R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #556
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbspeterson View Post
The kid is a stud, I have had the pleasure of racing this young man a few times, and yes, I have been the victim of a "rookie" mistake by Andrew in the past ( I have also watched him do things on the racetrack that are simply amazing..I would of like to see the pass he put on Goetz at the Winter Blast at the Gate in Jan.) But you know what, we all make those mistakes, I feel it to be part of what we do. I think the kid is great, and in no time at all he will be running with the top drivers in this sport. I was not there, I did not see anything, but from the outside, as a fan of the hobby, bashing anyone after a National Event doesnt make anyone look good. Andrew keep your head up, and I look forward to racing in the future.

Cory, are you and Andrew coming down to the Gate for the Grand Finale, (April 2-3)?

Mike Wise-
Chubbs has also been know to make a few rookie mistakes, like taking out the points leader in the Grand slam only to have him lose the series.

Andrew will be at the Finale and you better be ready because seaball and Andrew are ready for revenge!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #557
Tech Elite

Default NAT's Thank You's

Well got up at 4:00am again this morning but that was after sleeping almost all day... WOW my Batt's were dumped for sure.... where do I start there were so many that made this event go off so well.

We'll start with my best friend Rick whom I started this thing 10 years ago in his back yard when we built TZR. he has been busy with his family and work but he was there on the couple key days that got the major part of the green room up.

The rest of the guys who were there on the work weekends, Kevin Rogers, Clete Landefeld, Jack Balchin, Roger Christal, Bruce Gremboski, Rob Undrhil, Darrell Skelton, Dana McKee, Troy McKune, Dave Ehrlich, Andy Wells, Deanna and Patrick Morehead, and the rest of the Hooligans...... and our newest Hooligan Bill Deras. he was our first arrival and helped out on Monday and Tuesday before the event. Also Tim Copp for some last minute electrical work

The Seattle Area Racers, who made the green room greener... thanks for the hassle you guys went through to get the carpet down here.

and of course our sponsors.

Corally USA
Jaco
CRC
Mckune Designs

Tekin
Team Powers
Seattle Area Racers
CRC
RC America
Top Racing USA
Novak

and our associate sponsors

Orca, Viper RC, RC Trim, EDS Tools, EF Designs, On-Time Services, Lunsford, KL Mason, EA motorsports, Molzer Mowery.....

A big thanks to the folks like Steve Ashby, Thunder Power, Trinity, and the others that added to the giveaway items... sorry we waited to Sunday, but there were some deserving winners.

BIG HUGE Thanks to Jim Dieter for being in the building the whole time to support the Trinity motors, and also making the weekend for some of our locals during the 21.5 Tech Fiasco and for throwing us some stuff in the shop for the guys... we will give a couple away to the club guys through the rest of the season.

Jim Skinner at Thunder Power for the same support and making sure we had motors in the case to get to the guys as well as help on the 21.5 issue.

Big Thanks also to Drew Ellis, who helped work through keeping me calm and getting tires for the event, even though there were some availability issue before the event.

CRC for sending the team and supporting the event, and for allowing me to join the best team in RC, I put the little car in the shown and got my $20 bucks back from Dumper...

And to all the racers and families who took the time off work, the money, and for traveling so many miles to come race at our "track of dreams", I always and will continue to say it.... it is one of the best tracks in the states but it is sooooo much better when it is filled with racers.... you guys make a great place even better.

As far as the track incidents I understand the emotion... I started 7th in my A's and never finished lap 1 better than dead last.... even in the B's... so we all know how quickly it can change... I think the whole deal is we are driving these little things at 10/10th, but we are not in the cars.... openings and holes that appear to be there for the taking are not always there when you get there.....

I am sure I have forgot some of folks and I'm sorry... it will take a few days to recover from this...

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #558
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
Chubbs has also been know to make a few rookie mistakes, like taking out the points leader in the Grand slam only to have him lose the series.

This is true....and very sad as well.

There will be no revenge......
"I vowed to never let this happen.."
chubbspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:27 AM   #559
Tech Elite

See I told you I would forget someone.... it would be ROAR and the RMT.... Bob, Alex, Steve, and Jimmy. I was wiped out from weeks of work on the place when the rolled into town, and after a little network, LiveRC, and some printer issued were addressed, the show went smoothly, and the turned me from a promoter into a racer overnight.... Thank you for allowing me to run (3) classes at my own track would not have happend without their help.

Also HUGE thanks to Grant and Jeff, Alex and Aaron Statts for the long hours at Tech.. WOW True Superstars..

Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 08:00 AM   #560
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post

Also HUGE thanks to Grant and Jeff, Alex and Aaron Statts for the long hours at Tech.. WOW True Superstars..

Thanks
In all the Sunday hustle, these guys managed to get away with out me thanking them personally for their help. They adapted well and fast to their assigned tasks and made my job in tech a lot easier. If you could thank them for me I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!!

Steve McLaughlin
ROAR RMT
www.motorists.org
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #561
Tech Elite

Thanks Steve yeah for sure.. you guys were great.

SEE I TOLD YOU THERE'S MORE:

A big huge thanks to Sonny Brown at Horizon/Spectrum who sent us a HUGE box of shirts, spectrum receivers, servo, and other Cool stuff. you made a bunch of guys happy.

Dave Arnold also through us some Team Tamale stuff for the wall, some cool Alum stuff for the associated cars, and some tires again made some of the guys super happy.

Kelly Lunsford, and Jim helped out with and associate sponsors and some cool give away items.

The manufactures and teams that gave us stuff made the box so huge it was hard to get through it all, and we will make sure to give them props for the rest of the season...

Thanks you thank you.... there is more to come for sure....
Old 03-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #562
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to joeymdz

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR145 View Post
Sasquatch in his summer coat... ????
hahaha NOW thats funny!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #563
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Cory98604

This was my first Nats race I have attended and I wanted to say it was great, it was worth it. And Thanks to Mark and all the Timezone's crew that have helped me since I have started racing. Great time and Great place!!!!!!!
Cory98604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #564
Tech Master

Wow what can I say. Mark and Rick thanks for having such a great place to race and caring about racing in the states. To all the locals thanks for treating me like it was my home track, some of the coolest people. The race was one of the best Roar Nats I have been to. The skill level at this race was really high, which I feel shows on-road is making a come back. Thanks again to Mark, GREAT JOB!!!! Thanks to all the Timezone guys that made this happen and putting such a great event together. The RMT crew did a great job, if I had it my way you guys would be the one and only RMT crew for all on-road Roar racing.

Thanks to Dana, Patrick, Mark and Rick for making me feel like this was my home. You guys are great.

Congrats to all the winners..

Thanks Drew
Old 03-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #565
Tech Master

Congrats to all the winners as well as the entire Timezone crew and RMT for a great event. Also a big thanks to Brian Wynn. He told me I had to be there and helped set things up with Mr. Erlich for me to have a couch to crash on and a ride to the track!! Thanks again guys!!

It was awesome to see so many young/fast racers at this event. To me this proves that on-road is alive and well with a great future of up and coming racers!! Yes, there were some mistakes but ask Blackstock how many times we crashed each other over the years!! Ask Joel how many times he crashed with Blackstock!! It's a learning process and it takes time in race conditions. You can't practice on that stage with the nerves and intensity at full force.

Thanks to Andrew, Drew, EA, Lemieux, Brian, Max, Dave, Dumper, Fred and everyone pitting around us for the great time this weekend!! Oh, and sorry to Ty's mom for being.....well, us...lol...
Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #566
Tech Fanatic

Default thanks

ah...the high stakes drama of rc car racing

It was an event filled weekend for sure, first with the orca speed controls and then with the incidents between Andrew and Canyon. I think it is time for everyone to just forgive and forget. These types of things are often not black and white, which brings personal bias into the opinions. We all have our personal bias. The point I am trying to make here is that it was very unfortunate situation that was a result of no ill intent by Andrew and I am sure no ill intent by Canyon in the heat of his frustration. I think both drivers are outstanding drivers and we all make mistakes on the track and off the track in the heat of the moment. It is the nature of highly competitive racing. It is time to forgive, forget and move in.

In one of the qualifiers on Sunday after I made a mistake and was following Canyon closely I made a mistake and got into him in a hairpin, which I felt like a idiot for doing. At the time I hit him he was on a TQ run and that lap when I hit him he lost some time. When you look at that lap and his final time, my hit did not cause him to loose the TQ, but I still felt like a turd. I could make excuses here about me not having set the brake strong enough on the tekin which I was not familiar with, but I am not doing that...it was my fault...no excuses. Right after the race I apologized to him and he responded very well by saying "no problem, were good". So in my opinion Canyon reacted to my stupid move with good professionalism. I think though if you consider the frustration that my move must has caused him along with two situations with Andrew, his frustration level must have been very high, so I think we need to cut him some slack for voicing his frustration, just like we are asking him to cut Andrew some slack. I watched the videos of both races where Andrew got into Canyon and I think depending on your bias you could make an argument either way on the first incident and probably even the second incident, which is kinda my point above....we all have our bias, and we should recognize that, so lets forgive, forget and move one. We all make mistakes, so lets own up to our mistakes, and accept the apologies that others give us.

The orca speedo issue was an interesting one for sure, and I hope that Orca and ROAR get this figured out quickly. I was initially in shock about the hole thing especially when I was informed that we would be banned from the event including the modified class, especially not knowing about the illegal speedo issue until ROAR informed us at the end of the first day of qualifying. As much as people like to give ROAR a hard time, I have to say, after going through this experience with them, I see they do approach things in a reasonable manner. After I talked to the ROAR president on the phone and provided him with my point of view on this situation he agreed to let us continue to race in mod, and just loose our first day of qualifying results. The ROAR president did not have to do that, so I want to say thank you once again for allowing us racers to get on with racing. I may not agree with the banning of all drivers running orca products for the rest of the weekend, even those that had run the legal MK1 version of the speedo, and therefore at no time where illegal, but I also know that being the ROAR president is a very difficult and thankless job. So this was a very difficult situation for everyone, Orca, ROAR, the drivers etc, but in the end I think it was handled with at least one eye on what roar exists for, which is the drivers.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #567
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

My hats off to everyone involved with the TZ2 track, setup, maintenance, etc...You all have a top notch facility and do an awesome job with everything! Pits were very spacious for once at a National event! The RMT did an excellent job with Tech with very few hiccups though out the week. We pay extra for our entries to support the RMT but in the end its worth every penny of it to me just to be able to see the Track owners such as Mark get to sit back, race and enjoy what hes worked so hard for over the years.....

I used to think that most all Pro Off road guys were stuck up A-holes....but after pitting behind Ty and his Mom (sorry for being such a bad influence last week!) for the week I know that there is at least one super cool off road guy out there that is so easy to talk to and cut up with! Ty may be a young racer but he's way ahead with his racing and attitude! Maybe they can save me a pit spot at the next off road race I go to!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #568
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Well said Martin! Congrats on your dominant weekend as well! Hope to see you with that Xray in the future as well!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #569
Tech Elite

Default Screw drama...we should all be talking about the trophy girl.

My favorite moment of the entire weekend...
Attached Thumbnails
2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-hotty-beast.jpg  
ROAR NATS - '16 & '09 Electric Offroad/'14 & '08 Carpet Onroad/'11 1/8 Electric
'16, '11, '08 BRL NOVAK National Finals
HobbyPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #570
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

wish there were more trophy girls
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote