R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #10291
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJohnson
Hey Guys - Just wanted to drop in and give a big thanks to Jeff and Rob at Corally USA for all the help at the Nats. Keep up the great work and great customer service!

Thanks - Brad
Good Job at the Nats Brad! Can you post your setup here from that race? Thanks
automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #10292
Tech Regular

Automator - I talked to Jeff and if your interested he will put it up on the Corally USA site. However, the final setup is such a drastic change from any other setup that I would run at any track, I am not sure how much it will help you. If you are still interested though, let me know.

Thanks - Brad
BJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #10293
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddddddddd
Old 03-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #10294
Tech Adept

Quote:
Automator - I talked to Jeff and if your interested he will put it up on the Corally USA site. However, the final setup is such a drastic change from any other setup that I would run at any track, I am not sure how much it will help you. If you are still interested though, let me know.

Thanks - Brad
I figured the setup would be completely different because I heard the track was extremely high bite. I am curious to see how the setup differs, to see what you guys did to accommadate all that traction. If I ever use the setup or not, I would still like to see it to compare.

Thanks
automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #10295
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by automator
I figured the setup would be completely different because I heard the track was extremely high bite. I am curious to see how the setup differs, to see what you guys did to accommadate all that traction. If I ever use the setup or not, I would still like to see it to compare.

Thanks

Me too!
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #10296
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian
Hello all,

I ran my car this past weekend at an asphalt track that had excellent traction. However, anytime the car made a turned (even slightly turned) the wheels screeched. I assumed this was because I had too much traction (as was apparent by the wear hole on my front left tire and premature wear on my right tire after only 1 and 1/2 runs). The car also had somewhat of a push that I also felt was taking away corner speed.

I'm not sure how to correct this problem so that the car isn't eating up a set of tires in 1 or 2 runs and pushing in the turns.

I'm running Jeff Brown's setup from the 06 Roar Asphalt Nats that was held at Speedworld Race Way.

Should I just try a completely different set-up? Any suggestions?

Much Thanx

Jeff Brown's setup is pretty darn good. I run a variation of it with other changes that he posted after the Nats. Did that occur at NorCal Hobbies? You just need to let me look at your car.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #10297
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Jeff browns setup is darn good cause jeff brown is just plan and simply an awesome dude.......

Jeff you better be up in about a month !!!!!!!
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:32 AM   #10298
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bahnatka
Post 95...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball,(9-1-04)
- i would like to see the rear hub ears lopped off, and vertical holes drilled in the flat section that they currently rise from.
- chris.
And response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallyUSA,(9-1-04)
Rear Hubs.... this was tested and compared in prototyping and we liked this better.
wow. nice work detective.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:56 AM   #10299
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian
Hello all,

I ran my car this past weekend at an asphalt track that had excellent traction. However, anytime the car made a turned (even slightly turned) the wheels screeched. I assumed this was because I had too much traction (as was apparent by the wear hole on my front left tire and premature wear on my right tire after only 1 and 1/2 runs). The car also had somewhat of a push that I also felt was taking away corner speed.

I'm not sure how to correct this problem so that the car isn't eating up a set of tires in 1 or 2 runs and pushing in the turns.

I'm running Jeff Brown's setup from the 06 Roar Asphalt Nats that was held at Speedworld Race Way.

Should I just try a completely different set-up? Any suggestions?

Much Thanx
It might be as simple as the traction sauce you are using for that particular track. One thing you can do is lean the shocks in more on the tower. What is the track sprayed with, VHT?

Jeff
Old 03-21-2007, 12:20 PM   #10300
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Thanks - Brad
what are you talking about brad your car was money all week layed it down like butter hahah give me a call

[email protected]
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #10301
Tech Master

Last edited by outlandr91; 04-16-2007 at 07:19 PM.
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #10302
Tech Master

I like the use of suspense, outland.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #10303
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Last edited by wallstreet; 04-01-2007 at 08:23 PM.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:55 AM   #10304
Tech Addict

Hi all

I bought some 64dp spur gears as I'm not a fan of 48dp but they only fit on 2 of the 4 fixings will this be ok?

Thanks

Tim
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #10305
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry
Hi all

I bought some 64dp spur gears as I'm not a fan of 48dp but they only fit on 2 of the 4 fixings will this be ok?

Thanks

Tim
it should be fine i run HPI and RW 64 pitch with no problems,
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote