Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Thunder Power RC Z3R Motors > Thunder Power RC Z3R Motors

Thunder Power RC Z3R Motors

Reply

Old 02-02-2012, 04:45 PM
  #76  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,813
Default

Originally Posted by Marek Gadomski View Post
Have those motors a temperature chceck for esc in sensor ?
U no like LRP or GM Motors
It seems like only motors from the same manufacturer as the ESC have that feature.
Skiddins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:00 PM
  #77  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: essex, england
Posts: 129
Default

Has anyone got a speedo and motor setup for a z3r 13.5 using a sp/hw speedo in the open timing class? It's an indoor track measuring 36mx22m not looking for anything definitive just a starting point
Bony85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:15 AM
  #78  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bony85 View Post
Has anyone got a speedo and motor setup for a z3r 13.5 using a sp/hw speedo in the open timing class? It's an indoor track measuring 36mx22m not looking for anything definitive just a starting point
DRRS Punch : 7
Brake Force : 87.5%
REverse Force :100%
Initial Brake : 0%
Neutral Range: 6%
Boost Timing : 36
Turbo Slope : 18
Turbo Timing : 24
Start RPM : 6000
Turbo Delay : 0.2 s
Timing ACC : 500

frd 6.6 to 7.4

motor timing set at 25
Craig W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 AM
  #79  
Tech Adept
 
Ariel Reds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hiliran, Kuala terengganu
Posts: 145
Default

is this motor suitable for 10.5t boosted class? the temperature around my track is about 36 celcius, and compare to the x12, which one run cooler and smoother?
Ariel Reds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:40 AM
  #80  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ariel Reds View Post
is this motor suitable for 10.5t boosted class? the temperature around my track is about 36 celcius, and compare to the x12, which one run cooler and smoother?
The motor is good in 10.5t boosted turn timing down on motor to 15 and try again and do not run high turbo
Craig W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:08 AM
  #81  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

is there anybody running tekin as we are looking for boosted setting for 13.5 and 10.5t 30x20m track in touring car
Craig W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:14 AM
  #82  
Tech Initiate
 
Marek Gadomski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 40
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
It seems like only motors from the same manufacturer as the ESC have that feature.
That's funny because gm speedos v2 read temp. from LRP X11 X12, GM/Graupner, Novac, ETC

Without Speed passion and HW
Marek Gadomski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
  #83  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
g12314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 1,287
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Hi All,

I swapped a 13.5 stator from my 17.5 to test for TCS and it was cogging bad. Sure enough no sensor signals (confirmed with a checker). Switch to a different motor and all is well.

Any particular precautions one should take when doing stator swaps in these motors? Have done many sensor board swaps / rotor swaps in other motors without any issues.

Thanks,
Jimmy
g12314 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:29 AM
  #84  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by g12314 View Post
Hi All,

I swapped a 13.5 stator from my 17.5 to test for TCS and it was cogging bad. Sure enough no sensor signals (confirmed with a checker). Switch to a different motor and all is well.

Any particular precautions one should take when doing stator swaps in these motors? Have done many sensor board swaps / rotor swaps in other motors without any issues.

Thanks,
Jimmy
try turning down the timing on the motor as we had same problem
Craig W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM
  #85  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
g12314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 1,287
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Craig W View Post
try turning down the timing on the motor as we had same problem
Thanks for the tip. Did try that (swept from 0 to 30 degrees), but it is clear that the hall sensors are not reporting to the ESC. Sensor cable and ESC are verified good via another motor.

Jimmy
g12314 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
  #86  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,813
Default

Originally Posted by Ariel Reds View Post
is this motor suitable for 10.5t boosted class? the temperature around my track is about 36 celcius, and compare to the x12, which one run cooler and smoother?
Everything runs cooler than LRP's!

The Reedy's & TP's seem to run very cool compared with others. just don't let that make you think you can just ramp everything up to max!
Skiddins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:54 PM
  #87  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 160
Default

Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Everything runs cooler than LRP's!

The Reedy's & TP's seem to run very cool compared with others. just don't let that make you think you can just ramp everything up to max!
I agree with you. I use TP 4.5T boosted, the temp was 65deg the max and it was smooth and fast

Last edited by minez; 02-03-2012 at 08:07 PM.
minez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:35 PM
  #88  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
I am looking for a set up for a 17.5 TP motor in a WGT car with 2S and Speed passion GT2.0 speedo, indoor carpet track about a 20m straight

Thanks Phil
anyone ???
sidecarphil1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:05 AM
  #89  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
anyone ???
DRRS Punch : 7
Brake Force : 87.5%
REverse Force :100%
Initial Brake : 0%
Neutral Range: 6%
Boost Timing : 41
Turbo Slope : 18
Turbo Timing : 16
Start RPM : 3000
Turbo Delay : 0.1 s
Timing ACC : 500

you could try this is what i run on my tc with 17.5t
Craig W is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:44 PM
  #90  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Craig W View Post
DRRS Punch : 7
Brake Force : 87.5%
REverse Force :100%
Initial Brake : 0%
Neutral Range: 6%
Boost Timing : 41
Turbo Slope : 18
Turbo Timing : 16
Start RPM : 3000
Turbo Delay : 0.1 s
Timing ACC : 500

you could try this is what i run on my tc with 17.5t
WOW thanks now it sounds a bit more lively hahaha
sidecarphil1 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service