R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #9751
Tech Elite

Default Roll out

So Guys I got a question about roll out. so If we use the calculator from gearchart.com we come up with around 26.69 to 27.07 I am assuming mm?

Then I see all the input from guys taling about roll ou like 1.17 to 1. whatever....

is this a metric to imperial conversion???? so 25.4mm equals 1.00"

Dayger talked about 1.17 roll out in 19T TC at thre IIC just trying to figure out the conversion. 1.17x25.4= 29.71mm

Thanks
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #9752
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett

yes you are correct. 25.4mm is equvilent to 1". most american racers use "standard" when xpressing rollout.

-Zac
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #9753
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro-MAX RC
so where do these new parts go? can anyone post pics of them on the car?
thanks!
As previously said, the joint balls are mounted to the shock towers via button head screws (into the threaded bodies of these balls). They replace the standard joint balls (unthreaded) at the top of the shocks that you normally fasten with a screw and nut.

With this mod, you just pop the tops of the shocks on and off of the new joint balls; instead of, having to unscrew them. Works great.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #9754
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916
So Guys I got a question about roll out. so If we use the calculator from gearchart.com we come up with around 26.69 to 27.07 I am assuming mm?

Then I see all the input from guys taling about roll ou like 1.17 to 1. whatever....

is this a metric to imperial conversion???? so 25.4mm equals 1.00"

Dayger talked about 1.17 roll out in 19T TC at thre IIC just trying to figure out the conversion. 1.17x25.4= 29.71mm

Thanks
Spot on buddy

-Korey
Old 12-05-2006, 11:32 PM   #9755
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Get outta here Harbuckle...we don't like your kind

USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #9756
Tech Champion

Ohhh fiiiiiiinnnnneeeee .
Old 12-06-2006, 12:12 AM   #9757
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ahh, I miss Korey, he was always quick to answer questions.

I did the threaded ball mod tonight, and it does indeed work great. It looks nice, too. The prototype car has this mod from what I've seen, so I'm guessing we'll see it standard on the PHI.

I'm getting a lot of complements about my car, and how it looks on the track. I've been using a setup for a while that's very similar to the one Cuffs posted a few days ago, and the car drives like a dream.

After being the only RDX driver at our track for nearly two years, we've got 6 guys wheeling them now. People have been switching from their T2's and FK05's, and picking up used carpet spec cars. Now that the breakage issues are solved, I haven't heard anything but praise. It's nice to have some company, though I miss being the only Corally snob in town. :-)
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:25 AM   #9758
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Ahh, I miss Korey, he was always quick to answer questions.

I did the threaded ball mod tonight, and it does indeed work great. It looks nice, too. The prototype car has this mod from what I've seen, so I'm guessing we'll see it standard on the PHI.

I'm getting a lot of complements about my car, and how it looks on the track. I've been using a setup for a while that's very similar to the one Cuffs posted a few days ago, and the car drives like a dream.

After being the only RDX driver at our track for nearly two years, we've got 6 guys wheeling them now. People have been switching from their T2's and FK05's, and picking up used carpet spec cars. Now that the breakage issues are solved, I haven't heard anything but praise. It's nice to have some company, though I miss being the only Corally snob in town. :-)
Some how I just don't believe that there are any bigger than you...."C" snobs that is!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:43 AM   #9759
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Some how I just don't believe that there are any bigger than you...."C" snobs that is!
Zing! It's possible I might have deserved that.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #9760
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

hey i have a quick question. i need to free up the rear end of my car. im running on carpet that is high bite the rear feels too stuck. just wondering what set-ups are out there to get the rear end to free up. or are there any tips out there. i havent ran this car for a while been racing alot of off-road.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #9761
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

I know when I took .5 deg of rear toe out of the car, it got a lot free'er through the middle of the corner... this may help
Old 12-06-2006, 10:10 AM   #9762
Tech Elite

at the moment i am running only 1 degree of negative rear toe. i have the shocks on the out hole on the tower and have the stock extensions. my camber link is on the top row outer hole(short link) and middle on hub.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #9763
Tech Elite

heres a good question... when is someone going to update the set-ups for the carpet foam section on the site..
Old 12-06-2006, 01:00 PM   #9764
Tech Lord

Jeff said he's working on getting some new setups on the site, so hopefully we'll see them soon.

What springs are you running in the rear? A lot of the setups on the site now have really soft springs, like 17lbs. I've gone all the way up to 24, and it's freed up the rear of the car tremendously. I noticed in Jeff Cuffs' latest setup, he's using 24's too, so maybe there's something to it.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #9765
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Ahh, I miss Korey
Hmmmm.... that must be why you lurk around in the X-Ray thread a lot.... I have a stalker now j/k