Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good News all you guys with Corally Cars
Steve Wang is going to be selling them and parts.
www.speedtechrc.com
COMING SOON
-Stephen <><
Old 03-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Well I just picked up my RDX Carpet Spec today from my LHS...I cannot wait to put it together!

I also picked up the BMI 4mm chassis and guys, you have to get this chassis even if you don't run on carpet. It just looks cool!!
Everyone at the store had to look at it...definate wow factor

Cannot wait to run this car!!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You will be very happy with your purchase

This has got to be the most popular (and best) Corally TC in the states...ever.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Well I have to say...I just opened the box and am very impressed. The chassis assembly as it is in the box is so stiff...it's incredible. This is by far the stiffest chassis I have ever seen. There is absolutly no flex in it at all!

I cannot wait to try this car.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default US Carpet Spec

I just got mine too. WOW!...
Old 03-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ground-round
Just got my RDX this weekend. I've been building it a little bit every night and all I can say is WOW! This thing is going together beautifully. I've been an Associated guy for the past 6 years and the difference in the manufacturing tolerances isn't even close. Build the RDX like the instructions say and its perfect. Build a TC3 or 4 from the instructions and you've got a trainwreck.

speaking of train wrecks.......... the corally team aint big enough for us both jetro! oh and troy said he wants to "talk" to you give him a call! something about it's good to know your a friend??? huh
Old 03-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

has there been any complaints or questions about the belts being really stiff out of the box??....i am building my car right now and i soaked the belts to make them flex more but when i assembled the diff assemblies into the bulkheads, the belts are very very tight. I know i have the direction of the bearing housing in the correct order and everything is lined up. One thing i did notice is that the bearing houseings, all 4 were the same and in the manual the fronts seem to be centered and the rears are off-set. Also, does the long belt go on the inner drive pulley and the short one on the outer?
Old 03-09-2005, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Good News all you guys with Corally Cars
Steve Wang is going to be selling them and parts.
www.speedtechrc.com
COMING SOON
-Stephen <><
Thanks to me
Old 03-09-2005, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dhartman03
has there been any complaints or questions about the belts being really stiff out of the box??....i am building my car right now and i soaked the belts to make them flex more but when i assembled the diff assemblies into the bulkheads, the belts are very very tight. I know i have the direction of the bearing housing in the correct order and everything is lined up. One thing i did notice is that the bearing houseings, all 4 were the same and in the manual the fronts seem to be centered and the rears are off-set. Also, does the long belt go on the inner drive pulley and the short one on the outer?
Dan,

The belts are not as pliable as other cars and the drivetrain will not free spin for more than 2 seconds, but it doesnt matter on the track as the cars truly has rip and laptimes down the board never change on this car. Me thinks that means the drivetrain is efficient.

I would play with the height of the layshaft pulley so that the front belt gets very loose and the rear belt tighter. Then I would mount the belt tensioner at full loose.

Hope this helps,
Ray
Old 03-09-2005, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
speaking of train wrecks.......... the corally team aint big enough for us both jetro! oh and troy said he wants to "talk" to you give him a call! something about it's good to know your a friend??? huh
Its all good UCHEATULOSE, we're talking about a guy who checks his speedcontrol for spark! lol
Old 03-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Company Representative

Long belt should be on the inner pulley otherwise it rubs on the battery pack. Also make sure the diffs are opposite directions. The pulley in the front should be on the left and on the right in the rear because of the stagger on the center layshaft.

There has never been a problem with the belt tensions. Some guys have to run belt tensions and some don't.

Last edited by CorallyUSA; 03-09-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

All these new Corallys, Looks like here in the North East watching Jeff Cuffs is like watching Nascar. Win on sunday sell on monday. Jeff you are a rolling salesman

Good luck at the Nats Jeff
Old 03-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hey john.. since im not going to the nats.. im thinking of renting my RDX out to jeff b.(proteus) since he wants to try it instead of his pro4. his wish list isnt working out.!!

arvin
Old 03-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rayhuang
Dan,

The belts are not as pliable as other cars and the drivetrain will not free spin for more than 2 seconds, but it doesnt matter on the track as the cars truly has rip and laptimes down the board never change on this car. Me thinks that means the drivetrain is efficient.

I would play with the height of the layshaft pulley so that the front belt gets very loose and the rear belt tighter. Then I would mount the belt tensioner at full loose.

Hope this helps,
Ray
I second this as the belts that come standard with the Tamiya 415 are very pliable. The optional Tamiya "Low Friction" White belts are much stiffer in comparision but the car is faster with them.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

So I keep seeing people post that they've gotten their carpet spec kits. Where are you guys buying these? Anyone know of a place that has any in stock that will do mailorder? I'm ready to buy but can't find one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.