R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-20-2005, 08:28 PM   #1411
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by imprsme
I have a question about diffs als
I am having to rebuild them after about 6 packs in 19t and stk. I am building them with AE lube and AE black grease on the thrust. I have the Brass thrust also. I am only tightening them down until I can just not turn the pulley over tehn backing off about 1/8th of a turn. Seems like I read somewhere that you could remove 1 or 2 of the cone washers to help but I can't find where I read that now.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

ur running corally now imprsme good luck cya this is reggie

BTW Congrats to Team Corally and TOSO on the win. I am glad I have my kit in hand, they will be even harder to find now, than they were after the 'Birds!
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:32 PM   #1412
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to kabttu

Well, i did turn my steering down quite a bit because they were touching after i first set it up, i will check it somemore. thanks!
can't wait to race it this weekend.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian McGreevy
kabttu,

That noise is most likely coming from your rim hitting your spring perch. Turn down your steering throw till you don't hear it anymore.
kabttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:51 PM   #1413
Tech Master

I think I removed 4 washers on the front and rear. I use the brass washers with black grease. I then put it together and get it started. Put the car together and tighten it until it just starts to snug.

Check it by holding the wheel and spur. Slips... tighten it 1/16th. Check it again. It is a very fine adjustment. Also, don't tighten to the point where you have the spur and wheel in a vise grip and takes an impact wrench to turn the wheel. haha.

I had a few problems at first as well and once I took my time I haven't had a problem. Diff was built before Snowbirds, ran all week in 2 classes and last weekend and it is still like butter.

Jeff
Old 03-20-2005, 08:52 PM   #1414
Tech Master

Thumbs up

CONGRATS TO TOSOLINI!!

I had a feeling this was his race.

Jeff
Old 03-20-2005, 09:00 PM   #1415
Tech Addict

Default TOSSO

got game kid do you think i could get a loan? mo money, hey do you got that forty homie , good job tosso c you at lymans .
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:08 PM   #1416
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Jeff, you get my other PM? Send me a message on my AIM name if you're on.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:19 PM   #1417
Tech Master

ummm.... not sure. I had 7 from ya earlier. haha, jk. I'll check. I can't keep up with PM with all the ROAR Nats drama unfolding faster than a playboy magazine
Old 03-20-2005, 09:23 PM   #1418

Is there any pics of any of Chris's car?? or any of the other pros cars??
v2_drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:23 PM   #1419
Tech Rookie

Kabttu, i have your sister car from madness also,the front belt skiped a little and lowereing the front tension arm eliminated it completely. Out diives or cvds who cares,only time i herd it was off the corner so it was belts.
Ive run 2 weeks with it on a club track thats rolled up every week and i couldent be happier. Ive run stk and 19 turn and had no problem with the diffs. Do what they say tighten till you cant spin it ,DONT LOOSEN IT. It will feee up on its own ,it did. Start with the front a little tighter than the rear. Use Cuffs set up and tweak from there.
Like the set up sheet says fastest car on the track,traffic problems. Nuff said.
Drive it like you stole it!
Mike
DIRTISFORWORMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:34 PM   #1420
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to kabttu

hey man, sounds awesome. after reading all the posts I definitely believe that i have my diffs way too loose. when i give it full throttle the diffs will just spin..haha..so will tighten them up and retest. great to hear that you like the rdx so much..the guy who runs the local track here runs a rdx and really likes it and says that he will start stocking parts so should be good. yeah i've been looking at the setups posted on corally's website, however, i'm confused by a few of the things in the setups..the optional ultra low and lowered shock towers. are these options that can be bought? haven't been able to find them. thanks and gonna be counting the days until the weekend!

Quote:
Originally posted by DIRTISFORWORMS
Kabttu, i have your sister car from madness also,the front belt skiped a little and lowereing the front tension arm eliminated it completely. Out diives or cvds who cares,only time i herd it was off the corner so it was belts.
Ive run 2 weeks with it on a club track thats rolled up every week and i couldent be happier. Ive run stk and 19 turn and had no problem with the diffs. Do what they say tighten till you cant spin it ,DONT LOOSEN IT. It will feee up on its own ,it did. Start with the front a little tighter than the rear. Use Cuffs set up and tweak from there.
Like the set up sheet says fastest car on the track,traffic problems. Nuff said.
Drive it like you stole it!
Mike
kabttu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:43 PM   #1421
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to ExcelRC
Default Congrats!

Congratulations to Chris and Team Corally for their 2005 Nats win. All of us around here knew it wouldnt be long before this car would be destroying the competition
ExcelRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:18 PM   #1422
Tech Master

Toso and Team Corally, great job!
Looks like its a winning package...
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:35 AM   #1423
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Brandon... nice meeting you and the guys.. we are prolly gonna make a trip down to VA beach again in mid april.. i dont think im going to the Gate in april..

arvin
RCFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:41 AM   #1424
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

All the RDX's at the Nats worked very well. Gonna get one for the summer rubber season. Anyone have a set up for blacktop with rubber?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:45 AM   #1425
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

go to corallyusa.com and they have alot of set ups for you to start from and tweak from there
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote