R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-30-2004, 05:09 PM   #31
Tech Master

Re: Looking for ultimate racer.

Quote:
Originally posted by crazydiablo606
Im pretty experienced at the track but until now i havn't had any real money to get any thing great.
SO you mean your not satisfied for what you are running now...

crazydiablo606
Do you mind asnwering the simple question of jackhammer74..
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 05:26 PM   #32
Tech Initiate

i have been racing on and off for about 4 years. i was in the stock class for about 3 years and only tried the mod class a couple years ago. all of my equipment was pretty old, i was using it for about 5 years. i sold pretty much the whole lot in the past year or so. so i can get a great tc for stock and mod classes.
crazydiablo606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 05:36 PM   #33
Tech Master

Exclamation

I guess that's enough time to gain much experience.. So on your previous race w/c cars usually grab the winning flag??..
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 05:38 PM   #34
Tech Adept

I recently upgraded my car to Yokomo CGM from HPI Pro2 and i am in love.
Put CGM on your list of cars to look at.
By the way, it really comes down to your preference. Shaft, Belt, Chassis configuration, weight, rigidity, flex, upgrades......
So take your time and study each car, ask specific questions to experienced car owners.
Then you'll find out what you really want...
dragoneuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 05:43 PM   #35
Tech Initiate

i had a pro 2 that was a great car i won many times with that. then i had a couple of ae's and a tamiya or 2.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:02 AM   #36
Tech Elite

I'm still racing my Pro2.... and do well

The ultimate racer dont exist. If it did, everybody would run it....

Anyway: Number one is to get a car with good local support. Which one are good supported around you?
Old 07-31-2004, 07:36 AM   #37
Tech Initiate

well its a mixed crowd here, prertty much everyone runs everything there isn't really a car to HAVE. its just what people feel like running. the LHS is great and stocks parts for just about everything. he also carries all the brands and stuff so its really up to the racer on what he would like to run.
Old 07-31-2004, 11:17 AM   #38
Tech Regular

I'd say check out the Xray FK, the EVO IV and the TRF 415,
they're all top level tourers and Xray's and Tamiya's build quality is tops. I've had both, xrays and tamiyas that's why I may be a little bit biased.
I've also had experience with the TC3, it's a great car, but it's challenging to put together and guess what everybody has one.
jackhammer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 02:55 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Okay, support is good.

So what do you want? The best look? Is it for a tight track or a wide track? Carpet or asphalt? A car with easy access to the setup adjustment? A car that is easy to setup or should it be as advanced as possible? Should it be as maintenance free as possible or dont that matter?
Old 07-31-2004, 03:22 PM   #40
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I would say Pro4,I know everyone really likes the Xray and it's a good car,in the TC market today your not really going to get a bad car,The only reason some of us ask what car were you running is it makes it a bit easier to point you to some cars that might fit.IMHO find the car that fits your style and track you race on,Cole hit it on his post..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 05:19 PM   #41
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Ok, a lot of good points here But... Don't get an RTR... The electronics are worthless to anyone but a newbie or a spare backyard basher...

Did you check to see what you can get parts for locally??? Yea, everyone has a TC3 but the parts are easy to come by...

I'm about to convert my SSG Yokomo to CGM... Awesome car, get the aluminum front knuckles and the wide bumper... I stopped using it as my main car because it was too flexable for the tight carpet track I race on... My TC3 fit the bill on that a lot better... We'll see after I change the chassis... If your LHS doesn't stock parts you're going to have to carry at least 1 part of anything you think you'll break...

Get a GOOD FM Radio!!! 3PK, M8, Agressor... Your choice... I personally have always liked Futaba...

Novak XXTra reciever... The 3pk module will be out soon, Hitec and Airtronics are already here, crystals are a pain in the butt...

LRP or Novak competition grade ESC...

Decent Charger, Quasar pro or similiar...

Always need batteries, lots of good matchers out there...

Comm lathe and Tire truer if you have the money left... You can always buy someone lunch to get your comm's cut... For a large cup of coffee I'll even dyno your motor for you on my CS... A lot of tracks have the community tire truer...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote