R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-16-2006, 07:20 PM   #9646
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Really? The front of the car looks very much like the pulley is centered between the bulkheads, with the rear one still being offset. Is there some way to do that with the way the diffs are currently designed, with one end longer than the other? Ideally they'd find a way to make that work so that part doesn't have to be retooled, but I can't see how they're accomplishing it in the front of the car. The mind boggles!

I'm assuming the front bulkhead spacing is narrow (like the rear) if nothing else, to handle the new mounting system for the rollcenter blocks.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:35 PM   #9647
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

The longer end appears to be recessed into the bulkhead. Since this picture is taken at an angle, I think it's giving the illusion that the belt is now centered. If they centered the belt, I believe it would get too close to the batteries. We're struggling for space as it is. Great looking car though. Can't wait until it hits the streets.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:24 AM   #9648
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
Hey Brian... you sure seem to know a lot about the new car.... for a guy that is "retired" from TC racing
Someone has to bring up the back of the field. I checked out every car before deciding. The old RDX was pretty good on the rug today.

I was told new diffs due to it being narrowed, but guess it was wrong.

TLR, Fantom, Horizon, Spektrum, Trackside
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:19 AM   #9649
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

It looks like the there could be a conversion kit for this new narrow bulkhead car. I only see the chassis and bulkheads as the only diff. The diffs do look offset. And they would have to be because of the center layshaft pully.

But the current layout on carpet is dialed.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:50 AM   #9650
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

more pic on the corrally prototype

Last edited by Guo Chean; 07-12-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Guo Chean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #9651
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett

i think im in love . the new easy access diffs will be a welcome change. no more fumbling with the shock tower / brace and the belt with the arm just to get the rear diff back in.

-Zac
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:37 PM   #9652
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I am using the RDX shocks with the tamiya bladders. No leaks
Hey dodgeguy,what is the part # of the Tamiya bladders? Thanks
outlandr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:35 AM   #9653
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy

hello! i've been checking the set-up sheets posted at the corally website and noticed that most of the drivers have their front width wider than the rear by 1 or 2mm.. what effect do you gain when you do this? also, what is the effect if you make the center track rod longer? thanks! hope someone can help out the prototype rdx looks wicked
Old 11-19-2006, 10:45 AM   #9654
Tech Adept

I am thinking about buying a used RDX, do you all think it would be worth it to buy it or should I wait for this one to come out?
ErikRC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:56 PM   #9655
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett

it will be well worth it. the new proto (correct me if im wrong) isnt going to hit the stores until next asphalt season. plus w/ the current RDX, you can upgrade it to suit any surface you could imagine.

-Zac
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #9656
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to OllieRDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.Hallett
it will be well worth it. the new proto (correct me if im wrong) isnt going to hit the stores until next asphalt season. plus w/ the current RDX, you can upgrade it to suit any surface you could imagine.

-Zac
The new RDX car is coming on Januari or Februari so!
If I was you'll wait for the new one! to come!

Greetings Ollie
Old 11-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #9657
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Has the car seen any carpet racing? At all? I sure hope they make a carpet spec available with a thicker chassis and all that. :-\

If you're right about Jan or Feb., that probably means the current prototype has been cleared for production. Actually, maybe not, since all of the changes seem to be machined parts, which are easier to send to production, but there's still the matter of packaging and all that.

Corally, please don't force the thin chassis with the stiffening plate on us. Please give us a carpet spec car.

For those of you on the fence, we have no idea how long it will be until the car is released. It's also untested and unproven, and the current car is still the best thing on carpet.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #9658
Tech Adept

Well the car went over what I wanted to pay for it anyway. Actaully I would be willing to pay what it's going for but I don't have enough money right now. The new RDX will most likely be my next TC when ever it comes out ,my current TC is a TC3 and I would really like something a little better. I race both asphalt and carpet (one weekend ashpalt the next carpet), even if it's not the best at either one I will most likely choose it over something else.
ErikRC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:56 PM   #9659
Tech Adept

Default New RDX Arms

RDX Followers:
I'm ordering some arms for this carpet season.
I've been pretty happy with the older 75% arms (has a few break on me) and was wondering if I should try the newer arms this season. I kinda like the fact that the older arms fit on all four corners of the car so I don't have to order a set of 4 front and rear.
Can anyone give a review or opinon of what I can expect moving to the new arms?

Also has anyone started using the new Comp. Spec chassis with stiffener and center point top deck? I really race on carpet, but 19T rubber is starting to get big around my area, looking perhaps to do the conversion. Any reviews would be much appreciated!
Electro-MAX RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:58 AM   #9660
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to OllieRDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro-MAX RC
RDX Followers:
I'm ordering some arms for this carpet season.
I've been pretty happy with the older 75% arms (has a few break on me) and was wondering if I should try the newer arms this season. I kinda like the fact that the older arms fit on all four corners of the car so I don't have to order a set of 4 front and rear.
Can anyone give a review or opinon of what I can expect moving to the new arms?

Also has anyone started using the new Comp. Spec chassis with stiffener and center point top deck? I really race on carpet, but 19T rubber is starting to get big around my area, looking perhaps to do the conversion. Any reviews would be much appreciated!
I race the new topdeck and new chassis for a lonbg time its better but i never use the stiffener. with the new chassis and topdeck the car is easier to handle!

Greetings Ollie