R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #31
Tech Elite
 
BoneCrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,195
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Hi Ivan
You're going that's cool..who else is going ?
Hey Franko,

Still many months away so just gathering info and deciding. My girlfriend's relatives live in Union City so we have a place to stay (i hope) that's close to the track. Haven't been to a big race or outside of Canada for a race so thought i'd try. Will drum up some interest at our club and see who may want to go too. If the IIC is a go this year may try to make that too.

You planning to attend?

Ivan
__________________
ARC R10, 12R5.1, Tamiya Mini, MTS FFv2 Pro, Exotek F1
carcar.ca
BoneCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #32
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Ivan.. Union City IS where the race is being held, so your set. your skill level is more then enough to attend so I wouldn't worry about that. its a great place with great racers, (except for that one guy) and I'm sure you'll have a blast.
__________________
semi retired..
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #33
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,799
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
Hey Franko,

Still many months away so just gathering info and deciding. My girlfriend's relatives live in Union City so we have a place to stay (i hope) that's close to the track. Haven't been to a big race or outside of Canada for a race so thought i'd try. Will drum up some interest at our club and see who may want to go too. If the IIC is a go this year may try to make that too.

You planning to attend?

Ivan
You are right ..there is many months away...lol
I'm not sure about going ...My wife doesn't want to go there ..there's nothing for her..just maybe I could ask my wife to have her girl friend to tag along and go shopping ....lol

(Are you only allowed to enter in 1 class) I thought the was funny,,because of knowing you , running three or more classes are just right for you...lol

If i don't go...maybe I'll come up to Calgary... but only one condition ,if you can get Dwayne come back to racing ....
btw ,this guy Skypilot is cool and he will help you out...he is an old guy like me ..but he's smooth ...
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #34
Tech Elite
 
BoneCrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,195
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Ivan.. Union City IS where the race is being held, so your set. your skill level is more then enough to attend so I wouldn't worry about that. its a great place with great racers, (except for that one guy) and I'm sure you'll have a blast.
Thanks Skypilot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
You are right ..there is many months away...lol
I'm not sure about going ...My wife doesn't want to go there ..there's nothing for her..just maybe I could ask my wife to have her girl friend to tag along and go shopping ....lol

(Are you only allowed to enter in 1 class) I thought the was funny,,because of knowing you , running three or more classes are just right for you...lol

If i don't go...maybe I'll come up to Calgary... but only one condition ,if you can get Dwayne come back to racing ....
btw ,this guy Skypilot is cool and he will help you out...he is an old guy like me ..but he's smooth ...
It would be nice to run 3 classes to get 'my money's worth'. Would probably get annihilated in the faster classes or be a moving pylon but I guess that's a good way to practice another skill. A club member of mine made it down to watch last year and said he had a great time even in the pits saying a lot of the pros / experience drivers were really friendly and willing to share 'speed secrets'. That's nice to hear.

You're welcome anytime in Calgary Franko (and any other racers out there visiting) but Dwayne's out for the time being. He does have 4 kids!

And old don't mean slow...

Ivan
__________________
ARC R10, 12R5.1, Tamiya Mini, MTS FFv2 Pro, Exotek F1
carcar.ca
BoneCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #35
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
You are right ..there is many months away...lol
I'm not sure about going ...My wife doesn't want to go there ..there's nothing for her..just maybe I could ask my wife to have her girl friend to tag along.
Franko, she can go to the beach in Santa Cruz one day, theres a huge mall complex close to the track, she could drive out to Livermore and see the Nuke plant, Arlene Ness motorcycles, the "Pits" in Pleasanton, all kinds of stuff to do. "Niles" the original Hollywood. Misson Peak hike. lots and lots.

and its only 3 1/2 - 4 hours to Lake Tahoe
__________________
semi retired..
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #36
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
Just wondering:

1. Are you only allowed to enter in 1 class?
2. How much track time do you get for the controlled practices on Thursday/Friday?
3. What time is the last race on Sunday usually done for the Invitational (so i can watch and then go to the airport)?
4. Is it okay for an intermediate driver (that's me) to run in this event?

Thanks for your time,

Ivan
Typically you are only allowed to enter one class. To fit the actual racing into two days, a 300 entry race can't work. If there is room under the limit a second class may be allowed.

Controlled practice is 4 runs per day. There may be some open practice before controlled to help dial in the track.

We try to finish the last race and have the trophies handed out before 4.

Your skill level does not matter. You will have a great time and learn a lot. Plus the good thing about the Norcal track is that it is very large with pretty wide lanes. Drivers of different skill levels don't get in each other's way like they might on a tight indoor track.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:58 PM   #37
Tech Elite
 
BoneCrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 2,195
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Typically you are only allowed to enter one class. To fit the actual racing into two days, a 300 entry race can't work. If there is room under the limit a second class may be allowed.

Controlled practice is 4 runs per day. There may be some open practice before controlled to help dial in the track.

We try to finish the last race and have the trophies handed out before 4.

Your skill level does not matter. You will have a great time and learn a lot. Plus the good thing about the Norcal track is that it is very large with pretty wide lanes. Drivers of different skill levels don't get in each other's way like they might on a tight indoor track.
Thanks Rick! You're answers are much appreciated.

Dumb question but how do the controlled practice work (5 minute run 1x every 2 hours?) and usually how long during the day (9 am to 5 pm?)?

Ivan
__________________
ARC R10, 12R5.1, Tamiya Mini, MTS FFv2 Pro, Exotek F1
carcar.ca
BoneCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:50 AM   #38
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,372
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Controlled practice is run like heat races 5 minutes.
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #39
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
Thanks Rick! You're answers are much appreciated.

Dumb question but how do the controlled practice work (5 minute run 1x every 2 hours?) and usually how long during the day (9 am to 5 pm?)?

Ivan
Yeah it could be 2 hours between runs. The practice is run in pre-set heats so you know exactly when you run again.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #40
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Will modified be running for 5 or 6 mins this year?
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #41
Tech Elite
 
pakk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,077
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

any details on specific classes and rules? How about some pan car classes? WGT and 12th is fairly popular at Norcal right now.

I know it is early, but it is time to start getting ready.
__________________
*Photon* *SC10 4x4*
RCRD
pakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #42
wad
Tech Elite
 
wad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 2,283
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default

Looking forward to this race... I will be there for some electric action....
__________________
Walter Diaz
wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #43
Tech Addict
 
Aja Archibald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 724
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Outdoor is quickly approaching, See you guys in May,,,
__________________
Team Schumacher USA www.racing-cars.com// Team Sweep Racing Tires USA www.sweepracingusa.com// Hobbywing UK // Atomic USA www.rcatomic.com // SkyRocket Racing www.skyrocketracing.com // UPGRADE RC Products www.upgrade-Rc.com // Champion Hobby // Maj's Hobby // Crispy Critters // AbsoluteHobbyz.com // LAB Motors // Clockwork Racing Engines
Aja Archibald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #44
Tech Adept
 
E Vasutin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 104
Default

A reminder, you can check www.norcal-hobbies.com/reedyrace for lodging and travel information.

The classes this year are:

Open Touring Car
17.5 Open Touring Car
17.5 Non-Ramping Touring Car

The 17.5NR class is only available to non-chassis sponsored drivers only.

You can sign up for 2 classes - but they can't be Modified and 17.5NR. 17.5NR and 17.5 Open or 17.5 Open and Open.

Sign-Ups are open to the first 160 entries.
E Vasutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #45
Tech Elite
 
Chris08527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 732
Posts: 2,154
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Vasutin View Post
A reminder, you can check www.norcal-hobbies.com/reedyrace for lodging and travel information.

The classes this year are:

Open Touring Car
17.5 Open Touring Car
17.5 Non-Ramping Touring Car

The 17.5NR class is only available to non-chassis sponsored drivers only.

You can sign up for 2 classes - but they can't be Modified and 17.5NR. 17.5NR and 17.5 Open or 17.5 Open and Open.

Sign-Ups are open to the first 160 entries.
WOW . . . i really like that class structure and the rules about how you can run them 17.5NR and 17.5 open or 17.5 open and open mod, hope others are watching and follow for the 2011 outdoor season!!!
__________________
"Hello How 'bout that ride in? I guess thats why they call it Sin City." Alan Garner~"I play the drums, I'm good as hell" Richie Rich
Chris08527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 Reedy Race of Champions E Vasutin Electric On-Road 371 06-14-2010 02:08 AM
Reedy Race of Champions Off Road Yatabe 2009 ray_munday Australian Racing 28 03-09-2009 09:07 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:24 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net