Thunder Power RC Z3R Motors

Like Tree1Likes

Thunder Power RC Z3R Motors

Old 01-07-2011, 04:53 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tron
When will they be available?
They have been available for a few weeks now. You can have your local dealer contact TP direct (horizon ordered theirs yet) or you can contact TP direct.

EA
Old 01-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tron
When will they be available?
You guys missed the "Deal" boat a couple weeks ago.They had a 2 day order special from Dec. 20-22 for $59.99 a motor w/blue rotor. Still waiting for my 17.5.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Just received my 17.5 can I run all 50 degree's in non ramping class?
Old 01-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragarcher
who has them?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Can someone please measure the gauss rating of one of the rotors.

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 02-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

I wouldn't run more than 40* and gear from there. Anything over 40* is a bit over the edge.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

All of us at Thunder Power would like to congratulate Mike Haynes for giving TP their first major TQ and Win using the Z3R motor and battery in Expert TC 17.5. Mike drove flawless all week and put the new motors to the test. Great Job Mike!! Thanks
Old 02-13-2011, 01:51 AM
Tech Adept

started to get a handle on the new motor in 17.5 non ramping today, played with the timing settling on 35 degrees the motor was as fast as the fastest motor on our local track so I'm set for the Nat's!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

started to get a handle on the new motor in 17.5 non ramping today, played with the timing settling on 35 degrees the motor was as fast as the fastest motor on our local track so I'm set for the Nat's!
What FDR did you settle on and how big was the track (was it Norcal hobbies track?)
Old 02-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Yes the track is NorCal but I'm running 1/12 we use roll out not FDR
Old 02-28-2011, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

After Snow birds a few guys showed up at my local track with these motors. I bought one of these motors in a package deal with a CEFX Photon. Now I admit I was leary because two of the three guys that had this motor, I watched go up in smoke. Well after two weeks of running the one I acquired I have to say that it must have been due to them over gearing them and overheating them at some point. First thing I was told by the previous own was not to go to big on the pinion. So I have carefully played with gearing. First thing I noticed is this thing is a very powerful motor. I used to run the LRPx12 and have tried a BOSS motor. By the way I run unboosted class. This motor in my opinion is just flat awesome. You cant gear it like your other motors. I am running quite a bit taller fdr than I was with other motors and what others are running at my track. I am not giving up on ounce of speed on the straight either. I have actually caught myself having to check up on a couple of people. I have since bought another Thunderpower for race days only and the other is for practice. I tried going one tooth smaller and slightly higher timing yesterday and I was even faster. The motor came off the track at 124 degrees after running it for what had to be close to 10 minutes straight. About 10 degrees cooler than the gearing and slightly lower timing I had settled on before. The fastest time on my track for non boost this season is 10 seconds flat. Yesterday I turned a 10.1. I have only been driving touring car since Oct. time frame and they had the doors open so the track was a little dusty but there is not doubt that with race day like conditions the car and motor is there. In the hands of a better skilled driver, that time might even fall. Anyway, I was on the verge of going back to LRP, that is until I got this motor. Thanks Thunderpower and I would recommend this motor to anyone, anyone but the people at my track I am racing against.LOL
Old 03-01-2011, 10:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by devilsquid
After Snow birds a few guys showed up at my local track with these motors. I bought one of these motors in a package deal with a CEFX Photon. Now I admit I was leary because two of the three guys that had this motor, I watched go up in smoke. Well after two weeks of running the one I acquired I have to say that it must have been due to them over gearing them and overheating them at some point. First thing I was told by the previous own was not to go to big on the pinion. So I have carefully played with gearing. First thing I noticed is this thing is a very powerful motor. I used to run the LRPx12 and have tried a BOSS motor. By the way I run unboosted class. This motor in my opinion is just flat awesome. You cant gear it like your other motors. I am running quite a bit taller fdr than I was with other motors and what others are running at my track. I am not giving up on ounce of speed on the straight either. I have actually caught myself having to check up on a couple of people. I have since bought another Thunderpower for race days only and the other is for practice. I tried going one tooth smaller and slightly higher timing yesterday and I was even faster. The motor came off the track at 124 degrees after running it for what had to be close to 10 minutes straight. About 10 degrees cooler than the gearing and slightly lower timing I had settled on before. The fastest time on my track for non boost this season is 10 seconds flat. Yesterday I turned a 10.1. I have only been driving touring car since Oct. time frame and they had the doors open so the track was a little dusty but there is not doubt that with race day like conditions the car and motor is there. In the hands of a better skilled driver, that time might even fall. Anyway, I was on the verge of going back to LRP, that is until I got this motor. Thanks Thunderpower and I would recommend this motor to anyone, anyone but the people at my track I am racing against.LOL
wonder who told you that???
Old 03-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For those of you that are new to this motor, I have found that going 1-2 teeth smaller on your piniom in comparison to a Duo 3 based motor is a solid starting point. I have also found about 30 deg of timing seems to be a good starting point for blinky classes. Anything more just makes the motor heat up or have a funky powerband. Hope that helps!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone measured the gauss on the rotor for one of these yet?

Skiddins
Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why that would be you who told me that bro. I listen. Lmao

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.