Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WHICH IS THE SMOOTHEST ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Smoothness is relative to the motor used and the esc setup. A lot can be achieved with a little track testing.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skypilot
its your settings not your esc
+1
Only I never got my GM Genius 120 to run how it shoot go.
I had only problems with it.

The Tekin with the v203 was also smooth but you needed the right setup. with the 212 it is smooth straight away.
easier to get a smooth ride.

LRP feels good, only a bit slowere than the GM and the Tekin but easy to get it fast.

Never drove a BD but I have seen a driver race with it.
He didn't like the speedo.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Lohan, The new version of the STOCK program will solve the problem you mentioned.

We have tested the new version in China last weekend. Very good now.

The feeling you mentioned only appears on a long straight with item 12 "TURBO timing" a big value AND the end of straight is a high speed curve which need not a break. That's becuase if you loose full throttle at the end of straight, the original program will close all turbo timing at once, which will make an effect like "drag brake". So before the new program version release, you'd better to change your controlling of throttle, don't loose too much throttle at the straight end.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

The old 203 programming in the Tekin made it less smooth, however the team at Tekin have done a bang-up job woth 212 in my opinion. Originally the LRP was the smoothest, however, the Tekin with 212 is pretty damn close and with all the programming features, I am very happy that I mounted that speedo in my Xray. I'm using Trinity Duo 3 motors if that makes a difference.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

KO Propo BMC1 is the smoothest non-boost ESC.

Speed Passion is right there in the boosted category.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
KO Propo BMC1 is the smoothest non-boost ESC.

Speed Passion is right there in the boosted category.
I must agree here.
I owned SP and KOv1.5 they are way smoother than Tekin.

I now use Tekin 212 it took me ages to get smooth, even then its maybe only 80% close to how the KO or the SP are smooth.

Main reason I went tekin is size, if i had more space on my chassis i would have went with Speed Passion, its smooth out of the box and i just concentrate tuning my power band.

All this was used with a X12 13.5 and 17.5 sensored
Old 12-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default smooth

Having tried several of the latest Escs i can say with out any doubt the BDiamond is like silk. The acceleration is the smoothest out there.
My least favourite turned out to be the Tekin ver 212 the sudden surges of power made the car un drivable for me.
This power surge can be tuned out but then not as good as the BD.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

check your setup. I run now Tekin and it runs as smooth as my LRP SXX ss.

I run with 5 to 10 turbo with a turbo delay of 0 and a start rpm of 7000

I don't like the price of the BD. it isn't faster than the other speedo's but the price is much higher.
I have now seen 3 drivers wit a BD 2 with a 1:12 and 1 with a 1:10 tc.

in both classes the Tekin dominates ad my track. followed by GM and LRP.

I have a Tekin, a LRP X11 and a SPv3 motor and I must say that the SPv3 is not as smooth as the other motors. The Tekin combo runs the smoothest.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

I'm using a GmGenius90 Tekin RSpro and a Xerun120 with 10.5 redline /S.P 10.5 v3/GM's 13.5T "Pro/"DoctorSpeed" 12T Delta and 8T Delta. I've switched motors several times.
The smoothest of all regardless of settings is The GM's Genius with Delta wound motors.
Tekin Esc is better if used with it's own redline,with SpeedPassion motors is a half of it's potential,it works great with GM's but not at it's best.Xerun it is smooth but it doesn't come even close to the others,with the 8T Delta it gets hot as hell,the Redline motor looks like other stuff if used with the Xerun comapred with the RSPro,something doesn't happen to the Tekin ,GM's get only warm with the 8T Delta but it always is the smoothest of all of the above also with 30Amp's less than the Xerun .
All of the above are used randomly with XRay T3R,XRay t3 '11,XRay X10Link pan car.
LRP's are excluded since i had to many troubles with DSM2 Signals and a coupple of logic boarsds gone in the past,besides it doesn't offers a great choice of settings compared to the other speedo's.

Last edited by ghiro; 12-23-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kinetic (boosted or not, very smooth)
KO BMC V1.5 (no boost available)
LRP SXXSS MK4 or V2
LRP SPX (no boost available)
TeamWave RBS/RB30/RB50

The top 4 are all really really close, the TW is only slightly less than the rest, but like the others said, a lot has to do with the combo and the setup. The K2S does have the option of .1 increments for adjustment, so it can be very fine tuned.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 12-23-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default To answer a few questions

Originally Posted by sizheng
Lohan, The new version of the STOCK program will solve the problem you mentioned.

We have tested the new version in China last weekend. Very good now.

The feeling you mentioned only appears on a long straight with item 12 "TURBO timing" a big value AND the end of straight is a high speed curve which need not a break. That's becuase if you loose full throttle at the end of straight, the original program will close all turbo timing at once, which will make an effect like "drag brake". So before the new program version release, you'd better to change your controlling of throttle, don't loose too much throttle at the straight end.

Hi Sizheng - you have hit the nail on the head so to speak. I do not run drag brake, but it feels like the breaks are being hit as I come 'off power'. I think that when the new software comes out I will try it.

I use a Speed Passion V1, and have just ordered a corally 13.5 red.

I have tried a lot of setting changes, both on the speedo and the radio, and I have to concede it is at time when the turbo is fairly ramped up. Out of interest, will switching off the turbo and advancing the timing resolve the issue?

I am willing to sacrifice a bit of speed for the modulation and smoothness.

Tekin, just like schumacher, are 'jinxed' for me - for that reason I won't buy a TEKIN - oddly enough I did have a go of someones car that had a tekin speedo that had been set up with 'push control' and I did like the feel of the throttle as I came off power. BUT UNFORTUNATELY THEY ARE JINXED FOR ME SO I WILL NOT GET ONE
Old 12-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toptek
check your setup. I run now Tekin and it runs as smooth as my LRP SXX ss.

I run with 5 to 10 turbo with a turbo delay of 0 and a start rpm of 7000

I don't like the price of the BD. it isn't faster than the other speedo's but the price is much higher.
I have now seen 3 drivers wit a BD 2 with a 1:12 and 1 with a 1:10 tc.

in both classes the Tekin dominates ad my track. followed by GM and LRP.

I have a Tekin, a LRP X11 and a SPv3 motor and I must say that the SPv3 is not as smooth as the other motors. The Tekin combo runs the smoothest.
If you haven't driven a BD you have no idea what you are missing....

EVERYONE says the excat same thing to me about speedy setup "they don't know how to set it up properly and thats why it feels like a switch". The BD is the only ESC I have diven that gives the speed of dynamic timing with the feel of non dynamic timing. Even the LRP can't compare.

As for what wins.... Well what are the fast guys running? Most of the time they will win with any ESC.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Check if you have throttle trim to brakes on your radio. I once had few clicks on brake accidentally. Messed around with the car and ESC setting for an hour till i discovered this. Felt like giving myself a good hard kick in my butt.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old-man
Check if you have throttle trim to brakes on your radio. I once had few clicks on brake accidentally. Messed around with the car and ESC setting for an hour till i discovered this. Felt like giving myself a good hard kick in my butt.
I'll offer myself to kick ure butt old man.. Hehehehee..
Old 12-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
If you haven't driven a BD you have no idea what you are missing....

EVERYONE says the excat same thing to me about speedy setup "they don't know how to set it up properly and thats why it feels like a switch". The BD is the only ESC I have diven that gives the speed of dynamic timing with the feel of non dynamic timing. Even the LRP can't compare.

As for what wins.... Well what are the fast guys running? Most of the time they will win with any ESC.
2 of the 3 BD drivers sold there BD. 1 bought a LRP and the other a Tekin.

They loved the feel and it is easy to setup. Bud the problem was that they couldn't change the amount of power.

I will ask the last BD driver iff I may drive it.

Personally I would never pay so much monney for a speedo. The feel may be great but it is not faster than the other speedo's.
I won my races with a LRP, GM and a Tekin.
The feel of the LRP was the best. close followed by teh Tekin with the V212 and than GM.
I don't like the feel of the GM. THe Tekin is easy to set the feel that you like.

I have now 4 speedo's. 3 of them are used by other drivers. 1 Tekin comes back as my 1:12 is ready.

That I don't like the feel of the GM is not that it is not good. some drivers here ad the club love it. We have also drivers that don't like the feel of the LRP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.