R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ROAR CLASSES??????

Looking at the classes on the time zone thread. What are the official classes for 2011 for electric on road?
Old 01-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs View Post
Looking at the classes on the time zone thread. What are the official classes for 2011 for electric on road?
+1
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

what happened to the biggest class?
Old 01-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i know there has to be some ROAR members reading this thread. can someone please join me over here. ROAR has said time and time again they want to know who is speaking. now there is a forum to speak at about their decisions... because they don't feel like the decisions of the racers i know.

please join the conversation here --

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...11-Carpet-Nats
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK View Post
what happened to the biggest class?
funny-- 17.5 boosted was stock for winter of 2009/2010 -- and was sportsman at the 2010 carpet nats. now it is gone.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

looks like roar said "Onroad attendance is down.. Lets make them all buy new motors and totally kill off the rest of em'..."
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ok, so they decided to go a no timing class. Not horrible, but why another slower class? We still have 13.5's, why not do a 13.5 timing class? Instead of keeping with the speed of 17.5 x, you slowed it down.

I have to re-up my roar member ship to get on that forum.. The year I wanna run stock they slow it down again, haha..
Old 01-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
i know there has to be some ROAR members reading this thread. can someone please join me over here. ROAR has said time and time again they want to know who is speaking. now there is a forum to speak at about their decisions... because they don't feel like the decisions of the racers i know.

please join the conversation here --

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...11-Carpet-Nats
we would love to join the conversation "over here, over there" except apparently we have to wait to get approved. but you know that. so just go ahead and stop posting useless links.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
looks like roar said "Onroad attendance is down.. Lets make them all buy new motors and totally kill off the rest of em'..."
what new motor do you have to buy, your saying you don't own a 17.5. or are you saying you wanted to run the slowest class possible and will have to buy a 21.5........ just messing

I never liked the spliting of the class into timing and no timing, sponsored and sportsman, it was complete BS IN MY OPINION. if guys need to slow down then make it 21.5, I got my wish, I don't care if its timing or not, also in my opinion timing is BS for what is suppose to be a "stock" class (now that is a change of opinion I will admit). the most popular racing and most fun racing that I have been around has been silvercan racing, It is also my opinion that the silvercan voodoo has ruined that class like timing ruined the stock class. 25.5 is closer to a silvercan then a 21.5 I can't wait to run strapped in 21.5at Timezone, knowing that every lap has to be spot on, passing will be a bitch and you really have to have your car in tip top shape.

17.5 and 21.5 for me, no boost, no problem.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (99%+)

who cares? this is why I dont go to bigger races anymore,to much bull,i'll stick to my club for racing,at least I know what to run!!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

I cant wait to run 17.5 no boost. This is going to be exhilarating.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
what new motor do you have to buy, your saying you don't own a 17.5. or are you saying you wanted to run the slowest class possible and will have to buy a 21.5........ just messing

I never liked the spliting of the class into timing and no timing, sponsored and sportsman, it was complete BS IN MY OPINION. if guys need to slow down then make it 21.5, I got my wish, I don't care if its timing or not, also in my opinion timing is BS for what is suppose to be a "stock" class (now that is a change of opinion I will admit). the most popular racing and most fun racing that I have been around has been silvercan racing, It is also my opinion that the silvercan voodoo has ruined that class like timing ruined the stock class. 25.5 is closer to a silvercan then a 21.5 I can't wait to run strapped in 21.5at Timezone, knowing that every lap has to be spot on, passing will be a bitch and you really have to have your car in tip top shape.

17.5 and 21.5 for me, no boost, no problem.
I just really hope that they will stick with something for a period of time. I do not look forward to buying a new esc and/or motor every year.
DuckStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #13
Tech Champion

yea ain't that a bitch,,, having to buy one motor a year

again, just messing
Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #14
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
yea ain't that a bitch,,, having to buy one motor a year

again, just messing
LOL!!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #15
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The barrier to entry on ROAR's forum is too high. Nobody will ever use it. Ever. If you don't talk about it here, you may as well send out surveys on stone tablets via snail mail, you'll get more feedback that way. I understand what they were trying to do, but it's not going to work. You can listen to me now, or later, but I'm right. Sorry it didn't work out.

As far as the classes go, man, I dunno. I think IIC and Snowbirds has the classes right, at least for touring car. Only difference is I'd consider making amateur 21.5 unboosted.

Hopefully EA's presence will help guide ROAR in the right direction.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote