R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #9781
Tech Apprentice

Now I see what your talking about...that worked out perfect. Thanks Syndrome, I'll see you guys on Tuesday.
ccs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #9782
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccs77
Now I see what your talking about...that worked out perfect. Thanks Syndrome, I'll see you guys on Tuesday.
Glad it worked! I went ahead and soldered the other side in straight, basically as a failsafe so there's no chance of reversing polarity.

I'm thinking about taping my batteries. It's possible I ruined my current chassis by tightening the strap too much before I used the o-rings to hold it in place. With my ride height set at 4.5MM on the ends, right under the battery with the strap tightened is close to 3.5MM, and when the strap is loosened, it goes up to a little over 4, but it's till very clearly bowed in the middle.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:46 AM   #9783
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Glad it worked! I went ahead and soldered the other side in straight, basically as a failsafe so there's no chance of reversing polarity.

I'm thinking about taping my batteries. It's possible I ruined my current chassis by tightening the strap too much before I used the o-rings to hold it in place. With my ride height set at 4.5MM on the ends, right under the battery with the strap tightened is close to 3.5MM, and when the strap is loosened, it goes up to a little over 4, but it's till very clearly bowed in the middle.
I have seen the light and switched to the RDX side. See ya Tuesday syndr0me and ccs77 with my new ride.

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #9784
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello all,

I recently attempted to install the 2.4mm new upper deck with the center point steering setup. I ran in to a few problems.

first, the instructions that come with the new deck says to use the assassin steering lever post that is shorter than the stock one in order to clear the belt. This in turn creates a new problem, the joint ball that connects from the servo saver tie rod to the steering lever doesn't clear the upper deck.

second, the the thread of the joint ball on the servo saver doesn't clear the upper deck. Corally recommends cutting the tread off.

Third, as noted in the instructions for the new deck, when assembled the joint balls on the steering lever are too close together. Corally recommends cutting the ends of the ball cups. But no matter how I trimmed the ball cups they don't clear each other properly. Furthermore trimming them weakens them.

Solution (suggestion/ constructive criticism to corally): I really like corally products (I wouldn't own the car otherwise), but I think it was premature to release a new upper deck with a center point steering option with design flaws that require mickey mouse fixes suggested in the instructions in order for the new installation to somewhat work.

I think a properly designed steering lever and a notched out area on the top deck around the servo saver would solve most problems.

Hopefully, these problems will be addressed on the new car.

If anybody finds my observations/criticism faulty or has suggestions making the new upper deck and center point steering work properly please don't hesitate to post.

Cheerz

Last edited by Obsidian; 12-13-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:15 AM   #9785
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

i have a question with the stock steering set-up... what are the effects of using long links on the steering bell cranks?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:51 PM   #9786
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Makes it very aggressive and the ackerman angles are closer to the same.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #9787
Tech Elite

I got a RDX from rayhuang and got to run it for the first time lastnight and the car was totally dialed. Did not have to change anything, not one thing. Went from being 2 laps off the pace to battling for the lead.

I have never had a car that had this much steering and yet be so easy to drive.

Thanks Ray, absolutely will not be running any other car anytime soon!

Later,
Old 12-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #9788
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I saw this on the "Ask Dayger" thread and thought I'd repost it here. Jeffs answer was in response to someone asking about his set up from the express shootout.

Quote:
Most of the setup is found here http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/setu...novakDAYGER.pdf

Just a few things different. I now run 30lb springs up front, and 14.5lb in the rear. 6 deg front blocks. DNA Body. Jaco 26mm two-staged, double pink front and double pink rear. And I ran the Trinity E-brush.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:07 AM   #9789
Tech Lord

Weird, Dager has gone to softer springs in the rear, and Cuffs has gone harder. How in the world does his car rotate with 14lb springs in the rear? He's running his camber links all the way up in that Novak setup, which combined with the low roll blocks would seemingly give the car massive push. Am I confused? Softening the rear and lowering the roll centers both generate more traction at that end, right? How does the car turn at all?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:58 AM   #9790
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a lot of the new setups are being generated to make the cars work with rear tires all around. the cars have corner speed just getting them consistent and driveablity is what is needed

[email protected]
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:56 AM   #9791
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
I got a RDX from rayhuang and got to run it for the first time lastnight and the car was totally dialed. Did not have to change anything, not one thing. Went from being 2 laps off the pace to battling for the lead.

I have never had a car that had this much steering and yet be so easy to drive.

Thanks Ray, absolutely will not be running any other car anytime soon!

Later,
hahaha. yeah, that car was absurd. you can drive it like a foam tire car!
Old 12-14-2006, 08:07 AM   #9792
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
hahaha. yeah, that car was absurd. you can drive it like a foam tire car!
This wasn't the rubber tire setup, this was the foam tire setup he had on the car. I can't even begin to imagine what the rubber tire setup is like.

Later,
Old 12-14-2006, 08:12 AM   #9793
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

oh, that's right. i forgot he ran it at our halloween race. nice.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:46 AM   #9794
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

with double pinks in the front and the rear the car has tons of steering but handles great the only thing to counter act too much steering is to make the rear of the car feel more "stuck" so putting more traction in the rear will make the car feel responsive yet nuetral and still able to rotate. thats my opinion
Old 12-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #9795
Tech Lord

So double pinks on the front is the new hotness? Is that an RDX thing, or are other cars having luck with the same change? I think I saw Rick Hohwart say it worked on the TC5 prototype as well.