R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   f1 pancar bodies, downforce? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/462992-f1-pancar-bodies-downforce.html)

Hatebreed 12-19-2010 11:18 AM

f1 pancar bodies, downforce?

I have a 3racing f109 today and i want to try a pancar body just to see how it handles compared to the f1 body and wings.

now i wonder how good is the pancar bodies on the f1cars?

there is bodies made from tamiya, blade racing and cross from what i can see, what body would be the best?

(the body is just for downforce and handling, scale look and other is not important at all)

wingracer 12-19-2010 11:30 AM

Interesting question. I would be curious to see the results myself.

pejota 12-19-2010 03:02 PM

The Protoform Sophia seems to the choice for WGT... start there?

JR007 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

The biggest thing you will have to consider is the mounting points. If you can't spread them far apart, it will be ablout as useful as a body made from cling-film!

kb525 12-19-2010 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by JR007 (Post 8364147)
The biggest thing you will have to consider is the mounting points. If you can't spread them far apart, it will be ablout as useful as a body made from cling-film!

He can add some mounts farther to the sides quite easilly.

mxrich 12-19-2010 08:23 PM

Try www.d-drivesportsenglish.com or www.chevronmodels.com . They have the C-class bodys for those cars. Don't forget protoform as well, I think they still have the narrow bodies you are looking for. If you want the most downforce that is the way to go. Some still call them GTP bodys.

bakaguyjean 12-20-2010 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Hatebreed (Post 8363314)
I have a 3racing f109 today and i want to try a pancar body just to see how it handles compared to the f1 body and wings.

now i wonder how good is the pancar bodies on the f1cars?

there is bodies made from tamiya, blade racing and cross from what i can see, what body would be the best?

(the body is just for downforce and handling, scale look and other is not important at all)

If you just take your chassis and mount a pan car type body,it will be slower and have more body roll compared to your F1 body. Just a heads up.

Hatebreed 12-20-2010 08:07 AM

slower on the straigh maybe, but should be faster in the corners as the body produces more downforce, a f1 body and its wings produce very little downforce(thats my theory..)

well, i ordered a blade twr body to test, but will look on protoform as well, only problem with their sophia body is that the wheelbase is 10mm shorter, so it might be hard to get the wheels right because of the shape of the body. but forgot that they have a gtb body!

tunerjetta29 12-20-2010 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Hatebreed (Post 8367079)
slower on the straigh maybe, but should be faster in the corners as the body produces more downforce, a f1 body and its wings produce very little downforce(thats my theory..)

What type of corners? When you get to a low enough speed all that matters is mechanical grip. Aero matters less and less as your moving slower. On a tight technical track you should be far more concerned with the traction of your tires and chassis balance than bodies. If you have a higher speed sweeping corners kind of track then better aero would help. But your comparing apples to oranges with an F1 body vs Pan car? Just decide what class you want to run with your car and make the car work!:sneaky: