

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #187
ajg

Quote:
Originally posted by dracy69
hey can you give the link where you have your car posted again.
http://www.one18th.com/showtoy.php?id=2799

Also, I'm putting the cells end to end, but whe I try to tin the cells it doesn't work. And yes my car is out of range, but I can still drive it and use the brakes, but sometimes the brakes don't work. I got new crystals (channel 90) for my radio, because I think mine were bad.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:42 PM   #188
Tech Elite

any pics of the body?
Old 08-11-2004, 10:45 PM   #189
ajg

http://www.one18th.com/showtoy.php?id=2464
Old 08-11-2004, 11:02 PM   #190
Tech Elite

i think your gonna have probs cuz ofd that spoiler, bit of an extreme angle to go really fast.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #191
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default hm

i think taht wing is mounted right.hm helps to keep the front end down im thinking.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:40 PM   #192
Tech Elite

no i mean the wing itself might cause alot of wind resistance, im kinda relating this to what they do in nascar so i may be wrong
Old 08-11-2004, 11:44 PM   #193
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by GundamWZero
I guess you guys are misreading what I am saying, or I didn't say it right. If you make one pass, say from point A to point B is ONE run, right? Then you run from point B back to point A makes your second run, right? I thought I mentioned that........
Now, if you take the end of point B, put it with the beginning of point A, that makes a circle, right? Now tell me if I am wrong but if you run form point a to point b it is considered a lap, right? 'Cause if it does, then in an ISR you need to run two laps in order to qualify a speed run, right?

If I am wrong, explain it clearer, cause after all those years I watched racing those poor saps could have made either made Pole Position, or either qualified to even race, just by doing one lap.
You are correct and incorrect.

You do have two runs if you break the record. But you must break the record the first pass to qualify for the second pass.

You do not run backwords down the track. You Bring the car back to the staging lanes and run the car again. No circles involved.
Here is a picture of the Bonnieville Salt Flats. Where most of the LSR runs are at. Infact this week is SpeekWeeks at bonniville.

This image is at Mile Marker 3 of the long course at bonniville.

Also here is video of a Landspeed Pass at El Mirage Dry lake track. I crewed for this car. This car is the worlds fastest on the dirt
http://www.scta-bni.org/news/PETE'S%...un%20Movie.mpg

Airtronics|Kyosho|

Last edited by Gearhead3; 08-11-2004 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:02 AM   #194
Tech Elite

dat link doesnt work for me
Old 08-12-2004, 12:03 AM   #195
Tech Elite

and does that lady stand there when the car drives by? seems jus a lil dangerous lol
Closed Thread