R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   trf415ms (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/468338-trf415ms.html)

robaja 01-06-2011 05:02 AM

trf415ms

hey guys

im bit of a noob & need some help setting up my trf415ms. mostly the electrics....its too confusing lol.

the chassis was pretty cheap so took advantage of it. so far its a rolling chassis w/the chrome motor (the one you see in the tamiyas) and il be using my spektrum dx3r w/sr3100 reciever.

-what esc should i get? (was thinking lrp quantum 3)
-what steering servo? (was thinking futaba 9551)
-lipo or nimh(was thinking lipo, but i think i have to modify the tray & i wana take advantage of my venom pro charger)

i did abit of reseach but let me know what you guys think.

thanks for any help cheers rob x)

TryHard 01-06-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by robaja (Post 8443936)
hey guys

im bit of a noob & need some help setting up my trf415ms. mostly the electrics....its too confusing lol.

the chassis was pretty cheap so took advantage of it. so far its a rolling chassis w/the chrome motor (the one you see in the tamiyas) and il be using my spektrum dx3r w/sr3100 reciever.

-what esc should i get? (was thinking lrp quantum 3)
-what steering servo? (was thinking futaba 9551)
-lipo or nimh(was thinking lipo, but i think i have to modify the tray & i wana take advantage of my venom pro charger)

i did abit of reseach but let me know what you guys think.

thanks for any help cheers rob x)

When you say Chrome motor, do you mean silver can? If so, then a brushed speedo would be need (I hear the QC3's are going cheap atm!)

Steering servo, I'm really liking my Spektrum units. I've been using a full size Spektrum 6040, but they have just released a low profile one (6070) which will probably be a little cheaper and just as good as the 9551... and also match up to the radio :sneaky:
(And, yes, I know my sig says Spektrum in it, but I used a S9551 and S9550 before, and the 6040 is simply faster and stronger, and I have no doubt the 6070 is just as good!)

Battery wise, from memory, the MS should accept LiPo's without any hassle, as the top deck is pretty high, the bulkhead clearance should be fine. Best bet is to go for the biggest capacity, highest C rating pack you can. If you get them with bumps on the bottom, shouldn't need to mod the bottom deck, as you can just slid the cells out a little. Glue some mounts on the bottom of the pack to hold in the cell slots, and your away :)

HiH
Ed

tcb22185 01-06-2011 08:18 AM

im still running a tamiya 415msx conversion i would suggest the team diggity lipo tray for a tc5 its what i use on mine becase i hate taping batts and non of mine have the little groves.

robaja 01-07-2011 05:59 PM

thanks guys! just wanted to know everything will work with each other x)
yeh il be running the silver can for now. we all end up looking for more power lol.