R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Smile can this be done?

Could i use a Velineon VXL-3M Waterproof brushless 4000KV on a touring car such as tamiya TT-01 or tc4/tc5
JonasRafael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasRafael View Post
Could i use a Velineon VXL-3M Waterproof brushless 4000KV on a touring car such as tamiya TT-01 or tc4/tc5
Yes, you can use a VXL-3M as long as its paired with a pinion that will not cause the motor or ESC to get too hot. Start with a small pinion and check your temps.

By the way, I cannot confirm that the motor mounting holes will match up.
Buzzerbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to FSSmikey

is that the 380 from the 1/16th slash/e-revo?
FSSmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzerbro View Post
Yes, you can use a VXL-3M as long as its paired with a pinion that will not cause the motor or ESC to get too hot. Start with a small pinion and check your temps.

By the way, I cannot confirm that the motor mounting holes will match up.
Dude, i need you guys help. I own a e-revo 1/16 so i was thinking about selling it as a roller and the electrics i could buy a roller tc3 or tc4, or even a tamiya TT01 and make it run.. but here is the thing.. an e-revo 1/16 is able to run on everthing, such as asfalt, dirt, grass or whatever but it rollover all time.. but a the same time i want a on-road car.. F***, i don't know what to do

Do you gguys know any car that is really good at on-road and at he same time at off-road? :S
Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSSmikey View Post
is that the 380 from the 1/16th slash/e-revo?
ye its from a e-revo 1/16
Old 01-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to FSSmikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasRafael View Post
Dude, i need you guys help. I own a e-revo 1/16 so i was thinking about selling it as a roller and the electrics i could buy a roller tc3 or tc4, or even a tamiya TT01 and make it run.. but here is the thing.. an e-revo 1/16 is able to run on everthing, such as asfalt, dirt, grass or whatever but it rollover all time.. but a the same time i want a on-road car.. F***, i don't know what to do

Do you gguys know any car that is really good at on-road and at he same time at off-road? :S
why not convert it to the new traxxas rally car?

just swap out the arms and drive shafts. some new wheels, body posts.
FSSmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSSmikey View Post
why not convert it to the new traxxas rally car?

just swap out the arms and drive shafts. some new wheels, body posts.
yeh, i was thinking about making that, i already made the parts list

What i want is a real looking car.. there is no e-revo at 1:1 scale in real life

Would be nice an on-road car with more ground clearance, i dont know if you understand me..maybe i could put a rally shocks on my e-revo 1/16 and then i have a an on-road car for speed/ skate park
Old 01-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I run the standard VXL-3S Velineon system in one of my TC4s, but I am not sure about the smaller VXL-3M setup. That motor and speed control are made for smaller cars/trucks. The standard VXL builds up plenty of heat after a few minutes of constant running so I would bet the smaller VXL system would not be a good match for a 1/10th touring car (if it does fit). I use cooling fans on the motor and speed control which keeps temps at a reasonable level in my TC4. The full size Velineon works great with the fans and makes a very fast/reliable car.

Attached Thumbnails
can this be done?-tc4-velineon.jpg  
Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky View Post
I run the standard VXL-3S Velineon system in one of my TC4s, but I am not sure about the smaller VXL-3M setup. That motor and speed control are made for smaller cars/trucks. The standard VXL builds up plenty of heat after a few minutes of constant running so I would bet the smaller VXL system would not be a good match for a 1/10th touring car (if it does fit). I use cooling fans on the motor and speed control which keeps temps at a reasonable level in my TC4. The full size Velineon works great with the fans and makes a very fast/reliable car.

I'll stay with the e-revo 1/16 for NOW

I'll save for a brushed touring car 1/10