Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Anyone ever try making their own chassis? >

Anyone ever try making their own chassis?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever try making their own chassis?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

it ended up being tweaked
Old 10-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Holy crap stop bumping ancient threads....
Old 10-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is no BS. Back in the day when concrete oval was big I was racing a Delta 1/12. I did pretty well with it. One guy commented that "he could win with plywood" then the dares started, oh boy. I got some 1/4 inch and drew it out over the chassis the bolted the pod on. Raceday came and I felt like an idiot for doing it. 34 entries in that class I came in 3rd in the A main. I still have the car.
A "LOT" of luck was involved on that one. I guess the others wanted to stay back and wait for the flames.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Back in the days I always made my spare chassis. Every Tues night I went to high school shop and made them or other custom parts. Also a very well know person started his company doing a carbon fibre chassis (1/12th) by hand at a major race.Just ran into him last week. The company now makes helmets . Does the name Composite Craft( Kim Davis) ring a bell.The chassis he was making was for Art Carbonell (Delta)at the Winter Nationals in Orlando.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Back in the days I always made my spare chassis. Every Tues night I went to high school shop and made them or other custom parts. Also a very well know person started his company doing a carbon fibre chassis (1/12th) by hand at a major race.Just ran into him last week. The company now makes helmets . Does the name Composite Craft( Kim Davis) ring a bell.The chassis he was making was for Art Carbonell (Delta)at the Winter Nationals in Orlando.
Good lawd yes I remember those guys. Art was a master at rc racing back in the day. I compared him to John Desoto from Hawaii for throwing the smack on all the newbies im MX racing. Those were the days.