Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 02:25 AM   #166
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dracy69 Send a message via Yahoo to dracy69

Quote:
Originally posted by 071crazy
ajg: what boomer said is exactly true. The laws of physics work.

Regardless, can't we stop turning these threads into complete flame joints? Give the kid a chance, since we really can't prove or disprove all the claims. If he can get the car rollin, then awesome! I'm sure there will be a lot of impressed people. But, if it doesn't happen, then the threads will die and he'll quiet down. Bottom line, I optimistic about the planned attempt, but I can't really buy the current claims without validation.
We are givin him a chance (most of us) but he said he doesnt have his stuff yet.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:39 AM   #167
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by dracy69
We are givin him a chance (most of us) but he said he doesnt have his stuff yet.
Yeah, I want him to prove ME wrong......Personally, I think that it is impossible for a micro to achieve such speeds, reguardless of all the techno babble there is....... I believe the smaller the scale, the harder it is to achieve the speeds intended for full size cars.

Look at what it takes to reach Cliff Lett speeds.......sure I can do it too, but I will waste a good thousand bucks if I scrub the barrier at a track or hit a pebble in a parking lot.

I am just looking at the size of the car, I guess. There is just too much work for a platform like that to accomplish. I just finished reading an article in R/C Touring Cars 2004 I picked up today; a project car......11 cell XRAY T1. Its top speed? 88.2 mph. Even they admit that they spun it out (traction) and even got it airborne (aerodynamics) a couple of times, and they were lucky that they didn't break anything! Now lets look at a micro......come on guys be real! There is no micro body out there that will provide enough down force to keep it form getting airborne at 80 mph. His micro is light, thus will give him faster acceleration. BUT being light also will give him instability at very high speeds! That is if his car doesn't grow wings and try to fly. And all that money will go to waste if it decides to take a high speed tumble!

I admire AJG resolve to make his micro ballastic, heck I would too, with any one of my cars. But to step into a forum and say" my micro goes 80+, 80, then 70 mph without any definite proof is bound to get his bumper flamed. It is even our fault for not believing him, it might be as fast as he said. But like I said before I don't believe it. If it was me, I would have had a reputable magazine take a look at my ride, and my claimed speed and had it in the magazine before I posted anything in any forum.

Like I said earlier, there is no one posting speeds of a micro that fast. And I know that there is a lot of them.......

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-11-2004, 11:45 AM   #168
Tech Addict

You have to look at weight vs surface area. The micro is lighter but it doesnt have the surface area of the bottom chassis of a T1. I think it would be possible just not sure on keeping it straight and the bearings be able to handle that kind or rotation speed.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:07 PM   #169
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default hm

hostility?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:43 PM   #170
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

not hostility.........but improbality. I got too many r/c stuff laying around to be bent out of shape over a micro.........if I want to go 80+ mph, I got quite a few cars to do it on. However, I am more focused on getting my helicopters airborne.........

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
Old 08-11-2004, 04:43 PM   #171
Tech Addict

Getting the helicopter airborne isnt a big deal , its the keeping it airborne that I keep having problems with.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:58 PM   #172
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Gundam: I totally agree with what you're thinkin. When you start pushing into the 60,70,80 mph range traction and aerodynamics start playing such a huge role in the straightline performance of the car. I think that the short wheelbase of the micro makes attaining these speeds really tough. What do you guys think?

By the way, I've made my b4 buggy hit over 500 mph. Unassembled. ROFL

Quote:
Originally posted by GundamWZero
Yeah, I want him to prove ME wrong......Personally, I think that it is impossible for a micro to achieve such speeds, reguardless of all the techno babble there is....... I believe the smaller the scale, the harder it is to achieve the speeds intended for full size cars.

Look at what it takes to reach Cliff Lett speeds.......sure I can do it too, but I will waste a good thousand bucks if I scrub the barrier at a track or hit a pebble in a parking lot.

I am just looking at the size of the car, I guess. There is just too much work for a platform like that to accomplish. I just finished reading an article in R/C Touring Cars 2004 I picked up today; a project car......11 cell XRAY T1. Its top speed? 88.2 mph. Even they admit that they spun it out (traction) and even got it airborne (aerodynamics) a couple of times, and they were lucky that they didn't break anything! Now lets look at a micro......come on guys be real! There is no micro body out there that will provide enough down force to keep it form getting airborne at 80 mph. His micro is light, thus will give him faster acceleration. BUT being light also will give him instability at very high speeds! That is if his car doesn't grow wings and try to fly. And all that money will go to waste if it decides to take a high speed tumble!

I admire AJG resolve to make his micro ballastic, heck I would too, with any one of my cars. But to step into a forum and say" my micro goes 80+, 80, then 70 mph without any definite proof is bound to get his bumper flamed. It is even our fault for not believing him, it might be as fast as he said. But like I said before I don't believe it. If it was me, I would have had a reputable magazine take a look at my ride, and my claimed speed and had it in the magazine before I posted anything in any forum.

Like I said earlier, there is no one posting speeds of a micro that fast. And I know that there is a lot of them.......
Old 08-11-2004, 06:55 PM   #173
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Cardboard

Guys, I hate to say it but ajg is dead right. The 540 conversion, in the right hands with a decent motor, will go 70 mph easy. Hell, binary stocks can get the car past 40. it's the combination of a very light, simple drivetrain and the weight to power ratio is very favorable. The conversion kit is very well designed and can take the punishment, too. www.aktionrc.com.
With that said, ajg's micro does not go 70 mph, anyone who looked at the video can say that. The venom speedmeter sucks and is completely inaccurate.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:58 PM   #174
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Cardboard

Quote:
Originally posted by 071crazy
Gundam: I totally agree with what you're thinkin. When you start pushing into the 60,70,80 mph range traction and aerodynamics start playing such a huge role in the straightline performance of the car. I think that the short wheelbase of the micro makes attaining these speeds really tough. What do you guys think?

By the way, I've made my b4 buggy hit over 500 mph. Unassembled. ROFL

If you don't go through a slow, rolling start with a 540 micro, it will rotate so fast it will appear to be a helicopter. Reaching the speed isn't tough, getting the car to do anything but drive in a straight line when it's up to speed is.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:13 PM   #175
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Cardboard
Guys, I hate to say it but ajg is dead right. The 540 conversion, in the right hands with a decent motor, will go 70 mph easy. Hell, binary stocks can get the car past 40. it's the combination of a very light, simple drivetrain and the weight to power ratio is very favorable. The conversion kit is very well designed and can take the punishment, too. www.aktionrc.com.
With that said, ajg's micro does not go 70 mph, anyone who looked at the video can say that. The venom speedmeter sucks and is completely inaccurate.
i just watched a video of a mod micro against a nitro TC on the site you provided a link to. and that micro was ballistic BUT that nitro never even got spooled up. turn up the sound on your computer and you can hear it.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:18 PM   #176
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Personally i dont think that ajg knows enough about motors and general stuff to be able to get his micro up to his claimed speeds. Reading some of his past posts backs this up, no offence to him but i think he needs to read up a bit more on this topic. If Mike reedy and the top guys at associated could only get 111mph then i think he will have a challenge getting above 70mph.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:48 PM   #177
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Where are you,, ajg? We need a rebuttal!!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 07:59 PM   #178
ajg

I got the stuff but when I try assemble the new cells the battery pack doesn't work. I can't get it to stick no matter what I do, I've sanded the ends, and used flux on it but it doesn't help. I'm going to take it to my lhs.

Also, the video you saw was not it going 70mph, that video is somewere else, I posted the wrong video on there I guess. That one is going 44mph. Just watched it and it's the wrong one, sorry.

I'll probably have the new video tomorrow. Also, I do know alot about motors, and I don't care what any of you say because you haven't seen my micro hit 70mph (since I had posted the wrong video).
Old 08-11-2004, 08:08 PM   #179
Tech Addict

your a MORON! you cant even solder batteries!
Old 08-11-2004, 08:09 PM   #180
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dracy69 Send a message via Yahoo to dracy69

easy now
Closed Thread