R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-28-2006, 11:24 PM   #9706
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Jeff,

Congrats on your win!

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:31 PM   #9707
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Jeff,

The "2 mil spacers on front arms" is perplexing. Please explain further.

Thanks.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:36 PM   #9708
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Back to 24 in the rear? Isn't that quite a bit harder than what you were running in the past? Congrats on the win. Have you tried any of the new stuff, like the narrow rear hubs or new top deck? Any reason you didn't use the offset bulkhead? No worries if you can't say without upsetting sponsors. :-)

What kind of BL racing you gonna do? We run the Novak 4300s in our RDXs here locally and have mountains of fun with it.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:38 PM   #9709
Tech Lord

You should do a setup sheet, man, the page is in need of a fresh carpet setup. It sounds like things have evolved a bit since last year.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:32 AM   #9710
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default Applause

Big round of applause to Jeff Cuffs.
I get to see Jeff race his ride almost every week and he's got the RDX in top form. Have to say his skills on the track are outstanding, one of the most tactical racers I've ever watched racing. Thumbs up

Better keep winning or we'll all get George to ask a million and one questions.

Last edited by olhipster1; 11-29-2006 at 02:34 AM. Reason: typo
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:54 AM   #9711
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

"tactical" awesome!!!

either way... CUFFS=My Hero!!

J.C.!! hope to see you guys in 2 weeks @ Horsham!!

Arv.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:10 AM   #9712
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Congrats to Cuffs on another victory! I was there running in 19T TC, but didn't do nearly so well IIRC, there were something like 7 RDX's in Stock TC A Main. The track was brutal on parts and, I felt, had a poor flow to the layout. Not to mention the bumps and ripples. I thought it was amusing that the 'fragile' RDX's held up better, breakage wise, than the 'indestructable' X-ray's. :P Even the team Xray guys were wiped out for parts.

Also, for anyone interested in a first hand account of how the new A arms held up, I have a new opinion of them. I've been running the 35% arms front and rear for awhile now. I started out running this way at the Champs, but shattered 2 rear arms in what I considered mild wall hits. I had to switch to the old 75% arms in the rear during qualifiying, so I could actually finish a race. IMO, the 35% front arms are fantastic. They definately hold up better against wall tapping than the old arms. But, the 35% rear arms are junk. They snap like twigs if your wheel catches on any little thing. The new design is beefy only out to where it's boxed for the hub to sit in. Then its too thin, and the 2 pairs of holes for the hinge pins make it weaker. If the wheel catches on somthing, it twists back, and the arm shatters across the hinge pin holes. Corally may also have some injection molding issues as well, that are causing weak spots. I have not tried the 5% or 80% arms yet, so I do not know if they will shatter when twisted as well or not.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #9713
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill
Jeff,

The "2 mil spacers on front arms" is perplexing. Please explain further.

Thanks.

i space the front arms out 2 mil at the roll center blocks
Old 11-29-2006, 01:30 PM   #9714
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Back to 24 in the rear? Isn't that quite a bit harder than what you were running in the past? Congrats on the win. Have you tried any of the new stuff, like the narrow rear hubs or new top deck? Any reason you didn't use the offset bulkhead? No worries if you can't say without upsetting sponsors. :-)

What kind of BL racing you gonna do? We run the Novak 4300s in our RDXs here locally and have mountains of fun with it.
yeah went back to the 24 seems to trasition quicker and doesnt lay over on the rear end. Im still running the standard extensions in the rear. I tried the new top deck and steering assemble and for me it gave up to much intial steering going into the corner but gained more coming out. I like the feel of the older top deck. I havent played around with the narrower rear hubs but i know MO has them on his car and likes them alot. It all preference what your driving style likes. As far as BL i been running the new trinity BL motor
Old 11-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #9715
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1
Big round of applause to Jeff Cuffs.
I get to see Jeff race his ride almost every week and he's got the RDX in top form. Have to say his skills on the track are outstanding, one of the most tactical racers I've ever watched racing. Thumbs up

Better keep winning or we'll all get George to ask a million and one questions.
Thanks man
oh no not george
Old 11-29-2006, 01:33 PM   #9716
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFREAK
"tactical" awesome!!!

either way... CUFFS=My Hero!!

J.C.!! hope to see you guys in 2 weeks @ Horsham!!

Arv.

lol thanks arv ill def be there
Old 11-29-2006, 02:23 PM   #9717
Tech Lord

My preload collars have gotten hard to turn, and now it's difficult to adjust my preload without unscrewing the caps of the shocks. Is there an easy way to fix this? I'm going to try and get some new rubber rings, but otherwise, I'm stumped. Should I just remote the rubber rings entirely?
Old 11-29-2006, 02:42 PM   #9718
Tech Master

did u cross thread them
Old 11-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #9719
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

cuffs mine are the same way ,,,, i have taken them apart and cleaned them very good, put everything back together and they work fine...... put them on the car and it does it again. very wierd
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:50 PM   #9720
Tech Master

that is weird i ve had the same car for 2 years now and no probs. Maybe the coating on the collars are wearing off and its starting to corrode. not sure tho