R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #496
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
the Negative comments from those that didn't attend serve what purpose??

for Mr. I hate On road ever since Barry Baker told me to get the F away from him when I was trying to give him a hand job in the pits.... your such an ass, I hear the guys you do race with put coffee in your gas tank. the only class that didn't have a MOD class was WGT and the only extra stock class was 21.5 so once again you really have no point other then to get people to respond to you so you feel relavent.

for Mister Weaver, aahhhh, what? I'm pretty sure there was a stock and mod class in all classes except WGT

for mister james, well there was a middle class, 21.5 slow, 17.5 middle, mod fast.
Great job Richie, but how could you let Juan beat you??

What speedo were you running??

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #497
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Juan is the better driver, I believe I had the better car up until the mains which allowed me to TQ. Basically I broke Juan's car in A1 giving me the win, A2 we were pretty much equal, but I biffed it, A3 he was faster and I blocked as long as I could, he got by me clean but traffic allowed me to repass him, he was "all up in my ass" when I got it on two wheels and the correction put me into the boards. he was gone and on cruise after that. I feel really bad for Arron and Albert who have to put up with the him on the 12 drive home.

I was running a Novak 1s Kinetic with the 1s stuff removed. Novak Ballistic motor as well
Old 03-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #498
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just wanted to say thanks to the TIMEZONE crew and ROAR for the awesome event. This was my first carpet nationals race and it was definately a work out. Martin Crisp was fast and had an amazing car in 17.5 all weekend.

Congrats to all of the National Champions that were crowned today.

Can't wait till the next one.

Devin Patterson
Old 03-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #499
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Was there a spec traction compound at this race, or was it open to several?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #500
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you to Mark, Rick, and the rest of the TZ2 crew who worked their asses off for weeks preparing for this race. It showed in the quality of the facility, the graciousness of the hosts, and the fun and outstanding racing all weekend. Thank you thank you thank you!

ROAR did their thing, and despite some drama here and there, upheld their end on the technical stuff. It's literally impossible to please and impress everyone all the time, so to the guys who took on the task: well done!

The bar for ROAR Nationals has been raised high. What a great race

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store.
Stand it like a man, and give some back. --Al Swearengen
PutAwayWet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #501
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Guys, I'm going to gather tech info for this race like I did with Snowbirds last month. I'll keep it in a separate thread to avoid cluttering this one up. If you wanna help out, I'll be gathering the info here.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #502
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Out of the Garbage

What Troy Said +
Thanks so much for coming out to WA with us folks, we had a great time meeting all of you and sharing a lot of laughs. I think we were all a little bummed about the drama with the ESC's but no one from the ORCA camp let it stop them from having a good time. I felt the vibe all weekend was great.
All the Team guys were very approachable and friendly which made it not only fun but very educational. Drew Ellis and Paul Lemieux did a great job of sharing setup and driving technics with anyone that would listen. Brian Wynn had a tough week and I STILL saw him smiling and helping folks with their CRC products. Hell, even Martin Crisp was signing auto graphs, but that's another story, nice meet'in Martin

I did see some negative posts from people that could not make it...
Why don't you come out next year and we can call the ROAR official The Gestapo; we'll give new nick names to somebody that we just met; like The Farmer and the Scarecrow. We'll discuss"if" one of the top pros likes boys and why ROAR will not comment on it. We can hear Cyrul's thoughts on the "Youth of Today" and we can tell an author of a well known set up book to "Suck It"

OR.. you can just sit in the stands and have some of Ricky's popcorn, cause it always free at TimeZone.

See you next year!

Clete
Old 03-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #503
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks to everyone at Timezone for the great program this week. Wednesday through Sunday for me was pure carpet racing bliss and a perfect way to cap a really good carpet season. Instead of being spent and burned out I am revitalized and looking forward to next season!

Thank you Bruce @ Speedmerchant, Dieter @ Trinity, Peter @ R/C Trim, Weylin @ Viper R/C, and whoever talked Canyon out of hanging himself after his DQ.

Thanks to ROAR for putting on the show, Jimmy, Bob, Steve, and Alex did a fantastic job this week. Thanks Alex for introducing yourself to the trophy girl over the PA system, that was a new level of depravity that was good for a laugh.
Wes Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:35 AM   #504
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe View Post
Thanks to everyone at Timezone for the great program this week. Wednesday through Sunday for me was pure carpet racing bliss and a perfect way to cap a really good carpet season. Instead of being spent and burned out I am revitalized and looking forward to next season!

Thank you Bruce @ Speedmerchant, Dieter @ Trinity, Peter @ R/C Trim, Weylin @ Viper R/C, and whoever talked Canyon out of hanging himself after his DQ.

Thanks to ROAR for putting on the show, Jimmy, Bob, Steve, and Alex did a fantastic job this week. Thanks Alex for introducing yourself to the trophy girl over the PA system, that was a new level of depravity that was good for a laugh.
Man that DQ just motivated me even more! Too bad some people try to win it on the first lap. Twice. In the same corner. FML.
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:31 AM   #505
Tech Regular

Default results

Where can i find results.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #506
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

there are some on the Capet Nats Tech thread
Old 03-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #507
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellan View Post
Where can i find results.
LIVERC.COM
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #508
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld View Post
What Troy Said +
Thanks so much for coming out to WA with us folks, we had a great time meeting all of you and sharing a lot of laughs. I think we were all a little bummed about the drama with the ESC's but no one from the ORCA camp let it stop them from having a good time. I felt the vibe all weekend was great.
All the Team guys were very approachable and friendly which made it not only fun but very educational. Drew Ellis and Paul Lemieux did a great job of sharing setup and driving technics with anyone that would listen. Brian Wynn had a tough week and I STILL saw him smiling and helping folks with their CRC products. Hell, even Martin Crisp was signing auto graphs, but that's another story, nice meet'in Martin

I did see some negative posts from people that could not make it...
Why don't you come out next year and we can call the ROAR official The Gestapo; we'll give new nick names to somebody that we just met; like The Farmer and the Scarecrow. We'll discuss"if" one of the top pros likes boys and why ROAR will not comment on it. We can hear Cyrul's thoughts on the "Youth of Today" and we can tell an author of a well known set up book to "Suck It"

OR.. you can just sit in the stands and have some of Ricky's popcorn, cause it always free at TimeZone.

See you next year!

Clete

Hey Clete - good fun man ! cheers.
M
Old 03-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #509
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thank you Mark for the oppurtunity to attend a National event in your backyard. You had a dream, built a track and made alot of people happy. I would argue if anyone had a better time than me. I still have a dream of actually racing at a National event since all I really ended up doing is quallifying, since my speedo decided to die post tech for my main.. oh well., car is ready to go for next time I guess..

Randomness..

- ROAR tech serves a purpose, it was a ROAR event, there are rules. It does suck when something like a rotor that came with your spec motor is the wrong one but was nice to walk 100' and talk to someone like Jim Dieter and get the right one. Thank you again Jim!!
-Why not run on carpet for the second time at a National event..
- The NW racers made a statement this weekend
-Some of the best RACING was done in the non boosted classes and proved that it is the way it should be..

Thank you to-
My wife and kids for letting me do this and for driving down to see me on Friday.

Team Panda for allowing me to shack up and be a part of this event, Randy and Rewp for the best pit time ever!

Sean Maybell for being a perfect rep for AE and helping the local AE drivers out and pointing us in the right direction on who to talk to at AE.

Bob S and Sean C from AE for the insight, parts and speedo help.

Kody in general for being him and sheading some light on the get hyped up "music" on the way to the track.

Jimmy "The fking man" Babcock for the mic talk and saying flappers 1000 times.. sorry I couldn't rep the HRH sticker I had on my car a little better but at least I was there..

Deanna for the great coffee all weekend.

TZ Hooligans for the hospitallity..

Thank you all!!!

Summer teeth, fart box, upper decker, Rewp it up.. awesome terms.

Tod Mason, Paul LeMieux was literally standing right behind you.

Kyle,

See you guys again when Mark pulls the carpet up and gets ROAR paved Nats scheduled..
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #510
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yup Mark and Rick and the rest of the Timezone guys put on a great show.

Thanks to everyone that made it happen! I'll be posting more pics on my site http://www.robspics.com throughout the week as I process them.

If you'd like to see more pics of the trophy girl, head on over the http://www.RCBabes.com. You can see her and other trophy girls later this week.

Feel free to use any of my pics for non-commercial purposes or news stories like on a blog etc. Just keep the credits on the bottom please
Attached Thumbnails
2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-dsc02654aa.jpg   2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-dsc02865a.jpg   2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-dsc02891a.jpg   2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-img_6846_filtereda.jpg   2011 ROAR Carpet Nationals at Timezone II March 24th-27th-img_6912_filtereda.jpg  

Robs Pics is offline   Reply With Quote