R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-01-2004, 03:00 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Tire/wheel unbalanced effects

I've recently noticed on my Evo2 [and previously on my V1RR as well], that even after trueing the foams, a noticeable shimmy/wobble exists. I've even trued the sides of the tires/wheels and have come to the conclusion that it may be a tire/wheel balancing issue.

While on the lathe or the car, usually the right front and left rear tires [on both cars] behave the same way. I have checked the hubs and drive parts and replaced them with new parts and/or tires with no elimination of the shimmy.

Am I off on this? Could it be an issue of diffs being off set to one side of center? Is it tire/wheel balancing? Is there something I'm missing.

Both cars handle fairly consistent [unless the operator gets too frisky, stupid or daring on the track, LOL] and the settings stay right on mark.

You may have noticed the question in the Xray forum, but was looking for a fast answer [we should all be at the track right now, huh?]

Thanks!
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 08:09 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Someone has to have some idea of what I'm experiencing.

Any wisdom to be shared?

^5s
Old 08-01-2004, 08:53 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you see it at low speed its just warped wheels. If you only see it at high speed than its a balance issue. That said I have never seen a set of foams so out of balance that they vibrate. They just dont have that much mass to them.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:22 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Thanks for the response.

I'll check it out and check for characteristics.

^5