Old 01-12-2007, 03:48 PM   #10038
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

TEST
Vicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #10039
Tech Adept

Question for you guys:

I'm putting together my kit and wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. I was building the rear diff and I see that there are parts (snap ring, thrust washer and washers) included in the kit. When I looked at the diff, it looks like these parts are already installed? I don't need to remove these and install the ones from the kit do I?

Also, are you guys cleaning out the bearings and lubing them with light oil right from the kit before installing? Speaking of the bearings, the manaul doesn't really show this but, do the bearings ride on the machined bosses on the outdrives? If so, is it typical that I would need to do some "fine tuning" to get them to fit without forcing them on?

Thanks in avance
Old 01-12-2007, 04:32 PM   #10040
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone_wheelin
Question for you guys:

I'm putting together my kit and wanted to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. I was building the rear diff and I see that there are parts (snap ring, thrust washer and washers) included in the kit. When I looked at the diff, it looks like these parts are already installed? I don't need to remove these and install the ones from the kit do I?

Also, are you guys cleaning out the bearings and lubing them with light oil right from the kit before installing? Speaking of the bearings, the manaul doesn't really show this but, do the bearings ride on the machined bosses on the outdrives? If so, is it typical that I would need to do some "fine tuning" to get them to fit without forcing them on?

Thanks in avance
Check out the Blueprinting section of Corally USA:
http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/blueprint.htm
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #10041
Tech Adept

Thanks for your suggestion but I have already read the blue printing articles. They don't really cover my questions though.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:39 PM   #10042
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to ERTRACHTER

you need to pull the clip and put some black grease on the thrust washer
ASSOCIATED 12r5.1,REEDY MOTOR AND BATTERY, LRP SPEEDO,KIMBROUGH PRODUCTS,BIG DOG RACING,BELMONT R/C SPEEDSHOP, DENNIS LYMAN RACING, TEAM TOSO, TEAM FACTORY BITTER, SCHUUR SOLUTIONS, SIMMONS RACING, TEAM BOOZCRUZ
ERTRACHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:46 AM   #10043
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

did anyone have problems with the front ride height with a standard shock tower???

my mate put his together as per manual but he cant get any adjustment as far as the collars are all the way up and the ride height is still around the 6mm-7mm mark...

do you have to modify the shocks like you do with the lower tower or did everyone just change the standard retainer at the bottom???

which is the best retainer as tc4 are sloppy and loose!!!

anyone tried hpi pro 4/cyclone ones???

also what shock length is best????
thankyou

p.s couldnt corally just make lower retainers???

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:17 AM   #10044
Tech Adept

ERTRACHTER - Thank you.

But what about the bearings fit on the outdrives?

I guess I might as well clean and re-oil the bearings since I will be eventually anyway.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #10045
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

in case anyone is interested......http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144533

Thanks
Bob
Old 01-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #10046
Tech Adept

Okay, I figured out my bearing problem, which isn't actually a problem. The bearings for the one-way and the diff/spool are different sizes. Since my kit came with the one-way, the bearings were larger. Doh!!

Looks like another trip to the LHS for me.

Oh yeah, for the center steering, per the instructions, the needed turnbuckles are 44mm. Also, are you guys using the recommended steering post (PN#79250) or are you sanding/grinding a little off the one that comes with the kit (PN#79251)?

EDIT: Attached PDF of center steering instructions.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf corally-79359a.pdf (37.0 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by gone_wheelin; 01-17-2007 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Attached top-deck instructions
gone_wheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #10047
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just wondering if anyone uses or recommends the Ceramic thrust bearing for the RDX diff.
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:11 PM   #10048
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade072
did anyone have problems with the front ride height with a standard shock tower???

my mate put his together as per manual but he cant get any adjustment as far as the collars are all the way up and the ride height is still around the 6mm-7mm mark...

do you have to modify the shocks like you do with the lower tower or did everyone just change the standard retainer at the bottom???

which is the best retainer as tc4 are sloppy and loose!!!

anyone tried hpi pro 4/cyclone ones???

also what shock length is best????
thankyou

p.s couldnt corally just make lower retainers???
Something is not put together correctly then. You do not have to modify anything to get the clearance. Make sure the shock eyelet is threaded all the way up and the shock perch is pushed down. Check the droop screw clearance as well.

Jeff
Old 01-16-2007, 03:15 PM   #10049
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone_wheelin
Question for you guys:

Thanks in avance
The latest kits have black grease in the thrusts now. You can remove them if you want to make sure everything is smooth. Just don't mix up the order of the thrust washers as one is smaller than the other.

The bearings don't need to be sprayed out and relubed. They are super free and spin great out of the box. The outdrives do ride on the bearings that are pushed into the bearing holders. The fit is sometimes snug, if they are super tight you may have to check the fit of the bearing holders into the bulkheads for tightness as well.

Jeff
Old 01-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #10050
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I bet if you looked you'd see that the droop screws are screwed down too much. Or like Jeff said make sure the shocks eyelets are cranked