R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-09-2007, 08:40 PM   #9991
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nelson
Here are a couple pics of my car from the Novak Race, car was extremely easy to drive. Rob has my set up sheet and he will be posting it on the Corally web site.
The center post steering worked awesome, I just sanded a little off two standard ball cups and put a .080 spacer between top deck and center post.
What was the reason for the .080 spacer between top deck and post?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:15 PM   #9992
Tech Fanatic

Default Spacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black-knight
What was the reason for the .080 spacer between top deck and post?
It's hard to see in this pic, but that is so the linkage and ball cup from the servo to the center point steering does not rub on top deck. I needed it with the servo I'm using.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Corally RDX Touring Car-dscn0420.jpg  
Old 01-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #9993
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike, did you try the macro mode on your camera? It focused on the background.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:50 PM   #9994
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I apologize in advance for the stupid question, but what does a tweaked car feel like when you're driving it? Is it just that it turns different from left to right? If so, I have somehow tweaked my car so bad, I walk with a limp when I'm carrying it.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:06 AM   #9995
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I apologize in advance for the stupid question, but what does a tweaked car feel like when you're driving it? Is it just that it turns different from left to right? If so, I have somehow tweaked my car so bad, I walk with a limp when I'm carrying it.
Syn,

There's never a stupid question. Especially from one who adds so much good commentary.

More like "...RESPONDS differently from left to right". May even be wickedly bad in one direction.

Start the process by looking for broken or damaged parts. Then take the wheels off and see how flat the chassis lays on a setup board...correct any issues. Then back off everything and put a fresh setup on the car. Then tweak the car. I have always cured my issues after methodically going through it thusly.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #9996
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill
There's never a stupid question. Especially from one who adds so much good commentary.
I'm infamous, haven't you heard? Half these people want me dead! :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill
More like "...RESPONDS differently from left to right". May even be wickedly bad in one direction.

Start the process by looking for broken or damaged parts. Then take the wheels off and see how flat the chassis lays on a setup board...correct any issues. Then back off everything and put a fresh setup on the car. Then tweak the car. I have always cured my issues after methodically going through it thusly.

Bill
Cool, I'll do exactly that. the car turned SO well one direction, and pushed like mad the other direction. I know for a fact the chassis is warped, it bows down about 1MM in the middle from the ends when I check my ride height. That's completely my fault, I was tightening down the strap too much to keep the LiPo in. I guess I'll start there, rebuild the shocks, and then work my way through the rest of the car. The thing that's most frustrating is that the car wanted to traction roll when turning the direction that it pushed, but was lightning quick when turning the other direction. It was a real handful tonight.

Have any of you tried the rounded pistons in your shocks? My car hasn't felt right since I changed to them, but it could just be that I didn't get my shocks built as well as they had been prior to the switch.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:04 AM   #9997
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Is Corally coming out w/ a revamped RDX??

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:05 AM   #9998
Tech Fanatic

Default pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge
Mike, did you try the macro mode on your camera? It focused on the background.
No, we were actually on our way out of town the other night and I just took a couple quick pics...didn't try any different modes. I'm sure I could get better pics if it would help.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:19 AM   #9999
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee
Is Corally coming out w/ a revamped RDX??
Yes, it's called the RDX Phi

On a side note, I'd like to give a big thanks to Rob and the Corally team for helping me get dialed-in for the Novak race. We didn't win any of the foam classes, but we sure were fast! Congrats to Mike Nelson for his TQ and win in Stock Rubber and to Brad Johnson for his Stock Foam TQ and his great fight to take top honors from Drew.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #10000
Suspended

Quote:
Did you try looking at your hindge pins? Chassis is not flat you got big problems the only ohter thing it could be is blown shocks or bent hindge pins..hope this helps..Charlie
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #10001
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to OllieRDX

Quote:
You have to lose the screws of the topdeck rear shocktower and rear bodypost and you have to lose one side from the centershaft and the 2 sides of the piece between the front bulckheads!
Then put the chassis on a 100% flat table and ask someone to push the chassis @ the rear and the front flat on the table and turn the screws tight (ps: when you turn the screws tight, screw the screw crossed, he still has to push the car flat on the table!)

Greetings Ollie
Old 01-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #10002
Tech Lord

Thanks Charlie and Ollie. I'm going to tear the car down and build it back up, and then try untweaking it using the method Ollie suggested. I haven't checked the hinge pins on the car ever, so I'll definitely be sure to give that a close look when I've got it apart.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #10003
Suspended

Quote:
Thanks Charlie and Ollie. I'm going to tear the car down and build it back up, and then try untweaking it using the method Ollie suggested. I haven't checked the hinge pins on the car ever, so I'll definitely be sure to give that a close look when I've got it apart.
It dont take much of a hit to bend the hindge pins , Tamiya pins work if you run out of Corally pins..Bulkheads need to be checked also..
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #10004
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm infamous, haven't you heard? Half these people want me dead! :-D
Dead naw...just flogged!!!! J/K
Old 01-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #10005
Tech Lord

*poses*

What's up with you and adamge hanging out in the Corally thread, you getting lonely over there in XRay land? Tired of counting all your trophies?