R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #10396
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

By blueprinting the shock and replacing the lower o-ring and washer with the Losi 5050 spacer, I end up with about 25% rebound with the standard RDX bladder. I like the feel of that.

FYI...Removing the second o-ring requires you to rebuild the shock more often.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #10397
Tech Adept
 
DrunkMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

just got a gtb with a 13.5 and the motor doesnt fit do i have to mill the chaasis or is there another option thanks.
DrunkMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #10398
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,234
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkMike View Post
just got a gtb with a 13.5 and the motor doesnt fit do i have to mill the chaasis or is there another option thanks.
It's not clear how it does not fit; but, you will want to go with the smallest RDX spur gear (98T in 64 pitch) to make the gearing work with a 13.5 motor.

Cannot suggest ratios without knowing any details about the track you run at.

Using the 13.5, I also highly recommend getting the offset motor mount bulkhead to move this heavy motor inward. Allows you to balance the chassis weight side-to-side. You do have to route out a section of the chassis plate when you use the offset motor mount option.
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #10399
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

here is an rdx question.....i just got done putting the electronics back in my old rdx to run in foam tire.i was looking at the xtra parts i have for it and noticed that i have a set of aluminum 4 degree blocks and also 6...there is 4 on the car now.......im so used to reading my losi set-up help that im confused to set-up on the rdx...or is it the same as losi.more caster equals more turn in...less caster equals less turn in but more turn out...?

please any help on this is much appreciated...i used to run the 6 degree on there but was told to switch back to 4 and i cant remember what it did for the car....


lmk,
matt
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #10400
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,126
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
here is an rdx question.....i just got done putting the electronics back in my old rdx to run in foam tire.i was looking at the xtra parts i have for it and noticed that i have a set of aluminum 4 degree blocks and also 6...there is 4 on the car now.......im so used to reading my losi set-up help that im confused to set-up on the rdx...or is it the same as losi.more caster equals more turn in...less caster equals less turn in but more turn out...?

please any help on this is much appreciated...i used to run the 6 degree on there but was told to switch back to 4 and i cant remember what it did for the car....


lmk,
matt
More caster will give you more steering overall but be less reactive upon entry into the corner. Less caster gives more initial turn in, but tends to push a little more mid-exit. I've always found that less caster typically works better in really low speed corners if you use a slightly softer front spring, and on higher speed corners a stiffer spring with more caster works a little bit better.

-Korey
__________________
Xray - RC America - Hudy - Apex RC - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - RC Mission America - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #10401
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
More caster will give you more steering overall but be less reactive upon entry into the corner. Less caster gives more initial turn in, but tends to push a little more mid-exit. I've always found that less caster typically works better in really low speed corners if you use a slightly softer front spring, and on higher speed corners a stiffer spring with more caster works a little bit better.

-Korey
the truth is, again, spoken.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #10402
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

so what do ya think would be best suited for a med. bight carpet tarck..?

im thinking the 4 degree will be just fine...but i remember when i bought the car it had 6 on it....
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #10403
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

You would have to decide based on how technical the track is. If it is fast and flowing, go with the 6 degree, if it is tight and technical go with the 4 degree. Swap them out during a race day and compare lap times. We have guys running 6 degree blocks and doing great. I'm running 4 degree blocks and I like the feeling I get from the car.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #10404
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
You would have to decide based on how technical the track is. If it is fast and flowing, go with the 6 degree, if it is tight and technical go with the 4 degree. Swap them out during a race day and compare lap times. We have guys running 6 degree blocks and doing great. I'm running 4 degree blocks and I like the feeling I get from the car.
ok great and thx for the info.....this is what i needed to know...
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #10405
Tech Adept
 
DrunkMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

i want to replase the turn buckles but not a fan of the corally one will ones from any other car work????????
__________________
AE TC6 IM GIVING IN AND RUNNING RUBBER TIRE
CRC GEN XL
BRP
NORCARRACING.COM
DrunkMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #10406
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

On the corally cars you can really use any turnbuckles. I use lunsford ones on my phi. Just get the 1 inch ones otherwise you'll have trouble using the top outside camber link location if that's what you want to run.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #10407
Tech Adept
 
DrunkMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

ok, i was hoping i could buy a sey for a losi or ae car or whatever and they would work.
__________________
AE TC6 IM GIVING IN AND RUNNING RUBBER TIRE
CRC GEN XL
BRP
NORCARRACING.COM
DrunkMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:45 AM   #10408
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Turnbuckles are turnbuckles, anything will work.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #10409
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkMike View Post
ok, i was hoping i could buy a sey for a losi or ae car or whatever and they would work.
Don't forget to use RPM ballcups.
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:00 AM   #10410
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

New guy here with an RDX that I got off one of the guys at tbang for an absolutely smoking deal. Haven't tried it out yet but I'm itchin to see how well it drifts.
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corally CCT Pan-touring car biker R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 03-02-2010 09:21 PM
Corally CCT Pan touring car biker R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 11-05-2003 07:24 AM
Corally F1 w/touring car setup froghead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 10-29-2003 08:10 PM
New Corally Touring Car At Nurnberg JANTLE Electric On-Road 117 04-30-2003 05:23 AM
Brand New Corally C4.1 Touring Car HauntedMyst R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-25-2002 08:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:40 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net