Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Found on one18th.com:

http://www.one18th.com/watermark.php?pic=3&id=2917

http://www.one18th.com/watermark.php?pic=4&id=2917
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:43 PM   #47
Tech Adept

go to rcgroups.com for there mototorcycle forum it covers reviews ,projects of every r/c motorcycycle there is. .there was just the 1st r/c motorcycle nationals in vegas. the 5th scales are the most popular by far. the nitro NF will easily do 45. they have guys running brushless and everything you can imagine.
laro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:22 PM   #48

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Jpilone

I just got home from hangin out with two other friends with bikes.. we had a blast! we set up a simple tri-oval in a parking lot and went to it!

at least till I got T boned by one and it broke a gear inside my trans... thankfully I've got steel trans gears en route...
Jpilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:30 PM   #49
Tech Initiate

Default R/C mto nitro

Thanks all of you for the info. I will check out all the leads. Nice pics and vids. I ran these cycles about 25 years ago. I was in high school and my parents owned a hobby shop. Interlake Hobbies in Seattle Washington. I remember a rep comming in and handing me the moto police bike and let me drive it for about a month. It never broke on me and we sold alot of them. Hope to see you at the races.
GOTdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:18 PM   #50
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6
There is a heavy flywheel inside the front tire, sorta like a metal inner tube. This produce the gyro effect that keeps the bike upright. No, there are no training wheels. You have to push it to start it. If you are experienced enough, you can even make doughnuts/circles while the bike lays on its side while feathering the throttle until the bike sets itself upright.
so this heavy flywheel inside the front tire is the factor why this motorcycle r/c couldn't go as fast as possible.. Maybe the next generation motorcycle r/c would make the difference... tnx for the reply bro!..
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:51 PM   #51
Tech Elite

This something I would seriously consider purchasing simply because it's different.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:58 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6
There is a heavy flywheel inside the front tire, sorta like a metal inner tube. This produce the gyro effect that keeps the bike upright. No, there are no training wheels. You have to push it to start it. If you are experienced enough, you can even make doughnuts/circles while the bike lays on its side while feathering the throttle until the bike sets itself upright.

there are two other way you can get it started. There is the bike stand, which all you do is slighly turn the wheel and the bike kicks off the stand ( which is cool to watch done right) then the other way is you lay the bike on its side, and slowly apply the throttle. The bike will start circleling until you are able to straighten the bike and drive away!

Just get you timing right when you do that or you will be going the wrong way!

‎"We fight not because we hate what's in front of us...
We fight to protect whats behind us."
GundamWZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:10 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Send a message via MSN to GundamWZero Send a message via Yahoo to GundamWZero Send a message via Skype™ to GundamWZero

Quote:
Originally posted by Wency_TA03R-PRO
so this heavy flywheel inside the front tire is the factor why this motorcycle r/c couldn't go as fast as possible.. Maybe the next generation motorcycle r/c would make the difference... tnx for the reply bro!..
hold up......there is a lightweight flywheel that performs the same function but with less rotating mass, it'll add a little more acceleration to the bike.......

Then since the Kyosho NSR500 dosen't come with inserts for the rear, I am sure that if you add a insert to the rear tire, like a medium compound insert, you may add a little more grip too.

But even after all the mods, it'll still be slower than the 1/10 cars, even the micros..........due to its limited drivetrain, no top end speed. But like Jpilone said, its about scale appearence and its riders function that makes it fun to drive, especially when you have 6 guys, all motocycles, running a road course.

Old 08-04-2004, 01:26 AM   #54
Tech Master

Exclamation

ok.. tnx for the option on installing insert on the rear tire to compensate the speed and balance of the motorcyle...

Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:47 AM   #55
Tech Elite

I've had a TTR 1/5th for a few years and it's nice to see more interest brewing in the motorcycles...

There are a few companies out there that make 1/5th... Thunder Tiger and Nuova Faor are basically the same motorcycle and the most popular... The TTR is electric only but you can get the NF in Nitro.... There's also Bergonzini (sp?) I don't know much about them... I think there are a few others but I have yet to find them or parts for them...

The 1/8th Kyosho has actually been around for many years and supposedly out of production, but they may have recently reintroduced it...

The only place in the state I know of for hop-ups in Crazy Nut, ehobbies carries spare TTR parts... My TTR is in need of new front forks and I cracked a delrin front wheel so I'm out of comission till Crazy Nut finnishes their move and makes more front wheels...

I've been seriously thinking about getting the Kyosho because of the realism of the rider moving...

I used to race motorcycles, I'm in the process of selling off my real bikes because of a neck injury I sustained in a car accident 4 years ago so this is all the riding I get to do...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 09:16 AM   #56

Kyosho still has the bike on their japan website under products...

That would lead me to beleive they are still making them..

A friend of mine recently returned from hong kong, with a hopped up kyosho bike. He said the bikes have a strong following over there.

Over here in the states, they have a mild "cult" following.. I am now a member of this elite group

I've had mine for a matter of weeks and I am hooked bigtime!
Old 08-04-2004, 10:20 AM   #57
Tech Elite

Default Hooked Big Time?

Man when I saw the Bike in the hobby store, I bought it on the spot!

How did you do on assembly? I am curious to know what servo you used? A low-profile servo or a standard size servo? I had to custom fit my standard servo to fit. Which in turn lost my correct positioning of my rear shock. It didn't matter, cause when the final assembly was made and the bike ran, it was no problems here.

Old 08-04-2004, 10:57 AM   #58
Tech Elite

I love my TTR, hate the front forks... I may get a NF front fork assembly and put that on... What we need is someone to make a true oil damped/preload adjustable fork for the TTR and NF bikes... Eventually I'm going to get a Nitro bike, I just haven't decided which one...

I think I'm going to get the kyosho in the next few weeks though...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:44 AM   #59

Default Re: Hooked Big Time?

I put mine together in about 3.5 hrs with no problems..

I used the futaba MCR unit which includes a micro servo for the steering and the esc/receiver (one unit), which I use a traxxas radio in conjunction with ($10 from ebay)

however, a good alternative would be to use an entire Mini-T setup. the mini T uses the micro servo and the esc/receiver in one unit... You can also find these on ebay for a good deal (people buy miniT's and strip the radio out to install high tech systems, then sell the original radio and electrics on ebay).

Quote:
Originally posted by GundamWZero
Man when I saw the Bike in the hobby store, I bought it on the spot!

How did you do on assembly? I am curious to know what servo you used? A low-profile servo or a standard size servo? I had to custom fit my standard servo to fit. Which in turn lost my correct positioning of my rear shock. It didn't matter, cause when the final assembly was made and the bike ran, it was no problems here.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:45 AM   #60

Here's a good link to a club in california dedicated to r/c bikes

http://rcmcc.tripod.com