Old 08-27-2004, 02:44 PM   #108

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Jpilone

it says they are in stock now,and they are $139.99

where the he|| did you see $99.99?
Jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 03:39 PM   #109
Tech Master

This is good news!!! I guess with the return of MotoGP to the US, they just cant resist not bringing it back.
forty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:49 AM   #110
Tech Regular

YES THE PRICE DID GOT UP ON THEM. IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, YOU CAN BUY THEM FORM HONG KONG FOR ABOUT $99 BUT $20 SHIPPING AND IT COMES CLOSE TO $139 ANYWAY.
Vue Vang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 08:16 PM   #111
Tech Elite

I'm still undecided what I'm doing with my FM1e... I need a new front rim and forks... I can't use the stock front wheel because I'm using a NF front brake setup.... My front forks are so worn from use that they just wobble... I'm really considering a Kyosho with all the hop-ups but by the time I get it and have it ready to run it'll be winter here...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 08:48 PM   #112
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
I'm still undecided what I'm doing with my FM1e... I need a new front rim and forks... I can't use the stock front wheel because I'm using a NF front brake setup.... My front forks are so worn from use that they just wobble... I'm really considering a Kyosho with all the hop-ups but by the time I get it and have it ready to run it'll be winter here...
Check out the "Partial USD fork mod" thread over on RCgroups. The stock TT forks are really weak, and always tend to wiggle and wobble after very little abuse. I've done a partial USD mod and changed out the cheap plastic internal sliders for longer nylon ones, with rubber grommets for dampening, all held in place with 4X30 mm hex bolts. Most of us have also added 1/10 car springs on the upper legs to help the wimpy stock springs. The front forks can be made to perform very well, and be very solid, they just need some work from the stock setup!

Also, CNR has just come out with alum wheel sets, $50 for F and R. The front has a hex hub for brakes. If you have an NF front brake kit, it will need a spacer to fit properly, but can be made to work with the CNR wheels.

HTH

STeve B in NC
mollycbr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:15 PM   #113
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by E-volo
YES THE PRICE DID GOT UP ON THEM. IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, YOU CAN BUY THEM FORM HONG KONG FOR ABOUT $99 BUT $20 SHIPPING AND IT COMES CLOSE TO $139 ANYWAY.
I see Kyosho HORs on e-bay all the time, NIB, for $69 bucks "buy it now" option. Most of them are the dinball.com online store, but others have them on there as well. I got one maybe 2 years ago from dinball off ebay. I don't order online from the dinball website, as I got burned before by them, but I think they watch their P's and Q's with their e-bay store. It got to NC in about a week-10 days. Shipping was maybe $20. If I was lookng for another Kyosho HOR, I'd just get it there. As it stands now, my r/c bike pit area contains twelve 1/5 and 1/8 bikes, so I'm not really looking.

But a quick search on e-bay shows 2 Suzuki's, and quite a few hop-ups. Usually there is a lot more. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...917718724&rd=1

Just passing it on.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #114
Tech Elite

Quote:
Check out the "Partial USD fork mod" thread over on RCgroups
If you'll notice I did a little bumping last night... I'm at wits end with the forks, comon sense would tell me to replace them, but I do lack common sense... The chrome is well worn off of them...

I had been contemplating what you did... My biggest problem is finding Metric screws around here...

I was checking out the new aluminum wheels, they look nice... I'm partial to the reduced weight of the delrin one's but I guess occasionally cracking a wheel is part of the game...

What's the deal with needing a spacer and is dave supplying them?
Old 08-30-2004, 05:35 AM   #115
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by vtl1180ny
If you'll notice I did a little bumping last night... I'm at wits end with the forks, comon sense would tell me to replace them, but I do lack common sense... The chrome is well worn off of them...

I had been contemplating what you did... My biggest problem is finding Metric screws around here...

I was checking out the new aluminum wheels, they look nice... I'm partial to the reduced weight of the delrin one's but I guess occasionally cracking a wheel is part of the game...

What's the deal with needing a spacer and is dave supplying them?
You should be able to get the metric screws at any good hobby shop. If not, replacement forks are $26 bucks at ehobbies.

I used to like the delrins, but went back to alum for the stability. With the b/l motors, especially the Hacker, the front end was just too squirrelly with the light wheels. Plus, I cracked 2 of them over a few months time.

There is a bit of difference in the -width- of the hex hub between NF and CNR wheels. The spacer is for Pat's brakes to fit to an NF hub, as the brakes were designed to fit the CNR wheels. If you need the spacer, Pat sends it for free. It doesn't have anything to do with the CNR alum wheels fitting to the bike, just with Pat's brakes fitting onto NF wheels.

STeve B in NC
Old 08-30-2004, 07:03 AM   #116
Tech Elite

Quote:
You should be able to get the metric screws at any good hobby shop.

Actually, my local hardware store carries metric hardware, they are all phillips head, doesn't really matter anyway...

I did the same thing to my forks that you did, yesterday... They are much, much better now... I still need to add a little more preload to them though...

I was going to order the 5 spoke yamaha rims today, but they must be out of stock...

I also think I'm not going to use the front brake anymore...
Old 08-30-2004, 07:32 AM   #117
Tech Regular

YOU ARE RIGHT. THAT WAS MY BAD. 69.99
Vue Vang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 07:55 AM   #118
Tech Elite

You can pretty much get them delivered to you anywhere for under $100 USD....
Old 08-30-2004, 09:58 AM   #119
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero
Default Sittin out...............

Guys, for the past month, my NSR has been sittin in a box! I was so dissapointed int the Gruapner 300 motor that I set the bike down and focused on my helis. And this stupid electric heli pissed me off even more! I can't say I regret getting it because I wanted it over getting the necessary parts need to make my bike faster. So, now all of my r/c stuff will be put aside as I get ready to redeploy back to Iraq. When I get back, I'll concentrate on the bike to get it where you guy bikes are.

but first, I gotta get the bling bling for my Beemer!!!

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 10:02 AM   #120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero
Default Oh crap, I forgot!

I was looking at the bike recently (yup, in the box) and I wondered has anyone did a fiberglass molding of the cowling and stuff? I wonder how light it would be if the body was made out of fiberglass rather than plastic?

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote