R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #31
Tech Master

Sorry to hear about your lost. Hope all else is well with everything this holiday season.
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Dee Lee is a nut and I don't condone what he will say next!
Scooby Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sad news to say the least. Ken was truly an innovator, and a giant in the hobby industry. We'll keep your family in our thoughts and prayers Mike.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

very sorry for your loss. i never met your dad but i have used and still use parma products for years and they are some of the best products in the world. he will definitely be remembered for creating a great company and providing quality products to us racers.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My condolences to you and your family...he will be missed

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #35
Tech Master

You have my deepest sympathy. My first Parma product was a slot car controller some 40 odd years ago. I have continued to use Parma products right through today. Parma 1/12 bodies remain my favorites. He will be missed.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Hello Mike;

So sorry to hear of the passing of your father. I only had the pleasure of meeting him once, back in the early 90's. He certainly was a pioneer in the hobby world, especially back in the slot car heyday. I'm sure he will be dearly missed by you all.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Dale - Protoform
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Very sad to hear ! My condolences to you and your family.

AE / Reedy / ApexRCproshop
Futaba / BSR tires / Protoform / CR Graphics / Total-RC / ProSpec / Leespeed / 2mm designs
Keven H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #38
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mike,

My wife and I send you and your family our deepest sympathy. I had the pleasure of meeting your dad on more than one occasion. I raced Parma slot cars back in the earliy 90's with Willy and R. Hershman. He will be missed.

Aaron D.
Clark K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #39
Tech Rookie

My family and I want to thank all of you for your kind words and memories you have shared of my Dad. While I have been preparing for his passing for some time, it has been a little overwhelming and emotional to hear from so many of his friends, business associates and Parma fans. All of these great memories and comments will help us get through this difficult time and carry his legacy into the future.
Sincerely,
Mike
PARMAPSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #40
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARMAPSE View Post
My family and I want to thank all of you for your kind words and memories you have shared of my Dad. While I have been preparing for his passing for some time, it has been a little overwhelming and emotional to hear from so many of his friends, business associates and Parma fans. All of these great memories and comments will help us get through this difficult time and carry his legacy into the future.
Sincerely,
Mike
Mike, regardless of product, company, or relationship, your family's contribution to this hobby not only carried it out this long, but made it a home for a lot of us. Thankyou so much for keeping Parma/Faskolor alive! God Speed!
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Sorry about the passing of your father Mike.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Really sorry for this.

I know Parma products since kid and love them.

Please accept my most sincere condolences.

Giorgio
Old 12-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #43
Tech Initiate

I have some fond memories being a resident of Cleveland in the 60s and 70s. Racing slot cars and building models knowing that if you were using Parma you were using the best. Man I miss those days, thanks to your father my childhood was full of fun and exitement.

Much Respect,

Joe Albano

Last edited by A.B.R; 12-30-2010 at 01:06 PM.
A.B.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Mike, Very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Being from Toledo, I made the trip many times to get the "latest and greatest" from Ken.
I was a founding member of the One-Eighth Racers of Toledo, helped run the Mid-West Series, and a Roar Director and always could count on Ken and Parma for help and support.

God Speed,
Ned Schmaltz
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote