R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-13-2006, 09:11 AM   #9616
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Honestly, breaking the old hexes shouldn't have been a problem. As many other people have said on this forum, you do not need to be an ape when it comes to tightening these things down. All they need to be is snug.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #9617
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Charlie Albrecht

My name is Charlie Albrecht. I am a factory Corally driver. I spend all day on the net bashing on X ray and other drivers that aren't better than me. I lost my Checkpoint sponsor and Orion job but I still bash on everyone. If you need my help I will have my own site. Ask Bitter...

RC America/ X-ray/ SRG www.superradgraphics.com/ Hudy/ R1wurks/ TeamBocaBearings
GTRtuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:33 PM   #9618
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRtuned
My name is Charlie Albrecht. I am a factory Corally driver. I spend all day on the net bashing on X ray and other drivers that aren't better than me. I lost my Checkpoint sponsor and Orion job but I still bash on everyone. If you need my help I will have my own site. Ask Bitter...
YGPM
Old 11-13-2006, 10:15 PM   #9619
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Spare parts List

Iím new to the touring car thing and I just bought Corally RDX. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on a spare parts list? Thanks
zoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:02 AM   #9620
Tech Addict

One word.....WISHBONES!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:47 AM   #9621
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default ha ha

Wally how true ...with a teammate like him who needs enemys..
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:05 PM   #9622
Tech Adept

I just purchased an RDX and love it...(cept for the darn arms) After reading about 10 pages back (my eyes started to cross) I am impressed with the Corally service...I am looking forward to getting to know this car and finding out what doesnt feel right to come here to correct it. I am sure some of my questions will be answered from some of the 300+ pages here so I apologize if I double post a question. I will read as deep as I can. I purchased the car as almost new so I am sure I will find some things....Thanks again Coraly for being there for us...
omaharich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:58 AM   #9623
Tez
Tech Initiate

I have two RDX cars for sale. They have only been ran on carpet six or seven times each, i have some spares for them. if anyone is interested in making me an offer pm me.

Thanks.
Tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:11 AM   #9624
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraex
One word.....WISHBONES!
Bahahahahahahahaha this is sooooo true
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:02 PM   #9625
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think the wishbone thing is overstated quite a bit. If you run wheels that don't let the nuts stick out too far, and have the SRC bumper on the car, the stock arms do okay. Plus, you know, there's entirely redesigned arms available that are definitely stronger. They're not indestructible, but they're a big improvement.

For us, running Parma tires (nut recessed) and using the SRC Ultimate Bumper system cured the woes we had with arms breaking too easily. Also, going to 50% arms in the front helped a lot too. I switched to the new arms about 3 months ago and have broken one since then in regular club racing, and that was during a spectacular crash.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #9626
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default SAME HERE

Once you put that kydex bumper you'll be much better with the arm issue.

I've actually put a Parma bumper for a TC4 on the car with a little cutting on te backside of the bumper, found it works pretty darn well don't need the kydex piece any more.

If you can get your hands on a set of the duralilium (did I spell that right ) arms put them on the front...and you'll never have an issue with breakage.
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:58 PM   #9627
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to aoizip

or you can be like olhipster1... he got all 4 corners shinning up!!
looks very nice too~~

the SRC bumper works very well just like everyone said.
it is the first thing you should have on your car.

~Ming
aoizip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:30 PM   #9628
Tech Lord

Any advice for taping batteries into the RDX? I've got what I think is the latest revision of the 2.9 chassis, and it's got slots cut in it near the battery posts, but they're pretty narrow. Is there some special narrow tape that people use for this, or should I look into getting the new chassis with the wider slots? I can't really find a good way to mount the Orion Carbon battery in my car without tightening the strap quite a bit and tweaking the chassis.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #9629
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Any advice for taping batteries into the RDX? I've got what I think is the latest revision of the 2.9 chassis, and it's got slots cut in it near the battery posts, but they're pretty narrow. Is there some special narrow tape that people use for this, or should I look into getting the new chassis with the wider slots? I can't really find a good way to mount the Orion Carbon battery in my car without tightening the strap quite a bit and tweaking the chassis.
Adam I'll bring some of my 1/12 tape to the track Tuesday. I think Shane might have some on the wall also(it's the thin black kind).
Old 11-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #9630
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggster
Adam I'll bring some of my 1/12 tape to the track Tuesday. I think Shane might have some on the wall also(it's the thin black kind).
Cool, thanks. I'm a newb when it comes to tape, so the only thing I know about it is that it sucks to use. :-D I imagine I'll need to file down my slots so it doesn't slice the tape and launch my LiPo into a ballistic fireball.

I tried taking my top deck off while I had the battery strap cranked down on my LiPo, and it was jammed on to the bulkheads and almost impossible to remove. Once I removed the battery strap, it came right off with no resistance at all. So, if that's not a tweak, I don't know what is.