R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #9661
Tech Adept

Any responses on my questions regarding a review of the new arms?
Electro-MAX RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #9662
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you're not having problems with the old arms breaking, I'd stick with them. They're the same on all 4 corners, as you said, and work great when they're not in little pieces on the track. The new arms are stronger, but not indestructible. You'll require different mounting hardware for sway bars. The new rear arms give you the outside mounting holes and remove the need for the extensions, or the xlong extensions. You can run the "xlong" position without buying the SRC extensions if that's your thing. I've been doing it that way for a few weeks now with good results.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #9663
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TeamPink91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro-MAX RC
Any responses on my questions regarding a review of the new arms?
Like syndrome said, if you're not having problems with the old arms I would stay with them. I like them not only because of the same on all 4 corners issue, but they do weigh less, which depending on driver skill and preference can make a difference. Also, when I ran the new arms , instead of breaking them, I would just slightly bend the hinge pin instead, and that's no fun either.
TeamPink91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:45 PM   #9664
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Thanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123

Wally,you coming up with Tony over thanksgiving?
No, It doesn't look like I'll make it this time. I had a blast though racing last month at NorCal Raceway. Tony tells me carpet is opening over Thanksgiving weekend. Can't wait to check it out. Let me know when you guys hold a big race. Later, Wally

RC America/ X-ray/ SRG www.superradgraphics.com/ Hudy/ R1wurks/ TeamBocaBearings
GTRtuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:52 PM   #9665
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Would any of you guys be so kind as to post the inner and outer diameters of the thrust bearing washers and the thickness of the thrust bearing assembly in the RDX diffs?

Thanks
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:17 PM   #9666
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMcpot
Would any of you guys be so kind as to post the inner and outer diameters of the thrust bearing washers and the thickness of the thrust bearing assembly in the RDX diffs?

Thanks
I don't have them in front of me to measure, but the thrust washers are different. You'll actually need separate measurements for each washer.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:27 AM   #9667
Tech Lord

The favicon (the little icon that shows up in your browser next to a URL) for Corally International's page has been updated to the "PHI" symbol. I guess the PHI can't be too far off.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:33 AM   #9668
Tech Apprentice

Can anyone tell me what page of this thread I can find good carpet foam set up sheets on?

Hey Syndrome if it would be alright, I would like to peep out your car a bit when I get my RDX in next week. You could save me weeks in set up.

Chuck
ccs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:46 AM   #9669
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccs77
Can anyone tell me what page of this thread I can find good carpet foam set up sheets on?

Hey Syndrome if it would be alright, I would like to peep out your car a bit when I get my RDX in next week. You could save me weeks in set up.

Chuck
http://www.corallyusa.com/2005/setup.htm

I bounce between Dayger and McGreevy's setup. I like Cuffs', too. I run my rear springs a little harder than those guys seem to, but otherwise it's real close. You should be able to duplicate my setup pretty easy with the stuff you're getting, and you'll find it's very close to what the "pro's" are using. I think the car works really well on our track when I'm not making ridiculous decisions like I did with my tires in the main, so if nothing else, we can get you close to something that works and let you branch out from there.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:35 AM   #9670
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Grindog001

Hi all, does anyone know of a company that produces the center one way for this car?

thanks, john
Grindog001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:27 AM   #9671
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I dont know about you syndrome, maybe you should re-check your thrust bearings, I know mine use the same washer on both sides, and thats how Corally designed them.

I will get you a measurement later on today.
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:50 AM   #9672
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to |<R1Z |>

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Check the thrust washers....They are two different sizes. Put the smaller OD with a smaller hole in the middle closest to the diff screw head. Xrays are the same way!!

EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Very good point. Actually, I didn't know that either until last week when Rob and I were discussing it.

Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I had this problem and its the long part of the diff half rubbing on the inner hole of the thrust washer. If you look the inside hole of the thrust washer with the bigger hole is tapered so the diff half can fit in there. I noticed this becasue my car is anodized gold and the gold was rubbing off on the thrust washer. I put it in with the bigger hole top and was good to go.

There may be some discrepancies in thrust washer measurement. lol

I dunno what calipers you are using, but mine, syndrome's, EA's, Jeff's, Rob's, and L. Fairtrace's are the same. you should recheck your set.

Last edited by |<R1Z |>; 11-22-2006 at 08:09 AM.
|<R1Z |> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:32 AM   #9673
Tech Lord

I think they're different in XRay cars too. But, yea, they're definitely not the same size. Open a new pack and look closely.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:33 PM   #9674
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I run a RDX, but I wanted some other peoples opinions on something that doesn't directly have to do with the car. I am in the market for a new ESC. I either want to get a Keyence Rapida Pro, or wait and get a new Tekin FX Pro when they come out. Any suggestions?
kobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #9675
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobiwan
I run a RDX, but I wanted some other peoples opinions on something that doesn't directly have to do with the car. I am in the market for a new ESC. I either want to get a Keyence Rapida Pro, or wait and get a new Tekin FX Pro when they come out. Any suggestions?
The Rapida Pro has a huge footprint compared to other ESC's available, you have to remember with the Rapida, the programming buttons are on the long side of the ESC, you'll need to leave room for your fingers to access the controls. Especially when you attempt to mount the ESC in between the servo and motor, there's not a whole lot of room when a larger receiver is used there, or you can place the receiver on top of the servo.
rc_bam226 is offline   Reply With Quote