Search

27t EpiC BInaRy OutlAw 4-mags of fun

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 27t EpiC BInaRy OutlAw 4-mags of fun

Hey all,

AFter the Champs last year I put all my Epic BInary2 Outlaw motors in a box hoping to never see them again. But its almost time to start thinking seriousely about the US Indoor Champs.
And since any Trinity motor could be the handout for the Champs-I better start running these POS -I mean these motors again....

After its introduction at that race-a lot of argument had been devoted to it-but I haven't seen much lately.

I am curious after 9-months what tuning tips and motor set-ups people have found for it?

I recall it was a testy motor that required a lower rollout than the Monster and also ran so hot it could cook its own magnets in one run. I'd like to avoid all that!!

Thanks and lets discuss,
Ray
Old 08-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Ray, i have a question.

I hear all this chit chat about how bad the trinity motors are. If these motors are so bad, what motors do you suggest running? (Stock motors)

-Jon
Old 08-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

I dont think Trinity motors are bad-in fact even though I am no trinity fan- I think they have the best stock motors by a huge margin!!

I dont like the Binary because I couldnt figure them out in a timely manner. I also could only get one good run per rebuild.

Ray
Old 08-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

I see, because i was wonder what other companies have good stock motors. I for one only have the trinity ones. (Gm3, p2k,p2k2,monster) What do you think of putnam motors?
Old 08-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

JDXray-Putnam doesnt make motors as you probably know. Guys like Todd (PUtnam) and Eric (EA Motorsports) and other names like Team1RC, Fukuyama take tear down motors (no springs or brushes) blanks that they buy from Trinity and hand-tune them, but in the end-if its a stock motor-its still all Trinity.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Okay thanks, i guess i will play around with my trinitys and try new things. I have been using the regular Reedy 767's with red and green springs i believe.

Have you ever put a P2k arm in a Monster can??
Old 08-02-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

I only run them "legal". Our clubs really competitive and I think we have it pretty well understood that we all run as close to ROAR rules as possible. So I have no motivation to experiment outside of brushes, springs and diffrent cuts on brushes (if I get that highly motivated).
Old 08-02-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

So what motors, springs,brushes do you run?
Old 08-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

JD-I run Monsters all the time (I just got the ROAR BInary stock motor from EAMotorsports today to try).

Believe it or not all my Monsters have different brushes and springs in them. If one motor runs well with say a Putnam Green and Putnam Blue brush and Purple and Red springs-I just try and rebuild it like that. And if another runs great with a 767 and a red and green spring-I too will try and rebuild that one just like that. I dont own a dyno-so its hard for me to test them.My best motor since the Nats has a red spring on pos, green on negative and 767's. But I usually run purple on os and red on neg for springs. Weird.

The reason for this thread is the same as your quest for info-I dont know diddly abut what springs and brushes make a BInary outlaw fast and fast for more than one run.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Ray,

As you may or may not know the 4 mag Binary Stock is being discontinued by Trinity / EPIC, but this could mean two things-

1. Since they are no longer going to produce the motors they won't use them as handouts

or

2. They will be looking for a way to dump their inventory and using them as handouts would do just this. In my opinion this is more likely knowing trinity

Anyway to answer your question I've had the best luck on the binary using 767's with a #42 hole drilled in them and red springs on Pos and Neg, gear it about 3 teeth smaller than a Monster.

I've also gone back to running the Monster for the most part but I still dig out the Binary from time to time, especially if my soldering iron breaks and I need a way to melt some solder

Old 08-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

ozwald-thanks! Does it matter how deep you drill the hole?

So we will see like you said-will they be the handout to reduce inventory-or will Trinity try and push their new Binary ROAR stock motor?
Old 08-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

I didn't notice a difference in performance when using different depths.

I know alot of people also had good luck slightly trimming the trailing edge on the brushes, but it just didn't seem to work for me.
Old 08-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Whatever happened to the Blue endbel.....I mean the new purple endbell handout?!?!?!?! hahahahaha
Old 08-02-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

I personally really like that Purple Endbell stock motors. Sure felt fast at Snowbirds.

Ray

Originally posted by Brian Anthony
Whatever happened to the Blue endbel.....I mean the new purple endbell handout?!?!?!?! hahahahaha
Old 08-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default Tricks for the Binary

Ray,

What's up......

Zap the can too, it helps.
And your rollout should be @ .95 - .92

If you want -- just sent me one and I'll
do it up for you.

Save me a spot for the "Halloween Classic".
I'll have the zapper with me too

later,
Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.